Couple Killed Before Mobile Home Fire

Full story: WGAL.com

There is no information about a double fatal fire near Lewistown, Mifflin County last month.
Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated May 10, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#1 Dec 29, 2007
Why do they keep issuing press releases stating the same old crap over and over? Nothing new to see here, move it along..........

Lewistown, PA

#3 Dec 29, 2007
Lewistown Resident wrote:
If you read the little insert in the paper ,where they had IN MEMORY OF SOMEONE. There was one in there from Jarrett ,the son of Jason and it also mentioned Melissa Secrist ,that is Jarrett's mother ,so is that also Jason's wife if he is still legally married,or is the comment that the homicide victims are both still legally married not true ?
I couldn't tell you for sure, but I believe only one of them was still legally married.
katydid

Bronx, NY

#4 Jan 7, 2008
Why aren't they releasing any suspect names, yet they say others don't have to worry about their own safety, as if they know who did these murders??????
doubtful

Lancaster, PA

#9 Jan 8, 2008
Kegger69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are unbelievable! I was a very good friend of Jason's and yes you may have still have been legally married, but you fail to mention that you were seperated for over 8 months! Anybody who knew Jason is in shock over this tragedy, but quit using this situation to put yourself in the lime light by claiming to still be his wife.
I'm not even certain that is Julia. Anybody who knew Jason knew how computer-savvy he was, and I find hit hard to believe his estranged wife would be that uneducated on using a computer (triple-posting, spelling errors, etc.)
katydid

Bronx, NY

#10 Jan 8, 2008
Have they considered Sherry Leonard's father-in-law???Leopard's don't change their spots..........
Little_Lion

University Park, PA

#11 Jan 8, 2008
katydid wrote:
Have they considered Sherry Leonard's father-in-law???Leopard's don't change their spots..........
Can you elaborate?
Little_Lion

University Park, PA

#13 Jan 9, 2008
Lewistown Resident wrote:
If these two were killed because of an affair that went wrong , maybe they would have been better off to do what a person in Norristown , Pa. did.
C'mon, this is a horrible tragedy that occurred. Two people have been murdered and it is nothing to joke around about. Family and friends lives have been altered forever due to this. As you can see by a number of the previous posts, some of these family and friends visit these sites, so how about posting something significant rather than offering up alternate scenarios on how it should have been handled.
katydid

Bronx, NY

#15 Jan 9, 2008
Mr. Leonard killed his wife back in the 70's because she was cheating. I can't find anything on it on the internet, but I know that it happened because a family member told me and ironically her name was Shirley..........similar to Sherry................
Little_Lion

University Park, PA

#16 Jan 9, 2008
katydid wrote:
Mr. Leonard killed his wife back in the 70's because she was cheating. I can't find anything on it on the internet, but I know that it happened because a family member told me and ironically her name was Shirley..........similar to Sherry..........
Thanks kateydid, appreciate the update.
PSU_Delta_08

University Park, PA

#17 Jan 9, 2008
katydid wrote:
Mr. Leonard killed his wife back in the 70's because she was cheating.
I also heard something about this, but also heard he only served a couple of years for it. Any truth to this?
doubtful

Shelby, OH

#18 Jan 9, 2008
So how was this Leonard her father in law? If he killed his wife, wouldn't that have been her mother?

Her mother is still alive and works for the same place both of the victims did.(TIU #11)
PSU_Delta_08

University Park, PA

#19 Jan 9, 2008
doubtful wrote:
So how was this Leonard her father in law? If he killed his wife, wouldn't that have been her mother?
Her mother is still alive and works for the same place both of the victims did.(TIU #11)
Leonard is her married name.
Little_Lion

University Park, PA

#20 Jan 9, 2008
doubtful wrote:
So how was this Leonard her father in law? If he killed his wife, wouldn't that have been her mother? Her mother is still alive and works for the same place both of the victims did.(TIU #11)
Perfect example of how rumors get started. Some people can't even understand the concept of an in-law. She was married to a Leonard, therefore making Mr. Leonard her father-in-law. If you know her mother as well as it sounds, you would know her last name is not Leonard.
katydid

Bronx, NY

#21 Jan 9, 2008
Sherry Leonard was married to Shawn Leonard and HIS father killed HIS mother and he grew up wihtout a mother, now their child (Sherry and Shawn's)who I believe is 8 or 9 has to also grow up without a mother and that is incredibly sad. I don't know how many years he served for the crime, but not very many, I tried to find it online and wasn't able to
lewistown resident

Palmyra, PA

#22 Jan 9, 2008
Mr leonard served 55 months for killing his wife and that was it what a shame.
lewistown resident

Palmyra, PA

#23 Jan 9, 2008
PSU_Delta_08 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also heard something about this, but also heard he only served a couple of years for it. Any truth to this?
Mr leonard served 55 months for killing his wife fact.
Kegger69

Lancaster, PA

#25 Jan 9, 2008
It is a tragedy in so many ways. Neither one of these individuals deserved this and I think about it all the time. I did not know Sherry, but I knew Jason very well. He was a great guy with superb character, so Sherry must have been somebody who was very similar. I miss his wittiness and sense of humor most of all. I know I share these sentiments with many, many people in the area. The individual or individuals responsible for this need to be caught.
Kegger69

Lancaster, PA

#26 Jan 9, 2008
lewistown resident wrote:
<quoted text>Mr leonard served 55 months for killing his wife fact.
How can anybody serve such little time for such a serious crime?
doubtful

Fredericktown, OH

#27 Jan 9, 2008
Little_Lion wrote:
<quoted text>
Perfect example of how rumors get started. Some people can't even understand the concept of an in-law. She was married to a Leonard, therefore making Mr. Leonard her father-in-law. If you know her mother as well as it sounds, you would know her last name is not Leonard.
Completely my mistake, but I wasn't attempting to start any rumors (not sure where you got that from?). Anyhow, I was just thinking of Mary Hancock and wasn't even thinking of her husband's side. Guess I should think things through a bit more before posting; I apologize.

Lewistown, PA

#28 Jan 9, 2008
Kegger69 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anybody serve such little time for such a serious crime?
Because our justice system is flawed. Take for instance two people here in Mifflin County for instance that were convicted of almost identical crimes involving drugs. One was a public official and received not even ONE DAY of jail time, the other sat in county jail for almost 2 full years. Its all in who you know (or blow).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 5 hr D Cheney 51,300
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) 16 hr ariana 23
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Thu Knows he lost 3,921
The Ink Garage (Mar '10) Aug 27 walkerwilliam91 27
MCRPD accepts plan Aug 18 bringinthedough 9
Top Party Schools (Jul '08) Aug 4 whathappened 26
Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Aug 2 nike free 3
•••
•••
•••

Lewistown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••