N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case

Feb 16, 2009 Full story: KGW-TV Portland 713

Kristin David disappeared in June 1981 while riding her bicycle from Moscow to Clarkston, and about a week later the dismembered body of the 22-year-old University of Idaho student was found in the Snake River.

Full Story
scrubbers72

United States

#612 Jan 10, 2013
I'm not arguing and I didn't say the guy disappeared and couldn't be tracked down. The story was, the cleaning crew at the Sacajawea lodge, came across a bloodied room, the owner and the crew thought, a poacher had used to room to butcher a deer. They gutted the room . Kristen's body hadn't been found, and when police did go to the hotel sometime later it had even been repainted. You have the law enforcement connections, you tell me? The Sacajawea lodge wasn't a 5 star hotel, it was one of many dives..any teenager could rent for a party.
kline wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah,ive ran into a couple of folks who wanted to argue with me that the site of Kristen David's death was definitly established but somehow the guy disappeared and couldnt be tracked down.
As I recall even in the 80's you had to show some I.D and often have the clerk write down your plate number to rent a room.
But apparently some still believe this.

Since: Aug 09

Crescent City, CA

#613 Jan 12, 2013
Dleit

United States

#614 Jan 13, 2013
Idaho Spud,

By now I'm sure you have learned the name of the suspect. I follow a group on Facebook called LC Valley Serial Killer and they post lots of interesting infomation about him and the trail of missing women that follow him. From California in the 70's, LC Valley in the 80's and most recently North Carolina. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out.
I'd join a search party. This guy needs put away.

Crescent City, CA

#615 Jan 13, 2013
Dleit wrote:
Idaho Spud,
By now I'm sure you have learned the name of the suspect. I follow a group on Facebook called LC Valley Serial Killer and they post lots of interesting infomation about him and the trail of missing women that follow him. From California in the 70's, LC Valley in the 80's and most recently North Carolina. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out.
I am a family member and Idaho Spud along with another researcher put together the Facebook page and the above link. We put these sites together to make the public aware of these cases, to perhaps get tips that would help and to keep these cases from going cold again. There is also a documentary on the five cases
https://www.facebook.com/confluencedoc...

Thank you for offering to help with the search we will be posting a date of the search soon.

Crescent City, CA

#616 Jan 20, 2013
Voss I was sure you would notice Crow.

Crescent City, CA

#617 Feb 25, 2013
Look at your shrine Voss, you should see a Crow.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#618 Mar 15, 2013
Eddie Rand wrote:
Murder victim’s family wants Civic Theatre floor examined
Story Published: May 28, 2009 at 8:13 AM PDT
Story Updated: May 28, 2009 at 8:13 AM PDT
By Stephanie Smith Watch the video LEWISTON - One woman's passion to solve local cold cases brought together victims’ families of the so-called Lewiston serial killer for the first time over the weekend.
Clarkston's Eddie Rand runs a website: http://missing87975.yuku.com , about unsolved Northwest cases. Much of the posts revolve around several murders in the L-C Valley between 1979 and 1982, victims of a suspected serial killer.
"The police believe there is one common suspect for all of these cases," said Rand.
And it's this connection that brought the families of Kristina Nelson, Steven Pearsall and Christine White together.
21-year-old Kristina Nelson and 18-year-old Brandy Miller disappeared along with Steven Pearsall from the Lewiston Civic Theatre in 1982. Rand said Nelson and Miller went together to the theater to pick up Nelson's laundry. Steven Pearsall also reportedly was at the theatre, where he worked, also doing laundry in the basement.
The three were never seen alive again.
Over a year later, the bodies of Nelson and Miller were found in Kendrick. But Pearsall's body was never found and his family doesn't think he ever left the theater.
"His son may be buried under the dirt floor in the basement of the Civic Theatre," said Rand. "It had been dug up and there was fresh dirt leading up the stairs”
The family said their requests to check out their suspicions have been denied.
"We tried to get a search team in here, but the Civic Theatre wouldn't give him permission to come in," said Rand. "They denied it, saying they didn't want the negative publicity."
Nelson's cousin, Gloria Bobertz, said she wants the cases reopened and new forensic testing done. Especially on the rope that Nelson and Miller were found bound by, because the family suspects it's the same rope that was found at the Civic Theatre.
"The police, they are saying that they have one shot and one shot only at this case and I think that after 27 years, take the shot," said Bobertz. "There is circumstantial evidence and it might save another family grief."
Rand said the person they suspect is the killer lives on the East Coast now and works as a mail carrier.
"I do not want to convict a person who's innocent but I don't want a guilty person running the streets, especially with the nature and heinousness of these crimes that were committed here."
Rhonda Albright is Steven Pearsall's sister. She said her family needs closure.
"To finally find his remains and give him a decent memorial, know where he is, for sure where he is and not have this constant wonder,‘where is he?,’" said Albright.
Rand said she talked to the Civic Theatre again Tuesday and hopes the request to allow a infrared search team into the basement will be granted by the LCT Board of Directors this fall.
http://www.klewtv.com/news/local/46137652.htm...
Why is it that Eddie Rand and Gloria Crow are always in the way of the investigation?
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#619 Mar 15, 2013
Nelson Family Member wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only say that as a distant family member the case of Kristina Nelson and the other two victims has haunted me my whole life. As a young child I remember the local authorities placing the family members under the radar. We were followed around town as we looked for any evidence that might have helped them solve the case. I am dissapointed that this case still has not been solved.....my heart aches!
Do you know who that distant relative may be sir?
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#620 Mar 15, 2013
ditto wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it that Eddie Rand and Gloria Crow are always in the way of the investigation?You just answered my question.EXACTLY what I expected.Thank you so much.
You answered the question I did not ask.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#621 Mar 15, 2013
Gloria Crow doesn't want anyone to come forward with information.She slams the door on them.She is the distant relative that was investigated.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#622 Mar 15, 2013
Dleit wrote:
Idaho Spud,
unfortunately that page does not want an arrest made.They have hindered from the beginning.Ms.Gloria has something to hide.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#623 Mar 15, 2013
Crescentcrow wrote:
I can also be contacted at this facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php... #!/pages/Lewis-Clark-Valley-Se rial-Killer/114474928700952
Please assure your brother that I will not mention his name, it wll remain confidential.
Do not trust Gloria.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#624 Mar 15, 2013
Waltonny wrote:
Hi, I was following the Lewis Clark serial killer Facebook page and now I can't find it on my page. I'm wondering if it is still active, I know some people got blocked who didn't have an age on their Facebook. Any idea of why or how I can reconnect? Thanks
Gloria blocks who she chooses to block.Especially when they have information about the case.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#625 Mar 15, 2013
Whenever people learn to move away from Gloria Crow,we may get an arrest.Hopefully we get an arrest anyway.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#626 Mar 15, 2013
Gloria is CRESENT CROW.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#627 Mar 15, 2013
Crescentcrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Contact Jackie Nichols with the Asotin Sheriff Dept. Lance Voss is 6'5", brown hair, bushy moustache. I should say that is what he looked like then.
His hair is NOT brown anymore.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#628 Mar 15, 2013
Crescentcrow wrote:
Everything that I have heard about Steven has been that he was a gentle soul. He deserves to be found and bring some closure to his family.
We have to keep hoping that information will come in that will help bring Voss in.Tell the truth Gloria...just for a change...tell what you are hiding.
Tell the truth Gloria.Tell everyone what you have been hiding all these years.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#629 Mar 15, 2013
LC valley resident wrote:
Crescent Crow -
I have been a resident of the LC valley since 1994. Until yesterday, all I knew of these murders was what I had read in the newspaper over the years. Yesterday I was researching the (unrelated and solved) murder twenty years ago of a young woman whose remains were found on property we owned elsewhere in the state, and I came across this thread. I am amazed at what you have accomplished. In reading the thread, I noticed a couple of things that I would like to mention to you in case you hadn't noticed them. Also, intrigued, today I drove to the domed houses and to the house in Asotin from which the young girl disappeared in 1979. I tried to imagine what the POI would have done once he had the opportunity to muder this young girl. I have some thoughts on that, as well, if you are interested.
I do not wish to share this on this thread, so if you could provide me with an e-mail or private place to chat, I'd be happy to share my thoughts, if you are interested. I will give you the information you need to identify me and verify that I am not a nut.
Please go to the authorities with the information.NOT Cresentcrow.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#630 Mar 15, 2013
brokenheart wrote:
I DID NOT REALIZE all these years others were as outraged as I am...I am Brandi Millers mother, and Kristi's stepmother. Yes my heart goes out to all the other families too. I recieved emails on classmate.com this very evening, regarding this.
Is the suspect an Architec? if so I knew about him when this happened, but police cleared him.
When I tried to have more done on this case, my remaing family recieved verbal threats. Becareful
not to stir too hard or step on toes, and Mabell, I did try to get some sort of justice for my daughters, and was told to back off! "Unsolved Mysteries" was told to back off also. This seems to be a person with some pull some place.
Get Cresentcrow out of the way of the investigation.Gloria is hiding the truth.
ditto

Tacoma, WA

#631 Mar 15, 2013
CrescentCrow wrote:
I hope that you contact me. I am not the judge and jury, I am a family member that wants justice.
chit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewiston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewiston passes law protecting gays, lesbians Oct '14 Xstain Mullah Aroma 15
Cold case from 32-years ago continues with body... Aug '14 confused 2
Review: Ernies Steakhouse Jun '14 quilcene 1
City council votes in favor of buying Port of L... (Mar '14) Mar '14 oldhdrider 1
Review: Michelle's Car Service (Sep '13) Feb '14 Stacy 2
Jason Katz (Jan '14) Jan '14 Interested 1
Review: Coffee And Tea For You (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rick Washburn 1
Lewiston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Lewiston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Lewiston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Lewiston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]