Greenbrier east high school

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mother

United States

#1 Feb 27, 2012
What are your Thought on Greenbrier East?
go away

Gassaway, WV

#2 Feb 27, 2012
mother wrote:
What are your Thought on Greenbrier East?
Go take your complaints to the school board. Your child I'm sure is part of the problem....don't start drama.
yep

United States

#3 Feb 27, 2012
go away wrote:
<quoted text>
Go take your complaints to the school board. Your child I'm sure is part of the problem....don't start drama.
Agreed.
TheRedChameleon

Lewisburg, WV

#4 Feb 27, 2012
I second the motion.
the flight

Lewisburg, WV

#5 Feb 28, 2012
i too agree,dont start stupid threads.
mother

United States

#6 Feb 29, 2012
No issues! I just moved to the area. We live between East and West and just wanted the best for my child. Thanks!
no help here

Gassaway, WV

#7 Feb 29, 2012
mother wrote:
No issues! I just moved to the area. We live between East and West and just wanted the best for my child. Thanks!
sorry but generally Topix isn't a place to look for help or advice or anything positive...at least not around this area...maybe go to schoolreviews.com or something
Miley

United States

#8 Mar 1, 2012
I think East is a good school personally
local

Princeton, WV

#9 Mar 6, 2012
Don't pay any attention to some of these idiots on here "mother". The advice given to you about not using Topix for advice is a good one, but not all of us around here are so "rude". Just b/c you were asking for advice doesn't give an idiot the right to "go away" just b/c you are concerned about you child and where the best place is for them to attend school.

My opinion altogether, they both decent schools I guess. Drugs and issues in every school. I went to West back in '88-'90. I now live on the eastside in Lewisburg area. My daughter will be going to East in a couple of years. I personally think West is not as good of school as it was when I went there. I know for sure East gets the better teachers. Ever decent teacher West ever got, East ended up with. That happended several times just while I attended West.

East has more opportunities as far as athletics, etc... Call me a traitor, but Im glad I live on this end now and my kid will be going over here instead of West. I think West is barely double-A these days, if that. It continues to go down.

Hope this helped you in your decision. Have a blessed day!
go away

Gassaway, WV

#10 Mar 6, 2012
local wrote:
Don't pay any attention to some of these idiots on here "mother". The advice given to you about not using Topix for advice is a good one, but not all of us around here are so "rude". Just b/c you were asking for advice doesn't give an idiot the right to "go away" just b/c you are concerned about you child and where the best place is for them to attend school.

My opinion altogether, they both decent schools I guess. Drugs and issues in every school. I went to West back in '88-'90. I now live on the eastside in Lewisburg area. My daughter will be going to East in a couple of years. I personally think West is not as good of school as it was when I went there. I know for sure East gets the better teachers. Ever decent teacher West ever got, East ended up with. That happended several times just while I attended West.

East has more opportunities as far as athletics, etc... Call me a traitor, but Im glad I live on this end now and my kid will be going over here instead of West. I think West is barely double-A these days, if that. It continues to go down.

Hope this helped you in your decision. Have a blessed day!
Here's rude for ya...You can go away too or just go back West!
I hope your daughter doesn't act as important or as snooty as you and earn herself a good butt whipping at East in a few years. Good-luck to you local idiot and have a blessed day!
CC

United States

#11 Mar 6, 2012
Wow u must be a miserable person to be so hateful to others.... I'll pray for you.
East and West

Rock Creek, WV

#12 Mar 6, 2012
local wrote:
I know for sure East gets the better teachers. Ever decent teacher West ever got, East ended up with. That happended several times just while I attended West.
This may come as a surprise, but they went to East because they wanted to, not because they had to. Teachers apply for a job and they get it. Nobody "gets" the better teachers. The better teachers decide they would rather be at East than West.
To "mother", send your kids to East. East has a better opportunity for education, less issues with drugs and the school is actually built and has heat. West remains under construction and will probably be in some state of construction until this summer.
Just a suggestion

Princeton, WV

#13 Mar 6, 2012
You should home school and shouldn't EVEN consider getting involved with any of the sports programs - nothing but DRAMA! Actually, you should probably just move again. Good luck to ya though.
hii

Hillsboro, WV

#14 Mar 6, 2012
All for East!
go away

Gassaway, WV

#15 Mar 7, 2012
CC wrote:
Wow u must be a miserable person to be so hateful to others.... I'll pray for you.
go pray for me and then fall off a cliff.
Ruthie

Bluefield, WV

#16 Mar 7, 2012
I think I would send my child to West. The students at both schools have the same issues. I would do everything in my power to demand that the West students are given the same opportunity as the East children. West students deserve that. I don't know why there is such a difference. Greenbrier County Board of Ed. should make sure that the students from all parts of the county have good facilities and good teachers. West may not have as many opportunities in types of sports (I don't know) just because they are a smaller school and may not have enough students to support some of the sports but they should have the same opportunities in academics and the arts. I lived in both the western end of the county and the eastern end and it was a problem then too.
CC

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2012
go away wrote:
<quoted text>go pray for me and then fall off a cliff.
Bless your heart
go away

Gassaway, WV

#18 Mar 7, 2012
CC wrote:
<quoted text>Bless your heart
keep your fake blessings to yourself-God doesn't like fake or ugly.
CC

United States

#19 Mar 8, 2012
go away wrote:
<quoted text>keep your fake blessings to yourself-God doesn't like fake or ugly.
God loves orphans and widows I wish u all the happiness in the world
Tbh

New York, NY

#20 Mar 8, 2012
Half of the educators care only about a pay check, the principals generally would prefered not to be bothered unless it involves a child who has a family well up there and then it is top priority. Majority of the students are higher than a kite and are in the back using text books to break up pills while the teachers look the other way. I'd rather homeschool my child than send them to either school to be honest with you. Nobody gives a damn anymore and it's sad. Nothing is like it used to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Krsna in downtown Lewisburg 1 hr Rebel Yell 8
Women that lie 2 hr Concerned 2
Lewisburg election 13 hr Rebel Yell 2
You are going to love it! 13 hr potus 1
west virginia’s fianicial problems 16 hr man 2
spruce cove apartments Thu Mclovin 15
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Alex Kissinger 3,992

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance