Board approves building renovations

Board approves building renovations

There are 3 comments on the Lewistown Sentinel story from Feb 2, 2012, titled Board approves building renovations. In it, Lewistown Sentinel reports that:

The Mifflin County School Board considered options for the future of its buildings and its budget during a special meeting Thursday in Lewistown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lewistown Sentinel.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#1 Feb 3, 2012
1.98 million into the old Indian Valley High School building? I thought the whole reason we built the new superschool was because the IVHS building was so old and damaged that it wasn't worth repairing?

Since: Sep 11

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Feb 3, 2012
The old IVMS too ! The old IVHS has been infested with rats for years ...
House Sparrow

Lancaster, PA

#3 Feb 9, 2012
1.98 million will be 3 million until they're done. If there is one thing that this illustrious school board has been forthcoming and truthful about, I missed it. Here are just a few of their "greatest hits"..

"IVMS is unsafe..Foundation sinking..New building needed so we can move the middle school and close this building." The new school, several miles away, magically fixed all of that? Wow, this McKissick guy is GOOD! On second thought, elementary school kids are smaller than middle school kids. Maybe they figured the foundation will be OK with a little less weight on it.

"The new IVHS will cost under $65 million, no need for a pesky referendum. We know what is good for those silly taxpayers." $100 million+ and counting. Way to circumvent the law!

"There are no plans for a combined high school. This will be a new IVHS." Really?

"Derry and Seventh Ward will be auctioned." Err, Derry will, anyway. We don't want our buddy to have to fork over six figures for his parking lot.

Just remember, though, it's all for the kids, and we're the taxpayers' friends. By the way, lemons are green, limes are yellow and owl droppings are a tasty, wholesome snack. Don't question us, or we'll act like teenagers and ridicule you. We know what's best for everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Down goes Frazier!!!!! 2 hr USMC Retired 6
Who is Domestic Relations REALLY helping? (Oct '14) May 31 kend 4
News Expense records sought from Elizabeth Forward b... May 26 HOPE 29
beware.............Voters May 25 Was concerned 28
Belleville Auction May 25 Jerry 2
Sleeping CO back to work???? May 17 makesmoresense 4
Comments by Tammy Hunter at Meet the Candidates... May 13 Sandmand2000 1
More from around the web

Lewistown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE