Next Last
Not again

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 18, 2013
What is known about this wreck?
They

Alexandria, VA

#2 Feb 18, 2013
They hit a tree and it caught fire , 1 dead 4 injured1 is in Roanoke and it was a 4 door white car
Sending Prayers

Johnson City, TN

#3 Feb 18, 2013
My heart goes out to the family and prayers being sent!
steph

Princeton, WV

#4 Feb 18, 2013
2 dead 3 injured it was deejay whitt her kids and boyfriend and grandma

Since: Jul 12

Beckley WV

#5 Feb 18, 2013
This is the last I hear about it from a post on facebook....Ann Witt, her granddaughter D.J. and her two children, Shaelynn and Remy, as well as a friend of D.J.'s named Brody Shepard (I think I have that right) were in an accident earlier today. It was a one car accident. They hit a tree. As far as we know, Brody was driving Ann's car, Ann and Shaelynn were killed in the wreck. D.J. and Brody were seriously injured and were life flighted to Roanoke to the hospital there. Remy appears to be OK, but they sent him to Roanoke to make sure. D. J. just got out of surgery.... prayers going out to the famil
Prayers

Gum Spring, VA

#6 Feb 18, 2013
I know this family, and I am sadden to hear of this tragedy. My prayers are with the family.
info

Gum Spring, VA

#7 Feb 18, 2013
1 post removed

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#9 Feb 20, 2013
sad wrote:
Hate that this has happened to the child. The children didnt need to be in that car with a person that couldnt take responsibility and drive right. I sure hope the Witt family recovers fast. Wish nothing bad on the other boy but he needs be an adult about all of this. This isnt a laughing matter. Im sure the police will handle this the right way. To Justin Morris... Prayers to you also.
Was you there and know how he was driving??
On The News

Johnson City, TN

#10 Feb 20, 2013
Inflammatory wrote:
<quoted text>
Was you there and know how he was driving??
It was on the news!
wondering

United States

#11 Feb 20, 2013
This Brody guy that was driving the car...is he kin to the Shepards that are cops?
wrong

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2013
Why wasn't this baby in a car seat?
JD

Alexandria, VA

#13 Feb 20, 2013
Speed WAS a factor.
Nearby

Danville, WV

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Can you say manslaughter for the driver.
2 posts removed
Nearby

Danville, WV

#17 Feb 20, 2013
If the judge sees the wreck site he hopefully will do his job. About 10 state police were on the site this morning and they surely could see that tree didn't jump into the road.
have respect

Oakvale, WV

#18 Feb 20, 2013
wow wrote:
We shall see what kind of a judge we have now. He has no license and was caught driving fast with no licesne about a month ago. If they let him away with this then that explains why kids are the way they are now. Try him as an adult and make an example with him. That poor innocent baby and grandma. Daily News today. Magistrate.
Lets not forget that this young man has a family also and will have to live with this for the rest of his life. I'm sure he didn't mean for this to happen, it is a terrible thing for both families.
1 post removed
Hey

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#20 Feb 20, 2013
So what happened. How's the 19 year old fit into this. Feels so sorry for these poor people.
Really

United States

#21 Feb 20, 2013
If you werent there you dont know exactly what happened. It was a car 'accident'. Not on purpose. Even if brodey is at fault 100%..he still must live with this forever. He is a 19 yr old boy..who is a total sweetheart. Would do anything for anyone at the drop of a dime. This is a horrible tragedy but dont point fingers..if this were your situation you wouldnt want ppl pointing them at you..and you definitely wouldn't want it on a crap sote like this.
Lock Him Up

Lexington, NC

#22 Feb 20, 2013
I don't care if he's 19 and sweet. He had no license and was apparently driving like a tool. Lock him up.
Wow

United States

#23 Feb 20, 2013
He was .driving with no license. Had 4 people in car. Hit tree. 2 died. One a baby. Now how you think he fits in?
well

Ashford, WV

#24 Feb 20, 2013
If both of those children were not properly restrained in car/booster seats then that falls on the parent that was with them. Apparenlty none of them had the good sense to put on a seatbelt and to make sure the children were safe in booster seats. Yes, Brodey will probably be found completely at fault, but why would adults get into a car with someone with no license and put those children in that situation??? There is enough blame to go around to all involved. I do pray that the families be comforted and that everyone learns to be safer on the roads. These things are avoidable!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Patrick Jackson 39 min Why 36
2 year old dies at car wash after falling in oil 4 hr Donna 1
Josey Miller (Feb '14) 9 hr Btch 81
Hilton or Manchester 11 hr Reply 10
Close, but no cigar... 17 hr Boo Hoo 3
jason windon 19 hr In Touch 2
Cougars 22 hr guys gone wild 4
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web