First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#1 Mar 22, 2010
Has anyone checked out the Ink Garage yet? A friend of mine said that black ink cartiages are about $10.00 and colored is about $15.00, so even though that is about $5.00 cheaper than Walmart when you buy both, it is not that good of a deal, especially when I saw a commercial on TV that black was $4.99. The manufacturers are sticking it to us on ink, they were selling printers cheap, making it up on ink, but now there are companies that are advertising low ink prices like KODAK and others so HP may have to follow them shortly. I would be surprised if the ink Garage last long.
Burnham

Lewistown, PA

#2 Mar 22, 2010
Next time you need to buy a printer, check the prices of the ink cartridges first. I did this past fall and bought the Kodak printer. The ink cartridges are smaller but last longer than my HP printer. Kodak cartidges are about one-eighth the cost for black and about a fifth for color.
jason

Lewistown, PA

#3 Apr 20, 2010
the ink garage... lol i thought that place was a tattoo parlor. im so out of the loop.

Since: Feb 09

Lewistown

#4 Apr 20, 2010
jason wrote:
the ink garage... lol i thought that place was a tattoo parlor. im so out of the loop.
Hey jason, VERY good name for a tattoo parlor! I think there is a reality show on a tattoo place by that name come to think of it.
Beatrice

Lewistown, PA

#5 Jul 22, 2010
I love this place! They helped me with my printer, and their ink cartridges print great!

My neighbors had their passport photos taken for just $1.99! Their service and friendliness certainly is a refreshing change compared to the normal.
Milroy

Washington Boro, PA

#6 Jul 22, 2010
Lewistown Resident wrote:
I would be surprised if the ink Garage last long.
They've lasted longer than any business you've ever started or will ever start.

I wish the Ink Garage well.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#7 Jul 22, 2010
Milroy wrote:
<quoted text>
They've lasted longer than any business you've ever started or will ever start.
I wish the Ink Garage well.
Oh No, here we go again, As You can see my statement that I would be surprised if the ink garage lasts was in March, four months ago, but Milroy finally makes a comment about it, and what does he say, something he knows nothing about because I could have a long running business right now. It was just another one of his attacks with nothing to post.
lillyville

Washington Boro, PA

#8 Jul 22, 2010
I have heard nothing but good about this place. Hope their business continues to grow.

Lancaster, PA

#9 Jul 22, 2010
check out their new website... www.TheInkGarage.com
It's still evolving, and will soon list the various ink cartridge and toners they can refill or replace....
Susan

Lewistown, PA

#10 Jul 23, 2010
I hate to tell the person who said the ink garage wont last long besides inkjets they also provide toner cartridges for a lot less then the major chains my supplier use to be staples now that they are here they are saving me 60.00 per toner and I happen to know a lot of local businesses are using them so they will be around plus they go out of their way to get you the products you need unlike wal-mart who lets their shelves empty cause they have no competition locally so they can do that. You go INK GARAGE!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!
lillyville

Washington Boro, PA

#11 Jul 23, 2010
I heard that they got the contract to supply the Mifflin County School District. That is great, it keeps the business local.
Spectator

Lewistown, PA

#12 Jul 24, 2010
Susan wrote:
I hate to tell the person who said the ink garage wont last long besides inkjets they also provide toner cartridges for a lot less then the major chains my supplier use to be staples now that they are here they are saving me 60.00 per toner and I happen to know a lot of local businesses are using them so they will be around plus they go out of their way to get you the products you need unlike wal-mart who lets their shelves empty cause they have no competition locally so they can do that. You go INK GARAGE!!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!
That person was Lewistown Lowlife, he can attest to the fact that he is wrong 100% of the time. Really have to feel sorry for him, his IQ doesn't even reach triple digits, in fact, back in the old days, morons like him would have been institutionalized. Now we let them out in public with internet access and off the leash he belongs on.
Jasper

Lancaster, PA

#13 Jul 24, 2010
I have a relative who's been in the printer/copier repair business for years and tells me that refilling of toner and ink cartridges is one of the biggest causes behind service calls he gets sent on. The article in the Sentinel the other day mentioned something about not throwing out a car when it runs out of gas but that's not really comparing apples to apples. Cars are designed to be refilled, your ink/toner cartridges are not. Refilled cartridges voids warranties on most printers that are still under warranty, and for a good reason.

Now I did hear somewhere that if any of the cartridges refilled by this new place causes harm to your printer they will repair or replace it. If that's the case then that's not so bad, but I'll stick with the OEM ink myself and not take that chance.

Either way, I wish the best of luck to this new place!
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#14 Jul 26, 2010
Is Black ink still $10.00 and Colored $15.00 ? If so I will still stick to QEM for $5.00 more when you buy both, see you later Ink Garage.
ME2u

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#15 Sep 28, 2010
warranties hah how many of you still have warranties on your printers ?
its always someone elses opinions that rub you wrong!
figure it the way i do and im sure the owner does !
if the person has formed an uneducated opinion into the business and its future ?
maybe its a good thing the business doesnt have to deal with his opinionated skepticism!
kudos to anyone who succeeds in life !
ill bet they even consider themselves religious too !
do unto others as i surely wouldve done to you first !
the only drawback i see for his business is his proximity to idiots !
Melissa

Elm, PA

#16 Feb 11, 2012
I'd like to know what kind of ink the person buys who can get both @ Walmart for $5.00 more. My black ink costs $25.00 & colored is $29.00. Not only is the service top notch, I'm am saving 50% on my ink costs! Before The Ink Garage opened, we had purchased a new printer just for the ink because it was almost the same price as replacing the ink cartridges! The Ink Garage is providing a valuable product to the local community & their staff is super nice. I'm pretty sure they will be here for quite some time.
input

Lancaster, PA

#17 Feb 11, 2012
Melissa wrote:
I'd like to know what kind of ink the person buys who can get both @ Walmart for $5.00 more. My black ink costs $25.00 & colored is $29.00. Not only is the service top notch, I'm am saving 50% on my ink costs! Before The Ink Garage opened, we had purchased a new printer just for the ink because it was almost the same price as replacing the ink cartridges! The Ink Garage is providing a valuable product to the local community & their staff is super nice. I'm pretty sure they will be here for quite some time.
You bought the wrong printer because you can still buy HP21 black and HP22 color for $32.00 for both at Walmart.
input

Lancaster, PA

#18 Feb 11, 2012
Melissa wrote:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-21-22-Black-and-...

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#19 Feb 21, 2012
Melissa wrote:
we had purchased a new printer just for the ink because it was almost the same price as replacing the ink cartridges!
That's just because you weren't aware of the fact that when you buy a new printer you get "starter" ink cartridges with it, they are only filled half way. When you buy regular ink cartridges for it after that they will last for twice as long.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#20 Feb 21, 2012
input wrote:
<quoted text>
You bought the wrong printer because you can still buy HP21 black and HP22 color for $32.00 for both at Walmart.
HP has lowered capacities on their newer ink cartridges over recent years to make it look like you're getting cheaper ink. Those cartridges you're talking about get you less than 200 pages each, so you're not getting a better "deal" than the person paying $60 for the two they need. In fact you're getting even less of a bargain but it appears "cheap" to somebody who doesn't bother researching it a little bit which is the target audience they were aiming for....the same kind who always buy the cheapest lunchmeat available at the deli :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mifflin County Schools 13 hr Mama28 1
Sleeping CO back to work???? (May '15) Apr 21 masterpieceman 16
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Apr 21 Diana Johnson 60
Mifflin County DA Makes excuses for Larry Wise ! (Aug '11) Feb '16 wrongfully accused 29
News Expense records sought from Elizabeth Forward b... (May '15) Jan '16 Cornell Poltergeist 26
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Jan '16 ericloud 338
News Mexican restaurant to open in Burnham (May '13) Jan '16 seanjohn5 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewistown Mortgages