Remembering Rachel Grindal

Remembering Rachel Grindal

There are 2 comments on the Village Soup story from May 2, 2009, titled Remembering Rachel Grindal. In it, Village Soup reports that:

WALDOBORO : Friends and loved ones of Rachel Elizabeth Grindal remember her as a hardworking mother who dreamed of one day opening an art gallery in downtown Damariscotta.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Village Soup.

labrat

Lewiston, ME

#1 May 11, 2009
This was such a sad and horrific experience for all of us in Mid Coast Maine. I can't stop thinking about it.....just thinking about her in that van, wondering why she was being killed, knowing she was dying....and having no way to defend herself. It sickens me to the core.

Although Rachel was a lesbian, this wasn't a hate crime....which in a weird way I am thankful for, because that would make it that much harder to bare. Although hers was a senseless death, at least hatred wasnt part of the equation: EVIL and drug addiction (on the part of the perpetrators) was.
Alyssa

Silverdale, WA

#2 Aug 25, 2013
I can't believe it's been four years since this happened already. I know this post is old but I was just thinking about her today. I went to preschool and jr high with her. Such a tragic and violent thing to have happen ;(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewiston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News College Student Starts Business Recycling Dorm ... May 2 Parden Pard 6
News Ted Cruz pulls off surprise win in Maine GOP ca... Mar '16 longtail 1
News Sweet Dreams, Mr. Heroin (Nov '14) Feb '16 seanronan 3
News Man, 47, accused in abuse of teen Rocky Crowley... (Nov '07) Feb '16 disgusted 38
News Feds award Maine $610,000 to boost rural economy Feb '16 davy 2
Jillian R. Smith, CRNA (Jun '11) Jan '16 zeb smith 2
News Two new charter schools tentatively approved in... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Mac TheNight 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewiston Mortgages