Lewiston Main St. is a ghost town

Lewiston Main St. is a ghost town

Posted in the Lewiston Forum

Cottonwood, AZ

#1 Oct 31, 2011
I don't understand Lewiston at all. I just moved here this summer and while Main Street looks like a great place to hang out.. it isn't!!

I moved here from out of state and have NEVER saw a town/city that shuts down at 5/6pm every single day. Main Street has nothing but mom&pop stores that sell nothing but nick-nacks, appliance stores that sell TV's that were out of date ages ago and even IF there was one you'd be interested in shopping in.... it's closed by 5pm AND on the weekends.

The only place worth visiting is Main Street Grill. Good food and decent hours. Even Hogans (in Clarkston) is great, but they're closed on Sundays, which also dumbfounds me as I always thought Sunday was part of a weekend. I like to go out and do things that day.

I've just found myself really pi$$ed off that most business shut down early during the week and I wonder how the people who have lived here for a while even have a chance to do anything??
Moxie Salon. Great place to get a hair cut!! If you have a job? Not so much. You're stuck to Saturdays and THATS it, because I really don't see many taking off work just to get their hair done.... and it seems thats the way it is for everything.

Me and my significant other wanted to get a dog. He had to leave work early just so we could make it to the animal shelter before they closed at 5pm.

How to the businesses even stay open or how much money do they actually make? Especially those pointless stores on Main Street?! Do we really need a store specifically for stained glass? LOL

I love Lewiston, but this really really REALLY makes me miss the big city, where you can get off work and decide to go down to a great downtown area and hang out, get drinks, have food, shop around because nothing closes til 8 or 9pm. Its really nice during the summer and it was really shocking to see how boring Main is here.
MakeSense

Columbia, SC

#2 Dec 26, 2011
Newbie wrote:
I don't understand Lewiston at all. I just moved here this summer and while Main Street looks like a great place to hang out.. it isn't!!
I moved here from out of state and have NEVER saw a town/city that shuts down at 5/6pm every single day. Main Street has nothing but mom&pop stores that sell nothing but nick-nacks, appliance stores that sell TV's that were out of date ages ago and even IF there was one you'd be interested in shopping in.... it's closed by 5pm AND on the weekends.
The only place worth visiting is Main Street Grill. Good food and decent hours. Even Hogans (in Clarkston) is great, but they're closed on Sundays, which also dumbfounds me as I always thought Sunday was part of a weekend. I like to go out and do things that day.
I've just found myself really pi$$ed off that most business shut down early during the week and I wonder how the people who have lived here for a while even have a chance to do anything??
Moxie Salon. Great place to get a hair cut!! If you have a job? Not so much. You're stuck to Saturdays and THATS it, because I really don't see many taking off work just to get their hair done.... and it seems thats the way it is for everything.
Me and my significant other wanted to get a dog. He had to leave work early just so we could make it to the animal shelter before they closed at 5pm.
How to the businesses even stay open or how much money do they actually make? Especially those pointless stores on Main Street?! Do we really need a store specifically for stained glass? LOL
I love Lewiston, but this really really REALLY makes me miss the big city, where you can get off work and decide to go down to a great downtown area and hang out, get drinks, have food, shop around because nothing closes til 8 or 9pm. Its really nice during the summer and it was really shocking to see how boring Main is here.
Go back to Modesto A$$ wipe

Cottonwood, AZ

#3 Jan 2, 2012
No idea where Modesto is.*shrugs*
Cool Guy

Lewiston, ID

#4 Feb 21, 2012
I know exactly what you are talking about. Its even worse for me, an underage college student because I can't go to a bar and have a drink. I drove downtown on Saturday at about 4pm and found almost no one walking around, it was eerie. This is a pretty weird town in general but I have no idea how people keep sane when there is nothing to do here.
Jessica lynn

Georgetown, TX

#5 Feb 29, 2012
I am going to be moving to either Cottonwood or Grangeville with my family this summer and I can't wait to be back in a small town but I am having a hard time finding anywhere to rent. Any ideas?
tam

United States

#6 Mar 21, 2012
I LOVE downtown Lewiston. I moved here in January from Billings, MT. I grew up in a tiny town of 1700 people, and everything except a couple places shut down between 5-6pm. It can be tough and odd. Only the shops shut down, though. Some restaurants and bars are open, so that is something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewiston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Imogene Goudy (Apr '10) Aug 20 Ramsey 3
Review: Ziggy's Building Materials (Dec '15) Jul '16 2all 2
News N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case (Feb '09) Jul '16 2all 737
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) Jun '16 spoon 10
Lapwai Strugz (Apr '09) Apr '16 LITTLEFOOT ELLENWOOD 3
News Dworshak Dam wins 'potentially unsafe' rating (Jan '09) Dec '15 friend of dion 49
News LPD officer had no choice but to defend himself... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Citizen 1

Lewiston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewiston Mortgages