Wreck on Stone House Rd
Nearby

Bluefield, WV

#45 Feb 22, 2013
Senseless wrote:
I am grieving with this family, as I know them very well. As there really is no room for judgement as we should not judge, but we also can not help but to be angry, very angry. I feel for the boys family, but he did not have a drivers license, he had been ticketed for this and speeding only just weeks ago, so you get behind a wheel with no license and 2 small babies and dont make sure one of them is secure? How can you not be angry. If you saw the car and know the wreck site you would see that the car hit the true hard enough to "fork" it, this car was speeding. The mother is not without blame either. Somebody with no license and who is under the influence of any kind of illegal substance does not drive around 2 INNOCENT babies. This is tough, will be even tougher in the days coming.
Why was he driving in this neighbor, none of them live on Stonehouse Road, instead of a tree he could have hit one of my neighbors or a family member. This was the second wreck Due to speed in the same area within two weeks. Yes, blame is on the driver but also the police as they do not enforce the speed limit of 35.
RIP

Culloden, WV

#46 Feb 22, 2013
RIDICULOUS: The fact is it was an accident and I am so sure that this young man and lady did not leave their house and get in the car and plan on wrecking. I'm sure if they did they would have made sure the kids were restrained properly and seatbelts were secure. I know there are times when I drive I do not always go the speed limit, and I'm sure everyone on this site that is passing judgement also drive faster than the speed limit at times.

BECKLEY REGISTER: ENOUGH SAID

Excessive speed may have been involved in the accident in which the four-door sedan struck a tree and caught fire, police said.

Pendleton said the accident is still under investigation by the West Virginia State Police.
Right thing

United States

#47 Feb 22, 2013
He needs to be used as an example. That its not ok to keep driving after you get caught speeding and with no operators. Its wrong and anybody with any sense knows that you do not get in a vehicle with people n drive like a maniac. Come on Sheriff dept n judges do the right thing. All these other wold childs will think well I can do what I want I won't get in trouble.
Hmmmmm

United States

#48 Feb 22, 2013
Right thing wrote:
He needs to be used as an example. That its not ok to keep driving after you get caught speeding and with no operators. Its wrong and anybody with any sense knows that you do not get in a vehicle with people n drive like a maniac. Come on Sheriff dept n judges do the right thing. All these other wold childs will think well I can do what I want I won't get in trouble.
What about the State Police? They are investigating the wreck not the Sheriff's department.
Senseless

Princeton, WV

#49 Feb 22, 2013
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text> What about the State Police? They are investigating the wreck not the Sheriff's department.
Yes they are investigating, this is not going to end well for these two. Now the family has to grive and suffer also because of poor choices and when reality strikes this young mother I surely do feel for her sanity, mine would be lost forever!!
Dont understand

Moneta, VA

#50 Feb 24, 2013
Why is everyone on here bashing ONLY Brody. Yes, he is responsible and should be punished but so should the MOTHER that was IN THE VEHICLE ALSO for allowing her child to not be strapped in and also allowing her boyfriend or friend to drive and drive reckless with her children in the vehicle. & the older woman, god bless her soul should have also spoke up and said something. There were 3 adults in the vehicle. Not just Brody. The car didn't even belong to Brody. As far as I am concerned, she should be losing custody of her son and Brody should be facing some time. Imagine if another car had been involved also how much worse it could be.. There is no excuse for it.
bshepp

Oakvale, WV

#51 Feb 24, 2013
guys this is brodeys brother yall dont know a god damnn thing so stop makin up shit yall have no clue what's up for real but brodey was not drivin so you can tell everyone the real truth
bshepp

Oakvale, WV

#52 Feb 24, 2013
he is my bro and yall dont know a damn thing so shut the f*** up im tired of ppl makin up shot they dont know
bshepp

Oakvale, WV

#53 Feb 24, 2013
see u dont even know u just goin by fb that some real crap not fb is a joke
facts

Oakvale, WV

#54 Feb 24, 2013
Demi & Dee Jay are 2 Differnt people.
The wreck is still under investigation. so therefore all you people pointing fingers should s t o p.
those of you who believe everything on fb are completly stupid.
those of u who are posting about what the news is saying.. umm 3 differnt news stations said three different stories.
This site is completly 100% pointless. it keeps all you lowlifes busy.
heres a thought. why dont you make sure your hands are clean and your completly perfect before you bash others.
people make mistakes everyday and its crazy that you guys would sit back and talk shit like you do no wrong.
I pray for each of you. regardless of all stories and anything anyone says. the people involved in this terrible accident will carry this forever. put yourself in this position. see if you would like people talkin g shit about you. a wreck could happen to any of us at anytime. and it very well could be your fault. and there very well could be children in your car or someone elses.
before you run your mouth take a second and think! try it.
So right

United States

#55 Feb 24, 2013
i could not agree more!! This forum needs reported & deleted!! This family is suffering enough & doesn't need any of this bs right now!!! Have some respect, she just lost her little girl & couldn't attend her services bc she's still in roanoke herself recovering from sergery & other things..if any of you who are talking nonsense stop for a second if you have a heart & just look on fb at the beautiful pictures of this precious little Angel that lost her life so soon, it melts my heart everytime i see her picture & i couldn't imagine what her family is going through, she will be loved forever & they will carry on this horrible tragic forever, im sure they kno it was wrong to let this young man drive but they didn't walk out the door & plan to wreck! Accidents happen, & my heart breaks for them all...Please stop these horrible rumors & let the family see peace!! My heart goes out to all that was involved & both families Witt & Morris!! Cherish all your memories with this baby forever even if she's gone she'll be in your hearts forever.!!! RIP Angel.. Prayers for the Witt & Morris Families xoxoxoxo
Senseless

Camp Creek, WV

#56 Feb 25, 2013
Very true that all the adults in the vehicle are at fault. Doesnt change anything now. I dont know of anything coming from facebook, thats crazy. But you cant call it an accident when you get behind the wheel with no drivers license, it could have been prevented, all of it could have been prevented! This family does not want him to be the driver and thats understandable, but you can not change facts. The truth will all come out. They state police have plenty of evidence to show the truth. You dont have a shoe melted beside a gas pedal and not be the driver. Both of DJ's femors were snapped in half from sittin in the back middle with one leg straddling one side and the other on the other side and when the car hit that tree her legs had no where to go except against the back of those seasts, with one of her shoes wedged underneath the back seat, there is plenty more evidence besides the DNA taken from the drivers airbag. All this family needs/wants is facts and truth. If DJ would have been the driver then it would be something they would deal with just the same as Brody being driver, but it needs to be proven beyond a doubt either way so this young lady has some peace down the road. Pray for these families, all of them, they will need it very much!
Truth

Saint Albans, WV

#57 Feb 25, 2013
Accidents happen.. Speeding recklessly enough in a 35 speed limit zone for you to lose control of your vehicle and total your car to the point it catches fire Is not an accident. It's called reckless driving. And not strapping your child in is endangerment. Whether intended or not it's not a hard concept to strap your child in. It's also the law.. Along with following the speed limit. Would you allow someone to drive recklessly with YOUR KID in the car? Would you NOT strap your child in thinking, hmm I don't plan to wreck today.. If you are a half decent adult you would know better and go through all measures to protect your children. 3 adults in the vehicle and nobody spoke up. Pathetic & disgusting. They may be suffering but do you think nobody should answer for their mistakes? The loss of a child due to NO seat belt, safety seat, excessive speed?? If you were driving by and were in the wreck also due to someone's reckless driving and god forbid your kid died would you say they are suffering enough, it's okay. Doubtful.
Agree

Camp Creek, WV

#58 Feb 25, 2013
Its true they all are responsible. They will answer to their horrible mistakes within themselves forever and ever and also from the law. I feel when people on here say they are suffering they dont mean the victims just yet, they mean the families that are living with this and the loss of two precious lives and how sick they must be that it could have been prevented. I know Witt family very well. They have tried so very hard to guide the grandmother in the right direction and to deal with her deamons for years, and they have tried and tried to correct DJ and make her see the light as to keeping those children safe, and she is a good person, she has so many bad influences in her life and persons who dont see any harm in using drugs and getting behind the wheel, so yes the family is beating themselves up really really bad.
Truth

Beckley, WV

#59 Feb 25, 2013
bshepp wrote:
guys this is brodeys brother yall dont know a god damnn thing so stop makin up shit yall have no clue what's up for real but brodey was not drivin so you can tell everyone the real truth
You know this for a fact how? Because he told you that? Because last I was told he confessed to driving to his mother. It is natural to be mad, to be hurting for your brother but the truth will always set you free and letting that girl think she is responsible for her own child and grandmothers death is very unfair, she is already responsible in many many ways. Cursing on here and accusing people of saying false things wont make it better. From what I read most of this was what the state police have released and what facts are there, simple as that. And I am sorry for your family also.
Truth

Beckley, WV

#60 Feb 25, 2013
Also, I would not be "damning" god at this point, he is the only one who will see all of you through this!! Turn to him!
GetReal

Lewisburg, WV

#61 Feb 25, 2013
bshepp wrote:
guys this is brodeys brother yall dont know a god damnn thing so stop makin up shit yall have no clue what's up for real but brodey was not drivin so you can tell everyone the real truth
Oh, were YOU there?
wow

Elkview, WV

#62 Feb 25, 2013
YES, accidents do happen no matter who is at fault. I also did not say that they should get off scott free either. I just said that I'm sure they feel bad enough without everybody putting them down on the internet. I wont say that it will not happen to me or my child cause we never know what will happen. We are not promised tomorrow. But I wouldn't want people talking about it on here. Maybe YOU should think about this, If it was YOUR child or YOUR family, would you want everybody talking about YOU or YOUR family on the internet? Doubtful.
Family

Beckley, WV

#63 Feb 25, 2013
As far as this being something none of them planned to happen i suppose it can be labeled an accident. But when something could be prevented and/or should never have happened its hard to see it as an accident. Because this boys father is in law enforcement and his grandfather was sherrif does NOT mean that he should not be held accountable if its proven that way, nor should any special favors be done. That will create a very very nasty problem if so. The law is the law, period, 2 lives were lost. Laws were broken by all 3 adults, tox screens were run on them, Neglegence is just what it is, whomever is at the hand of it.
prayers

Ridgeview, WV

#64 Feb 25, 2013
bshepp wrote:
guys this is brodeys brother yall dont know a god damnn thing so stop makin up shit yall have no clue what's up for real but brodey was not drivin so you can tell everyone the real truth
Ill tell you what, YOU are lucky you are even out and about walking and getting to hold YOUR child! You, mr sheppard, need to hold your tongue out of respect to ALL involved! it's VERY VERY sad that anyone ,including your brother , should have to deal with this terrible tragedy. If i were you id do a lot less damning to God and cussing and be THANKING God your brother was not killed and you still have him in your life! He was left here for a reason and i hope and pray it is to make the right decision and tell the truth. He was man enough to get behind the wheel and act reckless and irresponsible so he needs to be a man and own up to what happened! I pray for the sheppard family because this is hard on them all as well but trying to cover it up wont keep the inevitable from happening in the end. The witt and morris families are dealing with so much more and such a great loss and the driver issue should NOT even be an issue! They themselves are going to be dealing with what may happen to DeeJay with her negligence in this and she will lose her other child! noone seems to remember there was another innocent baby in this wreck who no longer has his sister, great grandmother and now will most likely not be raised by his mom. so both families are being torn apart right now and need prayers! no matter my opinion or your opinion or anyone elses opinion.... DNA doesnt lie. Right is right and wrong is wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wv teachers walk out 1 hr Tom 85
Girl at walmart 1 hr Tom 8
Loudermilk RV and Trailer 4 hr vivian 9
Davis Stuart Nepotism and Scams 5 hr Concerned 6
hey grlz whats the size white guyz n lewisburg (Apr '15) 11 hr Love sports 25
Ricky Rager 21 hr Timmy 3
vago rd 1/20/18 Thu Sam I Am 132

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages