Lwtn Borough taxes
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
West Ender

Rheems, PA

#1 Dec 30, 2011
Get out your check book or back up the moving van, your property taxes are going up 16% the first of the year. Sounds so much better when it is explained as a 2 mill increase doesn't it? Ragdoll Rager says it's for the anticipated 3% pay increase for the borough employees. With less than 50 employees I wonder where the remaining money goes? Gotta pay for that "new and improved" police dept that Lyin' Bill Herkert controls. Don't know if anyone else actually looked at the budget that was on display at Borough hall but it is full of pay increase alot more than 3%. Increases in wages and salaries for the police alone amount to 40k. That's just the increases!!!

Three council members, Moore, Searer, and Nelson R, voted against the tax increase. Nelson R and Berrier are leaving Council and will be replaced by two new members the first of the year. Will Adams and Bollinger have the courage to stand up and repeal the increase or will they follow the good ole boys and stay quiet. Only time will tell.
Intolerance to crap

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Dec 31, 2011
And this is for what purpose?
Reality

Medina, OH

#3 Jan 5, 2012
You would think a borough council member could pay their taxes. I seen in the paper a Moore residence in Lewistown is up for sheriff sale this year. It's a sad day when the people who represent a community can't keep up with their own personal financial obligations and affairs, yet they sit at a table and make decisions for others. Unreal!!!!!

Normally houses aren't sheriff sold unless they have taxes that are delinquent for numerous years.
West Ender

Rheems, PA

#4 Jan 5, 2012
The property you mention is where Councilman Moore lives. It is owned by his wife, Gina. That may be why Councilman Moore voted AGAINST the budget and tax increase. Always thought he was a lap dog for Felmlee and Berrier but maybe he can think for himself.

Looking at one the new members, I hear another has quite the financial story as well.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#5 Jan 5, 2012
West Ender wrote:
The property you mention is where Councilman Moore lives. It is owned by his wife, Gina. That may be why Councilman Moore voted AGAINST the budget and tax increase. Always thought he was a lap dog for Felmlee and Berrier but maybe he can think for himself.
Looking at one the new members, I hear another has quite the financial story as well.
If it's owned by him or his wife what's the difference? Technically his name may not be on the deed but that doesn't make him not a member of the household that I'm sure he contributes finances too, right?

Lewistown, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2012
Reality wrote:
Normally houses aren't sheriff sold unless they have taxes that are delinquent for numerous years.
Or maybe it's for something else. This is what the mifflin county sheriff's website says about sheriff sales:
Sheriff website wrote:
Sheriff sales are NOT tax sales for delinquent real estate taxes. If you desire information concerning tax sales, you should contact the Mifflin County Tax Claim Bureau.
Reality

Medina, OH

#7 Jan 5, 2012
Sounds like be doesn't have his say at home either, since it appears his wife runs the show there and not very well I might add. What a bunch of garbage. You should not be able to hold any office with a bad credit history or delinquent taxes. It is just wrong!!!!

Lewistown, PA

#8 Jan 5, 2012
Reality wrote:
Sounds like be doesn't have his say at home either, since it appears his wife runs the show there and not very well I might add. What a bunch of garbage. You should not be able to hold any office with a bad credit history or delinquent taxes. It is just wrong!!!!
Agreed. At least he's just an alternate.
West Ender

Rheems, PA

#9 Jan 5, 2012
Sorry JunkE, there are no alternates to Borough Council. He is an elected councilman with all the rights and privileges.

Lewistown, PA

#10 Jan 6, 2012
West Ender wrote:
Sorry JunkE, there are no alternates to Borough Council. He is an elected councilman with all the rights and privileges.
You're right, I read that wrong. He was appointed alternate Council of Governments representative.
Grammar Police

State College, PA

#11 Jan 10, 2012
"I SEEN" has to be one of the most grating of ALL grammactical errors, it makes most people want to rip their ears off. People please, I take nothing as intelligent when you start a sentence with "I SEEN"!!
Reality

Wooster, OH

#12 Jan 17, 2012
Grammer, who really cares about proper grammer I believe my point was made. People who feel they are better than others are usually those who suffer from some sort of adversity in life. I hope you over come yours.

Lewistown, PA

#13 Jan 18, 2012
Reality wrote:
proper grammer
LOL
Milroy

Lancaster, PA

#14 Jan 18, 2012
JunkE wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
http://campage1.com/
Ctrygal98

Carlisle, PA

#15 Jan 19, 2012
The Moore property is being foreclosed on. It is not being sold for back taxes. Foreclosure notices are a matter of public record; National Mortgage Association/Fulton Bank is the mortgage holder on this property.
Reality

Port Matilda, PA

#16 Jan 20, 2012
Ok, that clears it up. Either way, people like this are worthless if they fail to meet their financial obligation as I stated before and have no business making decisions for a community where they live. Makes you wonder if he even lives within the borough at this point.
Spectator

Lewistown, PA

#17 Jan 20, 2012
Well LR you piece of crap, remember when I said your taxes were going up with the 'New" PD? You swore you knew everything and this wasn't true, so now you can STFU about everything as you are incapable of anything resembling truth.
Milroy

Lancaster, PA

#18 Jan 20, 2012
Spectator wrote:
Well LR you piece of crap, remember when I said your taxes were going up with the 'New" PD? You swore you knew everything and this wasn't true, so now you can STFU about everything as you are incapable of anything resembling truth.
http://campage1.com/

Lewistown, PA

#19 Jan 20, 2012
Spectator wrote:
He doesn't even live in the borough.
Milroy

Lewistown, PA

#20 Jan 20, 2012
JunkE wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't even live in the borough.
http://virtuallyfreeyellowpages.com/RETAILCG....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) May 14 Sergio75142 86
Who would you talk to about reporting the corru... (Oct '08) May 8 Justaperson 166
News Yorks pleads not guilty Apr '18 Karamarie4301 1
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Dec '17 Greg 349
Please help bring Shane home (Oct '17) Oct '17 Jessica 1
News Derry asked to help fund road project (Aug '17) Aug '17 Hoyman99 1
Sleeping CO back to work???? (May '15) May '17 Alby17944 19

Lewistown Jobs

Personal Finance

Lewistown Mortgages