Tri-Township Ambulance board reprimands, suspends Baum

Posted in the Lewiston Forum

whathappenedtoda n

United States

#1 Mar 27, 2008
Tri-Township Ambulance board reprimands, suspends Baum
- by Yvonne Swager
The new president of the Tri-Township Ambulance Board wasted no time in trying to terminate Doug Baum as an employee of the service.

Bonnie Flynn was elected president at the meeting March 19, replacing Thom Seymour, who stepped down, and she made three motions to reprimand Baum and one to terminate him immediately.

Flynn withdrew her motion to reprimand Baum for not being in an ambulance or at the station while on-call, because she was unable to produce an alleged employee letter of concern regarding the issue. Another motion by Flynn to reprimand Baum for removing and sharing confidential records was tabled pending further investigation.

"I think this bears follow up and should be brought back before us," said new member Mike Teets.

A third motion to reprimand Baum for allowing unauthorized personnel in an ambulance during transport did pass with Teets voting no.

"Iím going to have to vote against it," he said. "I donít have anything that says thatís a violation of policy."

Flynn said she was making the motions as a prelude to proposing Baumís ambulance employment be terminated. All other board members voted against ending his employment, however, a motion to suspend employment for at least 30 days and prohibit Baumís entering the service as an employee passed despite a dissenting vote by Tom Beatty.

"I would recommend the individual so named not be scheduled for any service until such time when these things can be checked out," Teets said.

Beau Williams, also new to the board, agreed saying the allegations in the failed motions should not be dismissed but should be investigated quickly.

"If we had the proof in hand, theyíre serious accusations, but we donít have the proof," Williams said.

In a later interview, Baum indicated the allegations were the result of the influence of individuals with personal agendas.

"I feel this is a politically motivated witch hunt," Baum said. "As far as the individual allegations, I canít comment right now. But, when I can, I will."
Mind Games

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2008
I believe the Montmorency County Tribune/Alpena News said Sherriff Baum was terminated by Tri-township ambulance but does Mr. Baum win his federal lawsuit because hes a cop or does the federal court make an example of him for that same reason?
Conservative Thinker

United States

#3 Jul 16, 2008
Mind Games I would hope a badge wouldn't be a get out of trouble trumpcard.If any normal person on the ambulance or in the town had those accusations it would likely catch up with them but with a badge I wonder if its like insect repellent(but only to repel the truth).
not so liberal

United States

#4 Jul 17, 2008
the truth will set you free
nameless

United States

#5 Jul 21, 2008
There's alot more going on over there than what people know. You have to know both sides before you judge. By the way, one of the tri town amb. board members is running for sheriff. Funny thing election years. Mud seems to be flying.
THE QUESTIONAIRE

United States

#6 Aug 12, 2008
yes and I heard Mr. Baum got a job with lewiston EMS after being terminated by Tri-township (because of accusations against him)shouldn't they fear that he might do what Tri alleges he did in Lewiston when he gets cozy?
Lewiston Girl

United States

#7 Aug 15, 2008
THE QUESTIONAIRE wrote:
yes and I heard Mr. Baum got a job with lewiston EMS after being terminated by Tri-township (because of accusations against him)shouldn't they fear that he might do what Tri alleges he did in Lewiston when he gets cozy?
Well THANK GOD IT'S DOUG WORKING & NOT DANNY, sure would hate to have my life in his hands!
The Quest For The Truth

Gaylord, MI

#8 Oct 18, 2008
I think I would trust Danny with my life more than Doug.

“stupid ppl”

Since: Oct 08

lewiston

#9 Oct 19, 2008
ok i think everyone needs to grow up. come on do u have nothing better to do than bad mouth ppl like danny or doug, get over it we are adults here or so i thought. man feels like were in highschool again. if u disagree or dont have the facts strait then keep ur mouth shut. all your doing is causing problems for yourself.
brian carroll

Atlanta, MI

#10 Nov 12, 2008
well i am a emt in lewiston and doug is a very good medic and we are lucky to have him and huh no problems here none o not a one don't know what happen in atlanta but its not happening here
unknown

Sterling Heights, MI

#11 Dec 8, 2008
brian carroll wrote:
well i am a emt in lewiston and doug is a very good medic and we are lucky to have him and huh no problems here none o not a one don't know what happen in atlanta but its not happening here
im not saying doug is a bad medic, or anything bout danny. all im saying is we are all adults. why does everyone have to get into doug and dannys bussiness. doesnt everyone have enought probs in there lives that we have to get into everyone elses. its one thing to defend someone but another to say stuff horribly bout the other person involved. thats all im saying
unknown

Sterling Heights, MI

#12 Dec 8, 2008
im not saying there is anything wrong with doug as a medic or anything like that. im saying is why does everyone feel it necassary to get into there bussiness like everyone has. come on there grown men and can handle there probs on there own. they dont need someone trying to be mommy or daddy to help them out. ppl just need to know that its there lives and stay out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewiston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Cell Towers. 10 hr LYC001 1
Gay/bi South African WhatsApp numbers 10 hr Stiffmiester 5
gay bbm or whatsapp Johannesburg 13 hr warren 6
0737593863 WOMENS ABORTION CLINIC IN LADYSMITH ... 17 hr Anne 2
nnyo (Jun '14) Mar 3 phetole 9
Montmorency sheriffs dept & court system is A j... Mar 1 harmony Jobe 12
assessed property article, Tribune Mar 1 IJFinsterwaldIII 13
Lewiston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web