Beckley, WV Named to Smithsonian Magazine's List of 20 Best Small Towns in U.S.

Jun 6, 2012 Full story: Huntington News 46

Beckley has joined a prestigious list of 20 Best Small Towns in America, according to an article by Susan Spano and Aviva Shen in the May 2012 Smithsonian magazine.

Full Story
really

Beckley, WV

#23 Jun 14, 2012
No one is "threatened" by you. You are obviously an uneducated jackass with few manners. It DOES matter that you can't spell. It says that you didn't take full advantage of the free education you were offered. You work in home health? God help the clients with your small-minded, know-it-all judgements. You disrespectfully referred to a poster here as "old man". Is that how you treat the people you work with? Heaven help them all!

If you hate Beckley so much, why would you be trolling on a the Topix forum from the area? Have a blessed day. If you promise to go away, we'll promise to miss you!
cashlyn bank

United States

#24 Jun 14, 2012
Thank you!!
cashlyn bank

United States

#25 Jun 14, 2012
Well thats good Im glad your not threatened by me.... I never made a threat. What is sad is that your still talking. I dont care what you have to say about me. You DO NOT hurt my feelings and never will. Just because you do not like my opinion Im a "jackass". Wow shows you again another crappy side of Beckley... You just keep proving my point. I have friends and family still in Beckley and even if I didnt I have the right to look up the news anywhere I want to. So kick rocks OLD MAN!!
cashlyn bank

United States

#26 Jun 14, 2012
All I hear is blah blah blah.
Phil

Hernshaw, WV

#27 Jun 14, 2012
I like Beckley. Shopping there is great, traffic not as bad as Lewisburg, people are friendly.
really

Beckley, WV

#28 Jun 14, 2012
"Cashlyn":You asserted that we felt "threatened" by you, you imbecile. One wonders why, if you are so disinterested by the city of Beckley, that you keep coming back to this thread. I once lived in another small town in WV. I didn't care for it,but is was the way it was, so I don't surf Topix, looking to make nasty comments about it. Grandma's addage that "You are known by the company you keep" is a simple truth. If you were surrounded by pillheads, thieves, and potheads, maybe the problem was you and your associations, and not the city itself.

By the way, I am NOT an old man. I am a 37-year-old woman with a teenage son. I don't work becuase I don't have to. I worked for several years, and never saw the problems you describe, but then I don't hang out in bars. I don't associate in the neighborhoods you described.

You take your self much too seriously and believe your opinion is way more important than it is. You are a faceless drone behind a computer hoping to get a rise out of someone. Have a lovely evening, and be sure to post often, since all of us wait with baited breath to read your significant level of stress and anger released on this board. Therapy, perhaps? Have a lovely evening!
ugottastandforso mething

Beckley, WV

#29 Jun 14, 2012
ditto,except not 37 with a teen aged son.
cashlyn bank

United States

#30 Jun 14, 2012
oh welllllllllllll BECKLEY WV Sucks!!!!!! Blahhh blahhhh blahhhhh. I do not hang out with pill heads crack head coke heads or meth heads.... I cant stand them funny how your town is filled with them yeah another person who is capable of working that is not working such is the way of beckley eye do nt care how i spell as long as i make my pointa BECKLEY sucks funny how ur the only ignor ant persen postin nasty stuff i purposely. messed up hope u like this post like i said you r old..... i have a great day everyday i wake up and God has blessed me to breathe..... i am blessed to have a job be a sober minded persoen and have a hosue contributeeeee to soceity kiss my ass if u dont like the truth Beckley Wv sucks!
By the way it was ur crappy schools who taught me lmfao!!
really

Beckley, WV

#31 Jun 15, 2012
Proving once again how ignorant you are. In order to be educated, you have to take what is offered. You are awfully sensitive about you lack of education. You are also very uncouth. Not one single soul here cares about your little small-minded rants. If you had anything pertinent to post, you would have done so. Think whatever you want. Write whatever you want. It doesn't change who you are, or how the vast majority of Beckley's citizens are. You've bored us all......
Bill y

Moundsville, WV

#32 Jun 15, 2012
cashlyn bank,

Someone in your home needs to flush the commode you were deposited in.

Billy
cashlyn bank

United States

#33 Jun 15, 2012
Yall know what yall can suck..... I dont care what yall think u dont pay my bills.. I do! But im glad to hit a nerve uve been on my dick for the past three days. For someone who doesnt care about my opinion your all over my posts. Lmao at you old man. Again looking at Beckley news. Bank robbery doller general robbed. Wow guess I dont need to say anymore...... As for my education I received my Ged a whole year before my class graduated. Statistics show that over 70% of high school graduates cant even pass a Ged...... I quit school to join the military and serve my country. You know the one that gives me the freedom to say fluck u.... Hahahaha Beckley sucks. Glad to know Im on ur mind everyday.....
Bill y

Moundsville, WV

#34 Jun 15, 2012
Cashlyn,

You are a little girl or boy,probably girl,with a big problem. There is a lot of resentment there and I cannot help but conclude that people,a lot of people,treated you badly while here. I would state off-hand that you got pregnant at a very young age,if you do indeed have children,and your classmates and family made you a outcast.
You will find that people are the same everywhere, there is only a slight bit of difference in attitudes.
You need to put the crap behind you,become proud of yourself,go back to school,study hard,and make something of yourself.
Another thing,change the way you talk and/or write.
Believe me,you have impressed no one and that is what you need to do.

Billy
cashlyn bank

United States

#35 Jun 15, 2012
Again you assume that you know me. I was married and twenty before I had my first child. Your dumb and borring. If you read my first post carefully then you would have seen why I said Beckley was awful. Yes I had a bad experience there. Neways I am BORED with you. It was good to know my opinion effected so many people...... Beckley WV sucks....
Opine opine opine

Brenton, WV

#36 Jun 16, 2012
cashlyn bank wrote:
Listen hear old man. Does it matter what you used to pay for coffee? No. I dont think it does. I didnt say anything about Ohio because it wasnt on the list. Duh, your dumb city Beckley was. So there for I can give my opinion. For someone that supposedly served there country you dont like the fact that somebody else has an opinion. You have the right to believe Beckley is heaven if you want. But you will never convince me that shit isnt shit... Also like I said it doesnt matter how I spell. I stated the facts and thats all that matters. To answer your question no I dont make meth, bag weed or press pills I work in home health Im going to college and raising two beautiful children. Oh yeah I dont live off welfare and actually I never have and I havent been paid to flip burgers since I was 15. But I understand you felt threatened by what I said so you felt you had to attack me personally. Well thats dumb and childish you should be ashamed of yourself. But then again thats what you can expect out of Beckley. Haha
I think it's interesting that you are so verbal about your opinion of Beckley, but you take a great amount of offense to others' opinions about your ability to spell and punctuate. I'm not going to take the time to correct the nine mistakes that stood out on a cursory read of your post because your education is your business. If that's how you want to roll with the rules of the language, so be it.
really

Beckley, WV

#37 Jun 16, 2012
Billy and Opine, I am reasonably sure you are both correct. Texting is turning SOME, not all, of our younger folks into morons, unable to express themselves or form a coherent sentence. Using or eluding to profanity is for those with small vocabularies. Apparently, the GED this person received didn't require much knowledge of basic grammar, if the degree was even received.

I also doubt the part about joining the military, because they no longer rush to sign young people who haven't finished high school. Also, no veteran would have referred to someone else who served their country so disrespectfully.

Immaturity causes us to rage against the things we perceive. Mature people may be angry at a situation, but are able to reason. "Cashlyn" (is that name borrowed from reality TV or some daytime drama?), is not so mature and really unable to see past her own problems. Hopefully, she'll learn better. If not, she will continue to be the same angry, bitter, suspicious, and miserable little person that she is!
Sac

Anonymous Proxy

#38 Jun 16, 2012
justanobserver wrote:
Sounds like you hung out in,worked in, and lived in, the wrong places. Our crime rate is still one of the lowest in the country. I'm glad you left!!
Dude,you have to give me a break. There is a damn robbery every night here! I'm not even going to try to plead a case. You're either very young or you can't remember that just a short ago there were a handful of robberies per year. With a population of just under 18,000 this place is an out of control shit hole. I call it little Detroit.

“Pro Union - Enviro Vigilante”

Since: Feb 12

Craigsville , WV

#39 Jun 16, 2012
cashlyn bank wrote:
Listen hear old man. Does it matter what you used to pay for coffee? No. I dont think it does. I didnt say anything about Ohio because it wasnt on the list. Duh, your dumb city Beckley was. So there for I can give my opinion. For someone that supposedly served there country you dont like the fact that somebody else has an opinion. You have the right to believe Beckley is heaven if you want. But you will never convince me that shit isnt shit... Also like I said it doesnt matter how I spell. I stated the facts and thats all that matters. To answer your question no I dont make meth, bag weed or press pills I work in home health Im going to college and raising two beautiful children. Oh yeah I dont live off welfare and actually I never have and I havent been paid to flip burgers since I was 15. But I understand you felt threatened by what I said so you felt you had to attack me personally. Well thats dumb and childish you should be ashamed of yourself. But then again thats what you can expect out of Beckley. Haha
Lived @ Maxwell Woods throughout the
90's found this community to be fantastic place to live ... You soon learn the places to stay away from, like East Beckley on one end & Dry hill road on the other with a few in between lol!
Timmy Love

Lewisburg, WV

#40 Jun 16, 2012
cashlyn bank wrote:
Wow R u serious? Beckley? Full of thugs pill heads coke heads and crack heads. A place where ur own brother will rob and kill u.... Thats named a safe city? Who took the poll? I think they need to loose their job! I lived in alot of states and alot of cities. I even lived in Beckley for almost a year.... BECKLEY was the worst place I ever lived! In the short time I was there 6 businesses were robbed. 3 people murdered ( police have not even solved) tons of pill heads zombiefied walking the streets..... The bar I worked at had the bouncer smokin crack in the club... And underage girls gettin served liquor and takin out to the parking lot and servicing a whole group of mení My house was broke into 2 flat screen tvs and a brand new ps3 stolen. Police wasnt even gonna take fingure prints till I said to! How sad is that? Police in Beckley r just as bad as the drug dealin thugs on the street. I HOPE who ever put them on the list of good safe towns actually goes out their next time and sees how it really is.
I agree with you, Beckley should be burned to the ground. God, what a friggin' cesspool.
cashlyn bank

United States

#41 Jun 16, 2012
Alpha 1- 48 out of Ft. Lenerwood Missouri 1st platoon.... I was an 88 mike. Loved my job.... And yes they take people with GEDs. You should find out what your talking about before you speak. Like I said it doesnt matter what I said or how I spelled anything. Your probably one of the nasty druggies that walk those streets. Funny how also on this sit it talks about the drug related home invasions are on the rise. Funny how the news said the first thing I said. Dont get mad at someone pointing out the obvious. Just fopen your eyes realize there is a problem and fix it. Other than that all of you can kiss my......
1 post removed
really

Beckley, WV

#43 Jun 16, 2012
Your, you're; too, to, two; there, their, they're.
There are differences. Please learn the difference and use them accordingly. Anyone is an actual word;neone is not. How we speak, write, and present ourselves does make a difference. Again, you are so unnecessarily angry.

I realize this town has problems. I recognize there are drugs and corruption here. I don't need to "fix it". Drugs are not an issue in my home. That is my priority. As for me, I have never even smoked a cigarette. What makes you and all these others sooooooo angry? If you don't like Beckley, fine. Stop ranting. Stay away. Those are simple solutions. Don't you realize every community has its own set of troubles?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House of delegates-Who gets your vote pick 2 11 min Randall 18
Where can you buy raw milk in Greenbrier County? 59 min Mike 1
Cherry lane update 2 hr FYI 6
i cannot believe this is happening here 7 hr The Poet 92
Brian dilly Mon Judge larry 13
free live music? Mon Well LaTeeDaa 3
Spartan football 2014 Sun Student at east 38
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match

Lewisburg Jobs