Dillsburg-area man charged in Mifflin County murder

A Dillsburg-area man has been charged in the murder of a 46-year-old Mifflin County man, state police at Lewistown said. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
boozehound

Woodland Hills, CA

#2 Aug 3, 2010
This is what happens when two dumbasses collide.

Since: Aug 08

York, PA

#3 Aug 3, 2010
i can't believe artie donovan would kill someone.
King of all Blacks

York, PA

#4 Aug 3, 2010
Let this be a lesson, you don't take pepper spray to a gun fight>

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#5 Aug 3, 2010
brother lo wrote:
i can't believe artie donovan would kill someone.
lol
Mr Mystery

Lancaster, PA

#6 Aug 3, 2010
That is my grandpa! Do not dis him please. Darren was an a**hole, but he didn't deserve what he got! I talked to Chuck (trimmer) and he said that he accidentally shot him.
Please don't make fun of him.
karasu

Richland, WA

#7 Aug 3, 2010
Mr Mystery wrote:
That is my grandpa! Do not dis him please. Darren was an a**hole, but he didn't deserve what he got! I talked to Chuck (trimmer) and he said that he accidentally shot him.
Please don't make fun of him.
"Accidentally shot him" WTF? Oh, I get it: he was cleaning his shotgun and .. No, wait! He was trying to unload the shotgun when it ... No, wait, wait! He was using the shotgun as a back scratcher, and the trigger got caught in his ponytail, so ... No, no, I got it, I got it! He was carrying a loaded shotgun planning to demonstrate his peaceful intent to his angry neighbor by symbolically unloading it and ... no, no! he wasn't unloading it, he was going to fire it into the air to celebrate reaching agreement with his neighbor ... there, that's it! That's his story and he's sticking to it!
insider

York, PA

#8 Aug 3, 2010
a wes kahley lookalike
Morbid Child

Bradford, PA

#9 Aug 3, 2010
You are aware that your grandfather is probably going to prison for this, right? And, to york city, I resent the trailer trash comment. Not everyone who lives out here is such, so don't be so biased. I'm glad I slept through the whole event.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Aug 3, 2010
And I think he looks more like Artie than Wes, just saying.
Buck Jackson

New York, NY

#11 Aug 3, 2010
"Woodward said he didn't know Trimmer. He said his one-time dealing with him was when he was looking for his dog, and Trimmer told him he couldn't go on his property to search."

Trimmer sounds like a real douche in addition to being a murderer.
Rush To Judgement

Lancaster, PA

#12 Aug 3, 2010
If I were holding a shotgun and someone were to spray me with pepper spray and attempt to grab that shotgun from me it could possibly be discharged unintentionally during that struggle. I wouldn't be so quick to identify this as a "murder". We also do not know if the "victim" had another weapon besides the pepper spray.
These two cranky old men wandering their property lines armed with a shotgun and pepper spray and who knows what else were undoubtedly both responsible for this idiocy. Property disputes belong in the courts.
Geez

York, PA

#13 Aug 3, 2010
He doesn't look like a murderer. He has very kind eyes. I don't think he did it intentionally. For some reason, I actually feel kind of bad for him.
york city

York, PA

#14 Aug 3, 2010
poor whites in rural Louisiana, PA, Mississippi, Ark etc all look like zombies from a horror movie. You guys are the lowest form of human life in this country.
ex Yorker

Lake Worth, FL

#15 Aug 3, 2010
sThey certainly look like the folks for PA. Dum and Dumber. Like the post above said, lowest form of life in this country.
oh yeah

York, PA

#16 Aug 3, 2010
That's where I had heard of this guy before! He's the bitter old PA guy that made so much news a couple of years ago for clinging to his guns.
JTW

Cockeysville, MD

#17 Aug 3, 2010
OK, so why did he have a shotgun with him while operating a backhoe ? Sounds like he was looking for (or at least prepared for) a fight.

And as was said above, don't bring pepper spray to a gun fight.
AverageGuy

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Aug 3, 2010
I wonder why Lewistown Resident hasn't posted on this thread.......
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#20 Aug 3, 2010
AverageGuy wrote:
I wonder why Lewistown Resident hasn't posted on this thread.......
While you're wondering, did you ever give it a thought of how different the people are in the York , Dillsburg area when it comes to death compared to Mifflin County..
AverageGuy

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Aug 3, 2010
Lewistown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
While you're wondering, did you ever give it a thought of how different the people are in the York , Dillsburg area when it comes to death compared to Mifflin County..
Not really, I was thinking you were either dead or in jail.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#22 Aug 3, 2010

If a person dies here in Mifflin County they want to give them a crown even thought they could be the worse person on earth, I guess they think the person will come back and haunt them . It doesn't sound like it works that way in the York,Dillsburg area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewistown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Cocker Spaniel Stud to breed with m... (Apr '09) Feb 26 aprihoda 32
Nancy Schrum to run for District Attorney Feb 26 Sandman2000 19
2015, a big election year in Mifflin County Feb 21 Mp shield 13
Arson charges filed in camp blaze Feb 21 silly rabbit 1
Nike Free 3.0 v2 Running Shoe Cheap Nike Free 3... Feb 14 Cheap Nike Free s... 1
Four charged with animal cruelty for dropping p... (May '13) Feb 12 thenmall01 13
lewistown police dept needs cleaned up again Feb 10 mooreismore 5
Lewistown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewistown People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
NFL Free Agents 2015: Latest Rumors and Predictions Ahead of Market's Opening