N. Idaho authorities not ready to dro...

N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case

There are 749 comments on the KGW-TV Portland story from Feb 16, 2009, titled N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case. In it, KGW-TV Portland reports that:

Kristin David disappeared in June 1981 while riding her bicycle from Moscow to Clarkston, and about a week later the dismembered body of the 22-year-old University of Idaho student was found in the Snake River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGW-TV Portland.

kline

Boise, ID

#652 Apr 2, 2013
CrescentCrow wrote:
Kline give me a call when you can. I will be in Idaho in June to help with the search.
Will do.
Looking forward to seing you and I will be there to help with the search no matter what.

Since: Aug 09

Trout Lake, WA

#653 Apr 2, 2013
tantalus

Honolulu, HI

#655 May 17, 2013
just checking in to see if there has been any updates to the case. I wish for everyone involved some definitive finding during the search. And then I hope there is something that can be done that will create closure. Maybe a trial?
tantalus

Honolulu, HI

#656 May 17, 2013
argh, sorry to see the search has been delayed. I truly do turn here for information, not Facebook.

Trout Lake, WA

#657 May 21, 2013
tantalus wrote:
argh, sorry to see the search has been delayed. I truly do turn here for information, not Facebook.
Yes the search had to be canceled due to heat and rattlesnakes. We hope to search in September.

Any new information that we can give to the public I usually post on the facebook site. I can post photos and other cases in the North Carolina area where Voss lives now.

Trout Lake, WA

#658 Jun 1, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Theories establish motive but require more time than I think the POI had. Theory #1 works but does not line up with other profiles. Killers who return to dumpsites to relive their crimes pick more private areas (Ted Bundy used old logging roads in remote areas.) The bodies were next to the road out in the open where any movement could be seen.
Theory #2 would be convincing but POI would have messed up somewhere in that process and physical evidence would be there to prove it. I also believe POI would have gotten rid of the clarinet and planned a better alibi that didn't place him at the actual scene.
Curious would you like to post more theories it has been a few years. You asked in previous posts if I had looked at the methods of other serial killers, that it might help. Blending with other cases seems to have worked for the POI and since you know the POI let him know I found his virtual shrine.
kline

Boise, ID

#659 Jun 24, 2013
CrescentCrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the search had to be canceled due to heat and rattlesnakes. We hope to search in September.
Any new information that we can give to the public I usually post on the facebook site. I can post photos and other cases in the North Carolina area where Voss lives now.
lol!
Well as you know we certainly wont have to worry about Heat and Rattlesnakes in September here in Idaho!
Seriously,looking forward to seeing you Crescent...and the search...one nice thing is in September alot of the undergrowth that is so thick right now will have dried out and thinned a bit.
Hope you and yours are well talk to you soon!

Trout Lake, WA

#660 Jul 7, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/matthews-nc/T...

Just to make your neighbors aware.

Trout Lake, WA

#661 Sep 7, 2013
Flowers are so subtle.
tantalus

Honolulu, HI

#662 Sep 10, 2013
good morning- could you tell me what the update is on the news that was hinted at earlier this summer? I don't see any postings or references.
tantalus

Honolulu, HI

#663 Sep 17, 2013
Hello- I am wondering about any updates- either the big news hinted at or a search? I have checked the facebook page and don't see any substantial updates - did I miss the reveal?

Trout Lake, WA

#664 Sep 17, 2013
There will not be a search, however there will be an area checked and a decision will be made at that point. There are no new updates yet.
tantalus

Honolulu, HI

#665 Oct 16, 2013
Hi- I keep checking the FB page- but there is still no update as of yet...when do you anticipate approval to post?(sorry, cant post on FB)

Trout Lake, WA

#666 Oct 19, 2013
tantalus wrote:
Hi- I keep checking the FB page- but there is still no update as of yet...when do you anticipate approval to post?(sorry, cant post on FB)
No updates at least until early spring, but we will keep posting information as we can on the facebook page. We can be privately messaged through that page if you can't post.

Trout Lake, WA

#667 Nov 3, 2013

Trout Lake, WA

#668 Dec 1, 2013
I am looking for information on Lance Voss when he was growing up in the Chicago area, South Side, Cook County. His mother's name was Jane Olive Voss, his father was Frank Theodore Voss. He was into motorcycle racing in his teens. I can be contacted by private e-mail the Lewis-Clark Valley Serial Killer facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Clark-Va...
Big Bear

Coeur D Alene, ID

#669 Dec 28, 2013
CrescentCrow wrote:
Ditto aka Lisa Stewart I do not appreciate you slandering my name. I have been in contact with law enforcement and the axe you have to grind with me is due to the fact I will not give you any information. I will not violate the trust of law enforcement to satisfy your nosey unethical personal needs. You have been banned from sites, slapped with restraining orders from the families of victims, charged with assaults and found guilty of a DUI, I hardly think anyone would trust you with anything. So back off, go lay on your rug and leave the families of victims alone.
I dealt with Lisa on the Facebook page and she seemed convinced that Voss was involved with a murder in Coeur d'Alene. The suspect looked a bit like a younger Voss, but he was described as being average height while Voss is tall.

She kept trying to convince me Voss could somehow look shorter since he was an actor. Then she started playing "he said, she said" talking smack about other forum posters. I thought was weird and didn't respond and she unfriended me.

I think there may be a link between the LC Valley murders and three disappearances in CDA/Spokane about five years later.

Eagle Point, OR

#670 Jan 11, 2014
Big Bear wrote:
<quoted text>
I dealt with Lisa on the Facebook page and she seemed convinced that Voss was involved with a murder in Coeur d'Alene. The suspect looked a bit like a younger Voss, but he was described as being average height while Voss is tall.
She kept trying to convince me Voss could somehow look shorter since he was an actor. Then she started playing "he said, she said" talking smack about other forum posters. I thought was weird and didn't respond and she unfriended me.
I think there may be a link between the LC Valley murders and three disappearances in CDA/Spokane about five years later.
What are the names of the three missing people ?
Good Cop

Pendleton, OR

#671 Jan 14, 2014
Has there been any new developments on the case?

Eagle Point, OR

#672 Jan 29, 2014
Jimmy Hall wrote:
<quoted text>
No disrespect JS, but I wasn't really looking for a police-released photo. I figured, in this day and age, most ppl have a pic on the web with or without their consent. A google image search revealed a couple of men by his name. Can anyone (by anyone I mean former friends, acquaintances, etc.)confirm any of these pics are of Mr. Voss.
There are pictures of him on this Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lewis-Clark-Va...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewiston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Michelle's Car Service (Sep '13) Oct '17 rshay 3
Footsie at a library (Apr '17) Sep '17 2all 2
News Dworshak Dam wins 'potentially unsafe' rating (Jan '09) May '17 Nez Perce County ... 50
Lapwai Strugz (Apr '09) Mar '17 Grmstrs 5
News Lewiston theft suspect tries to escape from pol... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
Looking for Imogene Goudy (Apr '10) Aug '16 Ramsey 3
Review: Ziggy's Building Materials (Dec '15) Jul '16 2all 2

Lewiston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewiston Mortgages