N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case

Feb 16, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KGW-TV Portland

Kristin David disappeared in June 1981 while riding her bicycle from Moscow to Clarkston, and about a week later the dismembered body of the 22-year-old University of Idaho student was found in the Snake River.

Comments (Page 20)

Showing posts 381 - 400 of675
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Idaho Wilderness”

Since: Apr 07

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

shelley catron wrote:
i knew the suspect and trusted him with my life on many occasions,he was a dedicated freind and an excellent musician.....maybe the authorities should go back to looking for the janitor/first chair clarinet player as he is the one that disappeared not lance....lance although he had his rough edge looks was a human being not a serial killer and those of us that actually knew him have exonerated him for the person he is and the way he loves life
Voss has NO alibi and NO ONE has seen Steve Pearsall
since he entered the Civic Theatre the night he disappeared. Just how does one get 2 bodies to Kendrick which is about 25 miles without a vehicle?

Please explain how Steve Pearsall would have accomplished that?
How was he able to go into hiding with NO money?
NO ONE has ever seen him since the night he entered the Civic Theatre- and was alone with Lance Voss!
Explain that one please. No sightings of Steve in over 27 years!

IF Steve were the killer, why didn't he murder Voss as well?

NO, Steve is dead, a victim of the same killer who murdered Kristina Nelson, Brandy Miller and Christine White. And probably Kristin David as well.

Voss refuses to give his DNA to clear himself. He won't cooperate with local authorities.
Doesn't quite pass the smell test.
Infact, it measures about a 10 on my bullshitometer!
Vosses whole story of that night is BS imo!

Since: Aug 09

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

Shelley Catron,

My name is Gloria Bobertz and I am Kristina Nelson's cousin. Steven Pearsall DID NOT KILL Kristina or Brandy. As Justice seeker pointed out how would Steven dump the bodies ? He didn't have a car so does this mean that he strappped them to his back and hitchhike to the Kendrick area ? Steven was a diabetic so he needed insulin or did he just keep his blood sugar in check with orange juice and Snicker Bars ?

I am aware of facts that I can not put out on the web and what I can say about your "friend" is that he has a side of him that he does not reveal to people. In my opinion a person that does not have anything to hide would do what ever it took to clear himself and corporate with authorities. I have made myself available to speak with him and I want to speak with him. I want to hear what he has to say. First hand information from him and he can't even do that. I can tell you that I will not quit searching for the answers that it will take to bring justice for Kristy and the other victims.

By the way Ted Bundy also had a charming personality, as do most sociopaths, they have to blend in with society.
DO IT FOR JOHN DAVID

Longview, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

To all of you who say, "I have information that might help but..." or "I don't want to say it yet but..." come on - either quit "talking" about it or put up the info. You can do it anonymously. For those that are suffering, please, JUST SPIT IT OUT and let law enforcement take a look. I mean come on, are we back in junior high or what??? These families have lost loved ones - everyone belongs to someone whether they be a brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle, cousin, whatever --- everyone belongs to someone. Do the right thing...

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

DO IT FOR JOHN DAVID wrote:
To all of you who say, "I have information that might help but..." or "I don't want to say it yet but..." come on - either quit "talking" about it or put up the info. You can do it anonymously. For those that are suffering, please, JUST SPIT IT OUT and let law enforcement take a look. I mean come on, are we back in junior high or what??? These families have lost loved ones - everyone belongs to someone whether they be a brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle, cousin, whatever --- everyone belongs to someone. Do the right thing...
I agree. I have posted my phone number, can be reached anomously by e-mail and can received mail by general delivery. I have recieved information, which has proven to be very helpful, that has been given to Law Enforcement. I also have kept true to my word of not giving out names of those people that gave me the information. I am convinced that there are people out there that know things that could help bring these cases closer to being solved. It is beyond my comprehension someone could keep this information to themselves. Imagine if this had been your child that had been butchered or if they never came home and you don't know what happened to them.
search for the missing

Winston Salem, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

shelley catron wrote:
i knew the suspect and trusted him with my life on many occasions,he was a dedicated freind and an excellent musician.....maybe the authorities should go back to looking for the janitor/first chair clarinet player as he is the one that disappeared not lance....lance although he had his rough edge looks was a human being not a serial killer and those of us that actually knew him have exonerated him for the person he is and the way he loves life
I assume that when you knew him that you were not between the ages of 12-22, small sized, sweet and inocent.Si in others words you did not fit the profile. Why do you not ask Voss where he dumped Steven's body so that he can be found.Lance did disappear did he not? He took off to the East Coast and did not let anyone know where he went right. Why not stay and clear his name? The innocent stay the guilty run.
kline

Orofino, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

shelley catron wrote:
Sadly you obviously did not know him.
Im sorry you and your friends were decieved by the mask he used when he wanted to relate to you.
Sociopaths are very gifted at reflecting values their beholders actually possess right back at them.
Those whose friendship and trust he gained under false pretenses are victims to a certain extent as well.But denial isnt healthy or helpful in this case.

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Well said Kline.

“Idaho Wilderness”

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2009

Merry Christmas to all!

“Idaho Wilderness”

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Insider wrote:
The girls weren't "dumped" but were placed in a specific manner. There was also evidence that someone had been back to visit the bodies several times.
They were found off of a road that was familiar with and travelled frequently as a delivery person.
This further exonerates Pearsall as a suspect (he did not have the means) and casts more suspicions on the POI.
I disagree about the girls NOT being dumped. Their murders were committed during the the night and the area where they were found would have been nearly impossible to navigate in the darkness.
I believe the time constraints coupled with the darkness show that the killer did return to the crime scene at least once to secure the site so that no one would spot the bodies from the road, however, I doubt he returned several times.

It sounds to me like the story has been exaggerated.
I know how difficult it would have been to scale the side of the embankment or climb back to the top.

The poster Curious stated in one of hir posts that the bodies were left in the open. That could have been true when they were originally pitched over the side of the embankment. However, they were NOT found in the open.

“Idaho Wilderness”

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2010

curious wrote:
<quoted text> I know the stepson nor the POI never had been in Steve's apartment. The stepson said the POI (when questioned the first time) had been told by police that Steve had a girlfriend that had dated him a month and had never been inside his apartment. He didn't invite people over. The POI relayed to the stepson that police said they had found some dark and bizarre drawings on the walls and laying around, but the stepson didn't know what they were of and no one ever showed them to him to my knowledge. The POI also told him the police were all freaked out about a photo Steve had taken of himself on the cross (from the set of "Jesus Christ Superstar"). Something about Steve intended to send it to his mother with a note that said "mom having a great time in Lewiston,miss you much". Police thought that was weird, but people that knew Steve said he didn't talk a lot but that when he did his sense of humor was known to shine. Don't know of any relevance to the case but that was the conversation the stepson heard in the music store on 6th street in Clarkston following the questioning.
Who actually took the photo of Steve on the cross? It would have been someone from the Civic Theatre since the cross was located inside of the Civic Theatre.
Steve obviously did not snap the photo himself.

The suspect knew about the photo which leads me to believe he took the photo or was there when it was shot because the police have never released any information about anything that was found in Steve's apartment. I don't believe the investigating officers would have told Voss anything since he was on the radar as a suspect.

And you cannot verify that Voss was never inside of Steve's apartment.
ASJ

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

Idaho spud wrote:
Come on locals, it's time we started speaking out about these murders. They are never going to be solved if we don't speak our outrage that Law Enforcement has hidden the identity of a serial killer from public view.
Do this for the victims and their families who have been kept in the dark for nearly 3 decades.
LANCE VOSS
ASJ

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

his name is lance voss
CrescentCrow

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

ASJ,
Do you know this man ?
CrescentCrow

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

I would like to know if anyone knows a biker that goes by the name "Wolf" or at least he did back in the 80's.

Also I am would like to speak to anyone who knew Brandy Miller, Kristy's step-sister.
Jimmy Hall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

I have young relatives that live in the Charlotte, NC area. I would like to show them a picture of Lance, so they avoid him! I hope they are practicing good safety habits, don't get me wrong, but I want them to avoid Lance at all costs. I am not saying he is guilty, but the circumstances are a little too creepy for my tastes!

“Idaho Wilderness”

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Jimmy Hall,
There has never been a photo of Voss released by the police. The North Carolina authorities are aware of Voss living in their area.
Sorry, we can't help out with a photo.
Even if we did have access to a photo we could not release it to the public.

It sucks, we know but that is the way it is because he is only a police suspect.

JS
CrescentCrow

Crescent City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

We have a physical description as 6'5" inches and around 200 lbs.
Jimmy Hall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Justice seeker wrote:
Jimmy Hall,
There has never been a photo of Voss released by the police. The North Carolina authorities are aware of Voss living in their area.
Sorry, we can't help out with a photo.
Even if we did have access to a photo we could not release it to the public.
It sucks, we know but that is the way it is because he is only a police suspect.
JS
No disrespect JS, but I wasn't really looking for a police-released photo. I figured, in this day and age, most ppl have a pic on the web with or without their consent. A google image search revealed a couple of men by his name. Can anyone (by anyone I mean former friends, acquaintances, etc.)confirm any of these pics are of Mr. Voss.

“Idaho Wilderness”

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

I have heard that photos of Voss may have been published in the Lewiston Tribune when he acted in plays as a cast member of the Lewiston Civic Theatre.
However, I seriously doubt he would look the same now. He's an old man now. And I use the word "man" loosely.

“Idaho Wilderness”

Lewiston, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Christine White's birthday is coming soon on March 3. It is sooo tragic that another birthday will come and go with no closure for her and her grieving family.
31 years is a very long time to wait and wonder what happened to your child.

If there is someone out there who knows the general area where she can be found, and I don't mean a hunch or a guess, but where she truely can be found, Please contact Jackie Nichols of the Asotin County Sheriffs Office and tell her or write an anonymous letter if you don't want to be traced, but please give this grieving mother back her little girl so she can at least be laid to rest properly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 381 - 400 of675
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lewiston Discussions

Search the Lewiston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
City council votes in favor of buying Port of L... Mar '14 oldhdrider 1
Review: Michelle's Car Service (Sep '13) Feb '14 Stacy 2
Jason Katz Jan '14 Interested 1
ID Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Idaho in ... (Oct '10) Dec '13 Keith 4
Review: Coffee And Tea For You Dec '13 Rick Washburn 1
Conservative 'MP2 Panel' Nov '13 angel 2
zoning codes (Oct '13) Oct '13 tracieolson1 1
•••
•••