Lauren S. Metz

There are 2 comments on the Lewistown Sentinel story from Jul 31, 2012, titled Lauren S. Metz. In it, Lewistown Sentinel reports that:

Lauren S. Metz, 16, of Lewistown, went to be with her Lord on Friday, July 27, 2012, at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lewistown Sentinel.

Since: Jul 12

Lewistown, PA

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Bless this child. Bless her family to find strength to look to another day. 
I did not know this child or her family, but I have prayed for her and her family everyday since I learned of her circumstances. Her fall was at a moment that many of us felt a very un-natural serge of wind power - grocery carts were sent astray, mothers ran to take cover w/their children, trash cans moved, pets hurried inside and lawn furniture flew. If you were outside at anytime during that gust, you KNEW its power. It was at that very moment this child and her friend were running for cover or to their car or somewhere for protection, and a tree limb falls crushing one of two children. She eventually showed no brain function, declared dead, and then her parents gave the gift of life - her healthy young organs were donated to save others across this country. Families are rejoicing as their child has been given a chance to live.
Remember that moment. Be grateful and give thanks for your fortune.
Remember this 16 year girl as your own, and pray for the graciousness of her family as they begin to heal.
And pray for her friend, the person with her. She needs consideration, love and compassion as no one would want to be in her shoes.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#2 Aug 3, 2012
I didn't know Lauren directly either (my children shared common friends with her) but my deepest condolences to her family and friends on their loss. I cannot begin to imagine the pain they must be going through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) May 14 Sergio75142 86
Who would you talk to about reporting the corru... (Oct '08) May 8 Justaperson 166
News Yorks pleads not guilty Apr '18 Karamarie4301 1
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Dec '17 Greg 349
Please help bring Shane home (Oct '17) Oct '17 Jessica 1
News Derry asked to help fund road project (Aug '17) Aug '17 Hoyman99 1
Sleeping CO back to work???? (May '15) May '17 Alby17944 19

Lewistown Jobs

Personal Finance

Lewistown Mortgages