PSU student killed on area roadway

Feb 10, 2008 Full story: Lewistown Sentinel 8

“It's a tragedy this thing has happened”

By Nick Malawskey, Sentinel reporter, nmalawskey@lewistownsentinel.com LEWISTOWN - A 21-year-old computer science major at the Pennsylvania State University was found dead Friday following a single-car crash on ... via Lewistown Sentinel

Full Story
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#1 Feb 11, 2008
I overheard another missing person report ,A family member was suppose to have had a phone conversation with a family member , this person wrecked and was upside down, and all he could see was rocks. Is this that same person? The space where the person was to be traveling was a little different. If so,It makes you wonder when and why it took so long for this information to get to Mifflin County and what they did with it once they got it. This tragedy is bad enough, but if there was a phone call for help and the information was slow coming ,that would be even worse. Maybe these two incidents are not even related but when you hear them, it rings a bell. Bits and pieces is how you come up with answers. Is this only part of the story since it is early into the investigation.
Pray for the family.
milroyrez

Boiling Springs, PA

#2 Dec 15, 2011
You'll prolly never get an answer cause all people do around on this is argue and be jerks

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#3 Dec 15, 2011
milroyrez wrote:
You'll prolly never get an answer cause all people do around on this is argue and be jerks
And resurrect 3 year old threads apparently.....
Merry Christmas

Lemoyne, PA

#4 Dec 15, 2011
milroyrez wrote:
Milroyrez, is this one of the jerks you were speaking of that posted this reply to your post?

JunkE wrote:
<quoted text>
And resurrect 3 year old threads apparently.....

Lewistown, PA

#5 Dec 16, 2011
Merry Christmas wrote:
<quoted text>
Milroyrez, is this one of the jerks you were speaking of that posted this reply to your post?
<quoted text>
More than likely. I am most definitely a jerk.
Sally

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Dec 16, 2011
JunkE wrote:
<quoted text>
More than likely. I am most definitely a jerk.
I couldn't disagree on that one, you got my vote!!!
geometro

Lewistown, PA

#7 Dec 27, 2011
Texting should be outlawed when driviving. Regular cell phone use should be to. Fines should be at least $1000.00. and parents pay it if child dies.
Didn't a 17 year old wreck and get killed while driving about 90 mph and no seat belt and was texting. If people aren't going to control themselves, then the government will control us. Yet the parent got mad, and tried to violate a teacher freedom of speech? How about the one parent, did you get proactive and say to kids don't use drugs or hang out passanger window because the driver didn't know where the brake pedal was, that safety belt would of kept him in vehicle . Parents accept the fact that when your child dies in wrecks like this, it's not the rest of the communties fault but the communities problem. Who's fault is it if the 17 year old texting doing about 90 mph would of killed an inocent by stander? It would of been the same if parents would of bought her a gun and she used it. Parents get 5 or 6 fund raisers's but yet both had jobs. In 2010 the step father and mother spent $1000.00 from income tax on punch boards at at least one firehous and maybe the vfw? Maybe a person name Barb F. can tell you about the tax codes. Sorry for your loss. Happy new tax year 2012 God bless the people in Ferguson Valley

Lewistown, PA

#8 Dec 28, 2011
As usual Gary, your post is all over the place so it's hard to decipher between all the random unrelated thoughts you're spewing out there.

I agree texting should be prohibited while driving and I even agree that cell phone use in general should be prohibited while driving. Personally I don't think there's that many calls that are so important you can't wait until you get to where you're going or pull over and make/take them. We managed to travel in vehicles just fine for decades upon decades without communicating while we were driving, it's just a convenience we've come to enjoy. However if that convenience comes at the cost of personal safety then it is time to forgo it.

Not sure what the jabbering on about freedom of speech and people's personal financial situations all in the same paragraph has to do with this however?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Dec 14 Aisha 30
Lewistown Sentinel - Worst Newspaper In the World (Aug '08) Dec 10 ajoke56 1,031
Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Dec 3 airmax2014flyknit 11
2015, a big election year in Mifflin County Nov 25 Lewistown LLC 3
Support group for cys victims (Jul '13) Nov '14 Wendy Cornelius 55
Street Cleaner (Apr '09) Nov '14 mickey 32
Fugitive caught in Lewistown Nov '14 Jamie 1
Lewistown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewistown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lewistown News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewistown

Personal Finance