bad service at Food and Friends
Ashamed

United States

#21 Nov 12, 2012
There are other servers that do an exceptional job there. The food is always good. You get more bang for your buck with the choices of meals and the price, then most places. Be patient, because it does get busy there.
willywonka

Oakvale, WV

#22 Nov 12, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't want to say this, but I feel you are forcing me to. If you are actually concerned about the Food and Friends waitress ripping you off, you probably shouldn't be eating there in the first place. Sorry.
Sorry, but you can never be too careful, it has nothing to do with eating there or not eating there. Most wait staff at ANY resturant is not paid enough, they are expected to make their money from tips - and they probably don't get as much as they need from those either - it could make them more likely to be dishonest. Most people feel if they have to pay a lot for a meal, they shouldn't have to pay so much extra even for good service - they feel the employer should pay their employees JUST A LITTLE MORE. And don't come on with that s--t "you shouldn't be eating out if you can't afford it" everyone deserves a treat once in awhile, but don't want to take out a loan to do it, while employers want to pay $2.50 and hour and expect the public to make up the difference. I know what I'm talking about, I once worked as a waiter.
If u cant afford

Saint Albans, WV

#23 Nov 12, 2012
willywonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but you can never be too careful, it has nothing to do with eating there or not eating there. Most wait staff at ANY resturant is not paid enough, they are expected to make their money from tips - and they probably don't get as much as they need from those either - it could make them more likely to be dishonest. Most people feel if they have to pay a lot for a meal, they shouldn't have to pay so much extra even for good service - they feel the employer should pay their employees JUST A LITTLE MORE. And don't come on with that s--t "you shouldn't be eating out if you can't afford it" everyone deserves a treat once in awhile, but don't want to take out a loan to do it, while employers want to pay $2.50 and hour and expect the public to make up the difference. I know what I'm talking about, I once worked as a waiter.
You don't deserve a treat if you can't afford it. If you can't afford to tip then you CAN'T afford to eat out. Buy groceries.
Really

Charleston, WV

#24 Nov 12, 2012
It's the way of the world for employers not to pay more than a pitiful amount, and it has been done for years, not just recent. If you think this is unfair, then just don't eat at places you have to tip. We as servers don't make the rules or laws, we just need a job. Please don't punish your server by not tipping, we don't make the rules. Write your senator or congressman if you want the laws changed. If you choose to go to places where you are expected to tip, then TIP.
update

Rupert, WV

#25 Nov 12, 2012
Regardless of service, 10%-15% tip rate is the going rate in rural areas. This is a poor rural county in a poor state. Consider yourself extremely lucky to get a 15% tip. If you don't like it, I guess you go job hunting.
A server

Princeton, WV

#26 Nov 12, 2012
If you can not afford to tip then you can not afford to eat out. At least not at a restaurant where you have a server. It's not our fault that is how it works. Pay me for a job well done or stay home!
look it up

Parkersburg, WV

#27 Nov 12, 2012
Waiters make at least minimum wage. If they don't receive it in tip money their employer has to make up the difference. It is a federal law. Most waiters make plenty of money for the job they do and don't pay the taxes they should for the amount they make. I don't understand why people think they should make more than minimum wage if they don't provide excellent service.
Facts

United States

#28 Nov 13, 2012
The waitstaff anywhere needs to quit complaining about not getting a bigger tip then they get. Most places they make VERY GOOD money. If you don't give good service then you will not get a big tip, if you give good service you will be treated right. The workers at F&F for example make good money. They have zero reason to complain about tipping.
Really

Hansford, WV

#29 Nov 13, 2012
Walk a mile in my shoes, then talk to me about VERY GOOD money!!!!!You probably have NEVER done a job like this. It really is harder than it appears. I just dont take an order, bring a drink, then disappear til food is put up. Try an juggle 7-10 tables, extra drinks before I even leave to put the order in, kids crying, teenagers thinking its funny to put salt/pepper in someones drink, thus making me go get a new one, LOL NOT!!!!!People want appetizers, bread/butter, more drinks, now multiply that by 7-10 tables. I knew it was a hard and sometimes a thankless one, but I chose to do it because I like being out with people. Now that people are gone from my tables, I have to bus, clean and sweep under it and set it back up again for more people. So, don't try to tell me about minimum wage, or how easy it is, or how I dont have an education to get a better job. I know what my job entails and I do a good job. But, sometimes the end results dont justify the job I did because of people who think my employer needs to pony up more money so you dont have to tip. I dont make the rules so why should I be punished?
crazy

United States

#30 Nov 13, 2012
Really wrote:
Walk a mile in my shoes, then talk to me about VERY GOOD money!!!!!You probably have NEVER done a job like this. It really is harder than it appears. I just dont take an order, bring a drink, then disappear til food is put up. Try an juggle 7-10 tables, extra drinks before I even leave to put the order in, kids crying, teenagers thinking its funny to put salt/pepper in someones drink, thus making me go get a new one, LOL NOT!!!!!People want appetizers, bread/butter, more drinks, now multiply that by 7-10 tables. I knew it was a hard and sometimes a thankless one, but I chose to do it because I like being out with people. Now that people are gone from my tables, I have to bus, clean and sweep under it and set it back up again for more people. So, don't try to tell me about minimum wage, or how easy it is, or how I dont have an education to get a better job. I know what my job entails and I do a good job. But, sometimes the end results dont justify the job I did because of people who think my employer needs to pony up more money so you dont have to tip. I dont make the rules so why should I be punished?
Absolutely correct! Its a very hard job and if u give good service it should be appreciated. And that part about the employers making up the difference is BS. I have waitressed off and on for 20+ years and not once did anyplace make up the difference between the 2$ and change servers make and min wage. They actually put down what they feel u made in tips and they always over estimate so they do not have to pay the difference. It sucks but its true. Its cheaper for the owners and hard to dispel and prove u made less then what they report because most places dont track their servers tips for just that reason. Federal law or not they find ways around it
facts

United States

#31 Nov 14, 2012
So your saying you get paid $2 an hour and in say a 6 hour day you do not bring in $35. That would put you over the minimum wage. If that happened to often then I would have to go elsewhere.
ashamed

United States

#32 Nov 14, 2012
The new one wrote:
I ate there a couple weeks ago with the family and we had horrible service. We had to wave our waitress down and when we asked for a refill it took her twenty minutes to bring it back.. The food was awesome but, the service was horrible.
They probably need to get some new help, and get rid of bad servers and other workers on the floor.
Knows

Princeton, WV

#33 Nov 14, 2012
facts wrote:
So your saying you get paid $2 an hour and in say a 6 hour day you do not bring in $35. That would put you over the minimum wage. If that happened to often then I would have to go elsewhere.
It's not calculated on a day to day basis it's weekly. So I would have to not make minimum wage for all 6 days that I work which won't happen. And if I only wanted to make minimum wage I would work at McDonald's. I work morning shifts which are really hit or miss. So I have had Friday mornings when I make decent money for my shift but then that might be countered with a Tuesday morning where I have 4 tables and make $15. It's happened many many times. And please don't tell me to get a new job if I don't like it some people don't have a choice but to work in this industry due to time constraints. Tipping is as much an option as paying for your meal. If you have a bad meal the manager will comp it and it will be free. If you get bad service then don't tip. But if the meal and service arr good quit being a cheapskate and pay up.
frank

Rupert, WV

#34 Nov 14, 2012
A server wrote:
If you can not afford to tip then you can not afford to eat out. At least not at a restaurant where you have a server. It's not our fault that is how it works. Pay me for a job well done or stay home!
Tipping a social custom, not a social requirement. Perhaps restaurants that can't afford to pay, shouldn't be in business.
Knows

Princeton, WV

#35 Nov 14, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Tipping a social custom, not a social requirement. Perhaps restaurants that can't afford to pay, shouldn't be in business.
What is wrong with you people? Why would you all want to rob someone of their earnings? Fine. Don't tip but when we're forced to get food stamps HUD and all kinds of assistance I don't want to hear any bitchng.
Eatin At Home Thanks

Princeton, WV

#36 Nov 14, 2012
crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely correct! Its a very hard job and if u give good service it should be appreciated. And that part about the employers making up the difference is BS. I have waitressed off and on for 20+ years and not once did anyplace make up the difference between the 2$ and change servers make and min wage. They actually put down what they feel u made in tips and they always over estimate so they do not have to pay the difference. It sucks but its true. Its cheaper for the owners and hard to dispel and prove u made less then what they report because most places dont track their servers tips for just that reason. Federal law or not they find ways around it
$2 an hour! And you still work there? Thats why you make $2 an hour and the owners of the sorry place buy houses at the Sporting Clug at the Greenbrier! You are an idiot and they know that and use that to their advantage. No thanks, but I'll just eat at home!
Really

Martinsburg, WV

#37 Nov 14, 2012
Why are you alling her an idiot? Is it because she took a job that fitted into her situation at home?
Or is it that YOU are the idiot for calling someone who TOOK a job rather than be on welfare, food stamps, and HUD, and who is trying to make it on her own? The facts are the facts and that is how restaurants are run. And if NO one wanted to do that job, there would be NO fine dining, No Food and Friends, NO Greenbrier dining, NO Sporting Club dining!!!!!Then I guess everyone would have to cook at home or ENJOY the wonders of FAST FOOD where there is NO TIPPING REQUIRED.
Jessica

Barboursville, WV

#38 Nov 14, 2012
I have worked as a waitress for 28 years and when I started the wage was $2.01 and now $2.13, just think if minimum wage had only went up twice in the past 28 years. Alot of the people on here wouldn't be on here complaining about tipping but complaining that they can't pay there bills. Also, when you are a server and you go into work and it is slow they may send you home after only 2 to 3 hours of work. By the time you pay for gas and child care if needed you sometimes end up worse then if you hadn't gone to work. I know people at Food and Friends, Applebees, Rubies and they say it still happens all the time, so if you do go in there and don't tip adequately then they are not going to make any money. Sometimes people think oh they don't know me, well maybe they don't, but if other people think the same way then they end up quitting their job and getting government assistance and you're paying them for no work. GO FIGURE
Cindi

Barboursville, WV

#39 Nov 14, 2012
Well, I guess I started this post about poor service that I had received, and now that time has passed I've learned that the server who waited on us took the place of a really good server. I'm not real sure of the reasons of the other ladies dismissal but I hope it was legitimate since you replaced her with someone who doesn't give good service. Also hear she got another new hire fired by telling lies about her, and the owner believed her without questioning the other employee. Guess she was afraid that maybe the other girl was her replacement.
Facts

United States

#40 Nov 14, 2012
Cindi wrote:
Well, I guess I started this post about poor service that I had received, and now that time has passed I've learned that the server who waited on us took the place of a really good server. I'm not real sure of the reasons of the other ladies dismissal but I hope it was legitimate since you replaced her with someone who doesn't give good service. Also hear she got another new hire fired by telling lies about her, and the owner believed her without questioning the other employee. Guess she was afraid that maybe the other girl was her replacement.
There are a couple more employees they can replace, and not just servers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danny king 2 hr Lenny 1
Lewisburg Citizans party lie 8 hr Happy resident 8
motel down from long john silvers 8 hr aware 8
Should we impeach trump 8 hr old local 43
west virginia daily news 10 hr Kim 3
Share the Love Festival? 12 hr Horatio 2
Censorship Thu biteme 2

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages