Dillsburg-area man charged in Mifflin...

Dillsburg-area man charged in Mifflin County murder

There are 60 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Dillsburg-area man charged in Mifflin County murder. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A Dillsburg-area man has been charged in the murder of a 46-year-old Mifflin County man, state police at Lewistown said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
yellnholler

Roy, WA

#44 Aug 4, 2010
The PA criminal law enacted in 1973 vastly changed the old common law justifications to defend one self. To the point now that criminals have the upper hand, so long as they don't resort to lethal violence. They can throw things at you, hit you with their fists, etc, but the victim can't even threaten to use lethal force to fend off such an attack. Farmers in particular have to deal with armed trespassers during hunting seasons, A-holes on ATV's tearing up their fields, etc. If they attempt to hstop the folks to have them charged, the CRIMINALS make all kinds of threats, including pointing firearms. There are times wheen I won't stray to the end of my property without "heat." Why, because the cops are poorly trained and don't want to be bothered, when the can give a tcket for something earthshakingly serious like an old lady making a California stop at a country cross roads.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#45 Aug 4, 2010
JTW wrote:
OK, but I don't picture this as a farmer on his 100 acre farm. I just pictured two house practically on top of each other. Could be a bad assumption on my part.
I don't know the exact layout of this location, but I can tell you its a very rural area.
change is needed

Lancaster, PA

#46 Aug 5, 2010
yellnholler wrote:
Another tragic fight between neighbors in part because the idiot legiscritters refuse to set forth a law to enforce easements, rights of way and trespassing. Like the shooting last fall up state over trespassing deer hunters and the killing up near Dover over a shared driveway 12 years ago. State troopers refuse to anything about trespassers, atvs, and otether property line disputes, so the brazebn think they can get away with things and the victims get charged when pushed too hard and committing a retaliatory act.
Instead of a namby pamby trespass law with $75 dollar fines, Pa should follow some of the surrounding states and make all trespassing misdemeanors. Trespassing while armed should be a felony as in New York State. No ugly Posted signs should be required.
You can't imagine how scary it is for the police to do nothing when your property is posted and you catch a mental patient snooping around outside the house at 3 am. Worse yet the person lets you know that he has been watching your house and tells you when your elementary age daughter gets off the bus each day. Believe me I wanted to shoot the SOB. Cops let him go without so much as a fine. He was picked up for chasing a neighbor with a chain saw. finally arrested when he piled brush up at a business and lit the pile, only to be declared incompetent to stand trial. I have ATV's run through my fences and asked a trooper to charge them with Agricultural trespassing. Only to be told there was no such thing.(Horse crap it is in title 18 section 3503.)
If a person intentionally blocks an easement or right of way, it should be a misdemeanor. Those who share a driveway, easement etc, should be forced to share in the plowing and maintenance. Instead, Pa treats interfereing with private property rights as being less serious than stealing a candy bar at wally world.
We need teeth in the law and Leos who are better trained to handle such situations instead of ignoring them.
You are so right on this - the trespassing laws and enforcement in this state are practically worthless unless you are looking for a way to harass and terrorize your neighbor. And until ANY case goes to trial, we don't know all of the facts. In case some people don't realize it, newspaper stories are not always complete, fair OR unbiased.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#47 Aug 5, 2010
Yes, Blackberry Lane is very rural. Parys' and Trimmer's houses are not right on top of each other. Both guys had plenty of room, so it was really all about them being extremely possessive over their land. Ridiculous really, that someone had to die for such a stupid cause. Curse you, property disputes.
old man

New Cumberland, PA

#48 Aug 10, 2010
Philly Flyer wrote:
It is murder. He shot him in the back. Rot in jail old man.
I'm sorry detective who?, exactly how much evidence do you have in this case cause that's a pretty strong judgment
trimmers neighbor

Mechanicsburg, PA

#49 Aug 20, 2010
this is so sad.i pray for all the families in this case.trimmer has been my neighbor here in dillsburg for 13 years,and has always been a great guy and very helpful with favors for my bf and i,and,he was recently at our home to pick up firewood we were more than happy to get rid of.im not defending him in anyway,just very sad there was a fatality.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#50 Aug 21, 2010
trimmers neighbor wrote:
this is so sad.i pray for all the families in this case.trimmer has been my neighbor here in dillsburg for 13 years,and has always been a great guy and very helpful with favors for my bf and i,and,he was recently at our home to pick up firewood we were more than happy to get rid of.im not defending him in anyway,just very sad there was a fatality.
Your neighbor might have been like alot of other neighbors, he wasn't the same inside as it appeared he was from the outside when he was around you.
Poe Paddy

Knoxville, IA

#51 Aug 21, 2010
Went to a mini-market in Lewistown once,,,,all they sold was chewin tobacco, beef jerkey, Coor Lite, and ammo.
Sherifff Buford J Pusser

Knoxville, IA

#52 Aug 21, 2010
Mifflin County prison is the place to be. All whites,,,no minorities to deal with.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#53 Aug 21, 2010
Sherifff Buford J Pusser wrote:
Mifflin County prison is the place to be. All whites,,,no minorities to deal with.
That's not true , go to the MCCF website and look for yoursel.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#54 Aug 21, 2010
Sherifff Buford J Pusser wrote:
The numbers might not be up to the 12% of the country in minorites right now with only 92 inmates in jail, but when the numbers were in the 135 to 147 range, minorities were above their 12% number.
Ugly Joe

Knoxville, IA

#55 Aug 21, 2010
One day I come down from the 7 Mountains and ate at the Lewistown KFC. Very good,,all you can eat chicken, then it was back to Coburn.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#56 Aug 23, 2010
Poe Paddy wrote:
Went to a mini-market in Lewistown once,,,,all they sold was chewin tobacco, beef jerkey, Coor Lite, and ammo.
Beer and ammo at a minit mart in PA? You'll have to tell me which one....
concerned

Northfield, NJ

#57 Sep 3, 2010
hello
Milroy

Lancaster, PA

#58 Sep 3, 2010
concerned wrote:
hello
Ruined
concerned

Northfield, NJ

#59 Sep 3, 2010
o.k., not one tried to take a gun from the shooter, the scene of the crime was in the victims driveway, so if that is unclear Parys was shot in his own driveway, if you dont think its a gunfight you might take pepper spray if you feel the person your dealing with needs to understand you dont want to be bothered on your own property. also the shooter shot parys in the back and in the neck close range, not an accident,doesnt matter where this happened in the u.s. where is compassion for the deceased family? many people do not feel parys was an asshole, he may have had info about trimmer collecting disability saying he was disabled and couldnt work but was up state p.a. driving tractor and doing things disabled person shouldnt be able to do, think about it then shut the fuck up you are ridiculous. that is why it came to trimmer shooting him he had trimmer on tape.
JunkE

Lancaster, PA

#60 Sep 3, 2010
Forum RUINED

Wednesday | The Sentinel

... to court documents filed at Magisterial District Judge Barbara M. Lyter's office. Pennsylvania State Police Lewistown said Ralph Robert Laubach, 65, engaged in sexual intercourse with a female juvenile between the ages of 10 and 12 years at his ... Comment?

Related Topix: Mifflintown, PA

11.Just hangin' out

Wednesday | The Sentinel

... classrooms and hallways. Mifflin?County?School District, Juniata County?School District and Sacred Heart School in?Lewistown all start school today. See more photos online at cu.lewistownsentinel.com Comment?

Related Topix: Education Etc.

12.Scholastic Sports

Tuesday | The Sentinel

The Lewistown golf team hosted a few foes from the Tri-Valley League in East Juniata, Millersburg and Newport on Tuesday at Lewistown Country Club. Comment?
JunkE

Lancaster, PA

#61 Sep 3, 2010
Topix is the leading news community on the Web, connecting people to the information and discussions that matter to them in every U.S. town and city.

A Top 10 online newspaper destination (comScore, March 2008), the site links news from 50,000 sources to 360,000 lively user-generated forums. Topix also works with the nation's major media companies to grow and engage their online audiences through forums, classifieds, publishing platforms and RSS feeds.

Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Topix LLC is a privately held company with investment from Gannett Co., Inc.(NYSE: GCI), The McClatchy Company (NYSE: MNI) and Tribune Company.
Parys

Knoxville, TN

#62 Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for holding all of this behind the back shit guys. It really shows you care... Now say something to my face.
Anonymous

Dillsburg, PA

#63 May 29, 2012
Well, when someone kills someone, that is what happens! Did he do it or not? If so, he is being punished, simple as that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Feb 20 sherrymcewen 69
News Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Feb '17 air max shoes 26
Let's reminisce! (Apr '10) Feb '17 D from Maitland 340
Bar flys and street girls Jan '17 Matt Houser 1
News Harry J. - Punk' Smith Jr. Jan '17 Eileen Biddle 1
News Home healthcare nurse giving injection to senio... Dec '16 Kenneth Lerch 1
Cable out Dec '16 Rlgood 1

Lewistown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewistown Mortgages