Wonder Woman

United States

#144 Jan 8, 2013
You people disgust me. Honestly. A mentally unstable man, who was hell-bent on ending his own life, got what he wanted, and no INNOCENT people were harmed. What more do you want? It's tragic, but true. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. I find no fault in the actions law enforcement agents HAD to take, and I thank God this disturbed gunman didn't have the opportunity to take anybody with him. Prayers of comfort and peace to all those touched by this horrific happening.
Really

Ridgeview, WV

#145 Jan 8, 2013
So this is the story; THIS HAPPENED. & it was all ur fault cause you weren't there. Later on I heard THIS happened & it was all ur fault because YOU weren't there. Real story is some sad, angry dude who was not in his right mind got pulled on the exit ramp. Cops surrounded him, he confronted them, he got shot. END of story. Embellish it in any way you need to. 50 years later, story has been told.
& told again.
1 post removed
Look again

United States

#147 Jan 8, 2013
mikey wrote:
<quoted text>so that's what we do now rite were u there this was no more than murder say what u want I know both ppl she was an ex cop she makes 1phone call he had no chance when he parked that truck n got out ambush was on
He had a chance, a chance to not get out like a dumbass with a gun.
hey

Fredericksburg, VA

#148 Jan 8, 2013
Wonder Woman wrote:
You people disgust me. Honestly. A mentally unstable man, who was hell-bent on ending his own life, got what he wanted, and no INNOCENT people were harmed. What more do you want? It's tragic, but true. You can't save someone who doesn't want to be saved. I find no fault in the actions law enforcement agents HAD to take, and I thank God this disturbed gunman didn't have the opportunity to take anybody with him. Prayers of comfort and peace to all those touched by this horrific happening.
I feel bad for everyone that was involved. bad for everyone. my prayers.
Yoah

United States

#149 Jan 9, 2013
Whose the cops that were suspended til after investigation. And who is the guys girlfriend.
Non lethal force

United States

#150 Jan 9, 2013
Look again wrote:
<quoted text> He had a chance, a chance to not get out like a dumbass with a gun.
Surely out of all officers involved were any equipped with stun guns, bean bags, 12 gauge rubber slugs, or rubber bullets. A bean bag or rubber bullet to groin would have dropped him defenseless . Overwhelming firepower perhaps was the only choice at hand, I wonder if his weapon was loaded and functional. A sad day in Americas smallest Dodge City for all!
No thanks

United States

#151 Jan 9, 2013
Non lethal force wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely out of all officers involved were any equipped with stun guns, bean bags, 12 gauge rubber slugs, or rubber bullets. A bean bag or rubber bullet to groin would have dropped him defenseless . Overwhelming firepower perhaps was the only choice at hand, I wonder if his weapon was loaded and functional. A sad day in Americas smallest Dodge City for all!
He brought a real gun, so did the police. It was his decision to die that day, he sealed his fate.
Shoot to kill

United States

#152 Jan 9, 2013
No thanks wrote:
<quoted text> He brought a real gun, so did the police. It was his decision to die that day, he sealed his fate.
The decision for him to die that day rests with law enforcement entirely, 15 to 20 shots and victim fired 0 , if he wanted to die he could have shot himself!
whoisthewoman

Charleston, WV

#153 Jan 9, 2013
so who is the wife/gf that called the police??? did he really beat her up?
fago

United States

#154 Jan 9, 2013
Don't forget people that this man was dating an ex cop, the 911 tapes and the video from the traffic lites and cop cars should be released to the public after the investigation, if not you know that it was indeed an ambush/murder.
scooby

Lizemores, WV

#155 Jan 9, 2013
fago wrote:
Don't forget people that this man was dating an ex cop, the 911 tapes and the video from the traffic lites and cop cars should be released to the public after the investigation, if not you know that it was indeed an ambush/murder.
Yeah, right. Even an ex cop isn't going to get members from at least 3 different police departments plus the staff at the county 911 center and who knows who else to ambush someone and murder them on a busy highway, then cover up or destroy all the tapes and film. And put this in place in a matter of minuites? Get real. Some of you people watch WAY too much TV.
1 post removed
read this- cant see

Princeton, WV

#157 Jan 9, 2013
Jaynie wrote:
I'm sure everyone has heard or read the official report from the police officers...if not, this is from 59 News...
LEWISBURG -
What started out as a traffic stop, escalated to gun fire at the corner of North Jefferson Street and Coleman Drive on Monday, Jan. 7. That is near the Shoney's and Ruby Tuesday's restaurants near the on ramp to Interstate 64.
At 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 8, West Virginia State Police Sergeant Michael Baylous lead a news conference to release the details of what happened.
Police said it all began at a home in the west end of Lewisburg when a lover's quarrel crossed the line. Jimmy L. Hamlin Jr, a native of Kathleen, Ga. got into a heated argument with his girlfriend.
He took off in a red truck and that is when police were alerted to stop his vehicle. Little did they know the traffic stop would turn deadly. After pulling over Hamlin's vehicle, law enforcement officers noticed a rifle. Hamlin stepped out of his truck, rifle in hand, and threatened law enforcement officials.
"When we put on our uniform, we go out to serve and protect the public. This is the furthest thing to occur, we don't want anything to happen like this," said Sgt. Baylous.
Police said they had no other choice but to take action.
"We are dealing with a public safety issue here were a man brandished a weapon at officers in the middle of a busy highway and a busy time of day. So the threat had to be taken care of," Lewisburg Police Chief Tim Stover said.
Several shots erupted as officers and troopers opened fire, one of them killing Hamlin.
While the investigation is still on-going, Sgt. Baylous said they believe Hamlin may have been trying to commit "suicide by police officer." The term is used for anyone who deliberately acts in a threatening way to provoke a lethal reaction from law enforcement officers. Sgt. Baylous said that is a possible motive because Hamlin put the officers in a difficult situation leaving them no other choice but to use force.
"If he committed suicide by cop he wasted on of the most precious gifts of all and that is the gift of life," Sgt. Baylous said.
No can't see, I will repeat what the police said. Quote" Police said it began at a home in the WEST END OF LEWISBURG". Not the West End of the county in Sam Black area. If your going to try and post something "twice" please make sure you know what your talking about.
1 post removed
read this- cant see

Princeton, WV

#159 Jan 9, 2013
cant see wrote:
there were 4 bullet holes that could be seen in the truck and hard telling how many in the body, but the question remains what was the reported phone call? and this person must have been truly credible, considering ive seen the ultimate worst before this law enforcement would be moved,.....totally happy that they secured the area and no innocent bystandards were hurt by this ....some may need counceling due to the overkill, so sorry that this man would not or could not seek help for his problems, and sorry for the families effected by this, but make no bones about it many people heard many shots, more than 5 shots many are saying over 20...that was a danger in itself, riccochet, innocent persons nearby ect...and why in the world would he stop this truck near a bus?, strange nothing happened to this man on the west side but they surely stopped him on the east side, again dividing the county! sorry many topics could be brought from this single topic on topix!
I'll tell you what is strange, is how a narrow minded person can see this as another way to divide the county. And the funniest thing is is the man wasnt even on the Western Side. He was on the West side of Lewisburg!! lol "I'm sorry" that your nose is so far in the air that you can't even read or hear the breaking news. I'm also sorry that most-not all-of the people from the east end thinks they are better than the west end. It's people like you that divides the county. It's rediculous!!!!!
1 post removed
pleasetellmore

Charleston, WV

#161 Jan 9, 2013
i dont know this jennifer but what all has she done???? yeah i know im being nosy but so is most other people on topix.....
lmao

Lewisburg, WV

#162 Jan 9, 2013
I agree with fago, if they don't have anything to hide they will release those tapes!
yep

Nitro, WV

#163 Jan 9, 2013
Hello wrote:
His Girlfriend was Jennifer Eggleston.......need I say more?

hey she was a ronceverte city cop at one time ! no wonder ALL the cops went running up there !
1 post removed
imean

Charleston, WV

#165 Jan 9, 2013
from the sound of it shes pretty wild - what all has she done that way?????
WILD WILL

United States

#166 Jan 9, 2013
Tapes will vanish just like TIMs truck load of weed.
Dang Liberals

Princeton, WV

#167 Jan 9, 2013
Non lethal force wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn! Another Obama tree hugger! Betcha if he came at you with a gun you would shoot too! Oh, sorry! Bad, bad guns! They cause everything!
Dang Liberals

Princeton, WV

#168 Jan 9, 2013
Maybe when he pointed that gun at them, they could have killed him with kindness! They should of just walked up and gave him a great big hug and told them how sorry they was for stopping him in the first place!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
motel down from long john silvers 2 hr you are right 7
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr louege 4,207
Should we impeach trump 11 hr One Percenter 35
News VA cuts ribbon on new clinic in Greenbrier County 17 hr The Wheeze of Trump 17
Censorship Tue Censor This 1
The Majority Voice Party sounds real. Tue Censor 12
Broken heart from lies Mon Hem 6

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages