Lewistown/Mifflin County jobs

Lewistown/Mifflin County jobs

Posted in the Lewistown Forum

NeedJobs

Lancaster, PA

#1 Dec 30, 2008
When is someone, be it the county commissioners or a group with some authority going to put their foot down and really bust some hump to get some jobs, good jobs into this area?

The new First Quality factory is a step in the right direction but it's my understanding that MCIDC and Rob Postal told them that they could not start out paying their employees what they wanted to because it would wipe out the other local employers. So what? Isn't competition great for the economy? It wouldn't wipe the others out because not every employee from places like Overhead, Marlette and Trinity would get hired.

Rumor also has that when the current contract with MCIDC expires that First Quality can pay their people what THEY want, and I've told it's much better than the $9.00/hr that Mr. Postal allowed.

Who can live on $9.00/hr? I think Super Rob should try it. Mr. Postal should step up and tell us his salary.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#2 Dec 30, 2008
Mifflin County's biggest employer is agencies that provide human services to crimminals and no or low income people here. Grant writing , such as the access card , rent rebates, free health care , housing assistance , shelter services , and energy assistance. If people here would make a decent wage , what would all these people do that is milking the system to provide all these services . These free services bring in people from out of the area because it is easier to get here.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#3 Dec 30, 2008
How would it wipe out other employers? It’s not like anybody else in the area is making diapers as competition and FQ will only hire the amount of employees they need so there will still be plenty of other employees to fill the positions at the other local factories, right?

Thing is, if this is true why would FQ bother bumping their rate up later when they’ve already found they can operate while paying the lower rate?
hooky

Shippensburg, PA

#4 Jan 26, 2009
would anyone be interested in more info on an honest and ethical home business that thrives in this economy i have ran several adds in past but responces are from people looking for get rich quick jobs and really not int in a home business. and if i am in the wrong posting her im very sorry just trying to reach people in our area thatare looking on ways to generate income without changing a thing on what they are doing now
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#5 Apr 20, 2009
Granville twp is advertising for a full time Police Officer , Maybe Ed Reed can apply for that job and get out of the conflict of interest in Mifflin County Regional , however that might just cause the conflict to run deeper between Depts. Maybe it would be better to just hire outside people.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#6 Apr 20, 2009
I'd say the board memebers should resign if anything to resolve that conflict of interest. Officer Reed's been with that force since the day regional was formed.
Amused

Erie, PA

#7 Apr 20, 2009
hooky wrote:
would anyone be interested in more info on an honest and ethical home business that thrives in this economy i have ran several adds in past but responces are from people looking for get rich quick jobs and really not int in a home business. and if i am in the wrong posting her im very sorry just trying to reach people in our area thatare looking on ways to generate income without changing a thing on what they are doing now
If you're looking for people to help generate income, maybe you should have someone check your grammar, spelling and punctuation so that you could be taken seriously!!
Amused

Erie, PA

#8 Apr 20, 2009
JunkE wrote:
I'd say the board memebers should resign if anything to resolve that conflict of interest. Officer Reed's been with that force since the day regional was formed.
Yep, sitting at his sisters place the majority Of that time. He can't get reprimanded for that because his bully of a sister throws a temper tantrum, she NEEDS TO GO!!

Since: Nov 11

Mifflintown, PA

#9 Dec 8, 2011
im 18 and have a baby to take care of but yet noone in the mifflin juniata county area will hire me without experience how the hell am i sopposed to get experience that way
Judge Betty

Lancaster, PA

#10 Dec 8, 2011
loltyler wrote:
im 18 and have a baby to take care of but yet noone in the mifflin juniata county area will hire me without experience how the hell am i sopposed to get experience that way
They probably are not going to hire you as the CEO of McDonalds, but it doesn't take much experience to push burgers out the window. Give it a try.
Milroy

Lancaster, PA

#11 Jan 20, 2012
An Openline caller in the Sentinel today said welfare people are bums,but SSI people are not. How can you tell the difference?
Spectator

Lewistown, PA

#12 Jan 20, 2012
At least SSI people funded their hand out.
Milroy

Lancaster, PA

#13 Jan 20, 2012
Spectator wrote:
At least SSI people funded their hand out.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lewistown-pa/...
Milroy

Lewistown, PA

#14 Jan 24, 2012

People can't figure out why Lewistown has so many problems, Go figure.

http://campage1.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Reverend Norman E. Huff Aug '16 Pat Stum Arbegast 1
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Aug '16 Vita 65
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Jul '16 jackwell 22
Lewistown Borough Police Department (Nov '09) Jul '16 Angry teenage girl 1,524
vincent e martz egor Jul '16 martz friends 1
News Shooting leaves 2 dead (Jul '15) Jun '16 Nope 7
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) May '16 Noplacelikehome 339

Lewistown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewistown Mortgages