Assistance office offers food stamp.....

Assistance office offers food stamp.....

There are 231 comments on the The Sentinel story from Mar 30, 2009, titled Assistance office offers food stamp...... In it, The Sentinel reports that:

Note: In an effort to highlight the prevention programs that are available in Mifflin County, Mifflin County Communities That Care is offering a series that will focus on one service provider each month.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sentinel.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Lewstown Resident

Harrisburg, PA

#224 May 23, 2011
Todays Sentinel Openline was all about reliefers and I noticed Milroy called in his complaint, That if you want to talk about relifers you should sign your name. That way instead of being an issue, it could turn to a personal attack.
Lewstown Resident

Lancaster, PA

#225 May 31, 2011
The OPENLINE caller today in the Sentinel had a good Idea, Bring back the CCC camps that they had in the 1940's, where welfare people had to show up with a shovel, pix, and rakes to build and repair public works structures. They said it was time again to sift out these people that can work but are not, but they are receiving a government check. A good example would be if you can and are able to mow grass, why are you not required to mow the grass at a park somewhere to earn your Government handout?

http://cogtooth.blogspot.com/search...

friend of a friend

United States

#226 May 31, 2011
When was the last time you saw a skinny person getting food stamps or any kind of assistance for that matter. Rarely do you see that cause they are all lazy. All they do is get their free food and watch their free tv all day long. Chips, soda and junk food is what a large portion of these people use their assistance for. Seen it way too many times.
Lewstown Resident

Millersville, PA

#227 May 31, 2011
friend of a friend wrote:
When was the last time you saw a skinny person getting food stamps or any kind of assistance for that matter. Rarely do you see that cause they are all lazy. All they do is get their free food and watch their free tv all day long. Chips, soda and junk food is what a large portion of these people use their assistance for. Seen it way too many times.
They wouldn't stay fat long if they had to use those Pix's and shovels very long in 90 degree heat.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#228 May 31, 2011
I was in line this weekend at a convenience store and watched 2 teenagers buying several premade hoagies, bags of chips, ice cream bars, a bunch of soda and energy drinks and saw there total come up to like $62. When it was time to pay the one kid gave the clerk an access card and said to the other one "my mom gets so much food stamps she just lets me buy whatever I want with it"

It's a shame there's not a system of checks and balance in place to make sure these people are only getting what they need. If they didn't get so much extra I'm sure they'd be buying there stuff at a grocery store instead of a convenience store, buying their soda in bulk instead of 6-8 20 oz. bottles at a time, etc.
Lewstown Resident

Mount Gretna, PA

#229 May 31, 2011
JunkE wrote:
I was in line this weekend at a convenience store and watched 2 teenagers buying several premade hoagies, bags of chips, ice cream bars, a bunch of soda and energy drinks and saw there total come up to like $62. When it was time to pay the one kid gave the clerk an access card and said to the other one "my mom gets so much food stamps she just lets me buy whatever I want with it"
It's a shame there's not a system of checks and balance in place to make sure these people are only getting what they need. If they didn't get so much extra I'm sure they'd be buying there stuff at a grocery store instead of a convenience store, buying their soda in bulk instead of 6-8 20 oz. bottles at a time, etc.
This post is like the coffee pot calling the tea pot black.

http://campage1.blogspot.com/

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#230 Jun 1, 2011
Lewstown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
This post is like the coffee pot calling the tea pot black.
http://campage1.blogspot.com/
What is the purpose of you constantly spamming the forums with this same link over and over? Are you trying to imply that is me? If so, you're investigative skills are about on par with your spelling and grammar skills.

You'd make a good investigator for the LPD..........
friend of a friend

United States

#234 Jun 21, 2011
How's that saying go? "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." Becareful Lewistown.that well could dry up and then where would you be.
Lewistown Resident

Lancaster, PA

#236 Jun 23, 2011
Mifflin County has too many Leeches to prosper.
Regular Reader

Bainbridge, PA

#237 Oct 7, 2011
OhMy, when is it going to quit? In todays Sentinel you might have read about the Emergency Assistance program from Hurricane Lee. Mifflin County did not meet the dollar value in damages to receive assistance according to the rules,but wait a minute,If we live next to a county that does have diaster damages, then you can apply. Maybe that is why there is so many people living off the Government, not that they Qualify, but maybe they live NEXT TO somebody that does, so they can find a way to lie, cheat,and whatever it takes to start their Government check. More people than ever is living off the government. The county may be setting a bad example for these people that thinks the Government owes them.
Lewistown Resident

Lancaster, PA

#238 Nov 7, 2012
As Deirdre Imus says, the reason Obama won again is because there is more people in the wagon than there is pulling it. Government assistance programs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sleeping CO back to work???? (May '15) May 9 Alby17944 19
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Apr '17 Jim5624 343
Mifflin County Deadbeat parents (Oct '14) Apr '17 What a joke 3
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Apr '17 Mustang1965 71
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Feb '17 air max shoes 26
Bar flys and street girls Jan '17 Matt Houser 1
News Harry J. - Punk' Smith Jr. Jan '17 Eileen Biddle 1

Lewistown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewistown Mortgages