Carbon monoxide detectors save lives

Carbon monoxide detectors save lives

There are 2 comments on the KLEW-TV Lewiston story from Dec 15, 2009, titled Carbon monoxide detectors save lives. In it, KLEW-TV Lewiston reports that:

Every year people in this area die of carbon monoxide poisoning. Most recently an elderly Slate Creek couple was found dead at their home, victims of CO poisoning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLEW-TV Lewiston.

Harry Sahlin

Tampa, FL

#1 Jan 9, 2010
This is preventable! Why can't fire departments pass out detectors to those most likely in their area to need CO badges or detectors?
Elderly and poor that rely on wood burning and un-vented space heaters are most at risk!
dancing Snowflake

Walla Walla, WA

#2 Jan 11, 2010
yes i certainly agree , they do pass them out at least fire alarms that i know of here in WallaWalla Wa. i suppose it has to do with funding, i am sure there are people willing to donate them , as well as larger co. such as homedepot etc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewiston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Imogene Goudy (Apr '10) Jan '16 Brenda Goudy 2
Review: Ziggy's Building Materials Dec '15 David 1
News Dworshak Dam wins 'potentially unsafe' rating (Jan '09) Dec '15 friend of dion 49
News N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case (Feb '09) Nov '15 A Friend 731
News LPD officer had no choice but to defend himself... Nov '15 Citizen 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) Aug '15 Mister22 9
Review: Changepoint (Jul '15) Jul '15 mamacita 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewiston Mortgages