Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

The lady selling rabbits was rude as hell. I asked if anyone sold cup size floppy eared rabbits. She states firmly she does not give out breeders number. Well, snob, I didn't ask for a number. I walked away. Almost every stand had people who didn't speak english and turned their backs when asked if they sold something specific. The local crafts were nice. Good work and talented. Buy the sodas from the Pepsi venders, only $1 instead of $2-$3. No payphones anywhere. Used the hand wash stations after walking around animals which was nice to have. I seen one smoking area and no other butt collectors so the ground was used. Typical fair like anywhere else. Expensive and over-rated.
yessum

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

my 2cents wrote:
The fair sucks because they have Marlene Jolliffe pretending to run things. That backwards woman has no clue what shes doing. I say its time to get someone who knows what they're doing and not just a girl who wants her name in lights for nothing. The fair used to be great but because of her, it has gone down hill...
I heard that the SF is a non-profit organization that really doesn't care how much money it makes, that it only needs to make enough $ to pay its big salaries to its top people and then it blows the rest during a big group trip the workers take after the SF is over.

I have no idea if this is correct info. Please enlighten me.

I usually have a lot of fair traffic on my street. This year it seems like a ghost town.
love a fair

Alderson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

myself i really enjoy the state fair,however this year the grandstand entertainment other than the first friday and last saturday are horrible,reithoffer has brought in a great carnival this year but the state fair must must get a better grandstand line up in 2013.
corn
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

love the food!
Caveman
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

yessum wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that the SF is a non-profit organization that really doesn't care how much money it makes, that it only needs to make enough $ to pay its big salaries to its top people and then it blows the rest during a big group trip the workers take after the SF is over.
I have no idea if this is correct info. Please enlighten me.
I usually have a lot of fair traffic on my street. This year it seems like a ghost town.
Isn't some of the fair traffic being re-routed in the back way as they do for The Classic concerts? We're being told the crowds are bigger this year due to cooler weather. Think you're correct about SF organization.
LOL

Renick, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

the "state fair" in fairlea is NOT the official state fair of WV. it's a bunch of bullshyt and lies. look it up. some local yokels just spouting shyt.
bufont

Chapmanville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

DrinkyCrow wrote:
34. 50-year old women with the same hairstyle they had in high school.
at least we still have our hair unlike guys our age
Chemicals

Covington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

LOL wrote:
the "state fair" in fairlea is NOT the official state fair of WV. it's a bunch of bullshyt and lies. look it up. some local yokels just spouting shyt.
So, when and where do you believe the Official WV state fair is held?
stands

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Judged:

Not impressed wrote:
The lady selling rabbits was rude as hell. I asked if anyone sold cup size floppy eared rabbits. She states firmly she does not give out breeders number. Well, snob, I didn't ask for a number. I walked away. Almost every stand had people who didn't speak english and turned their backs when asked if they sold something specific. The local crafts were nice. Good work and talented. Buy the sodas from the Pepsi venders, only $1 instead of $2-$3. No payphones anywhere. Used the hand wash stations after walking around animals which was nice to have. I seen one smoking area and no other butt collectors so the ground was used. Typical fair like anywhere else. Expensive and over-rated.
You should have gone to the Greenbrier East FFA Hamstand! All Amerian speaking kind future farmers!
funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

DrinkyCrow wrote:
<quoted text>
31. Boys chewing tobacco and carrying a can or cup to spit into.
oh - how true it is
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Seen one big white girl there with 5 kids, all half breeds! I couldnt put my kid on the rides they were around because her kids were acting like a bunch of hooligans!
Andy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

LOL wrote:
Come on, humor us and tell us where the "official" State Fair of WV is? Could you also post a link to their website so that I can see their calendar of events and possibly attend. I'll be waiting.
Bunch of BS

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Well, wonder how long it will be before they publish that they had another "record year?" Lets see, sucky Grandstand shows, outrageous food prices, high gate fees, and no traffic problems to speak of! Yeah, another Record Year! Bunch of BS!
reality

Renick, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

concentrated bullsh*t ..........
overpriced SSDD.
haven't been there in years. and only twice in my life. once as a kid, and once in my late 20's. same sh*t different day.
Ferris Wheel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Judged:

Bunch of BS wrote:
Well, wonder how long it will be before they publish that they had another "record year?" Lets see, sucky Grandstand shows, outrageous food prices, high gate fees, and no traffic problems to speak of! Yeah, another Record Year! Bunch of BS!
I can't imagine that they had a record year, and the reason the food prices are so high is of course the fair has to get their percentage so in order for the vendors to make money they have to raise their prices, the fair really doesn't give them much choice.
pomroy

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

Bunch of BS wrote:
Lots of traffic this year came down Houfnagle Rd. and Old Powell Road to the parking lot. There were traffic event signs directing traffic to travel these roads. This would have lessened town traffic. News media people kept saying they noticed much bigger crowds this year. Must have been the cooler weather.
Pete

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2012

The weather was great!!

Since: Apr 09

Ronceverte, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

Ferris Wheel wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine that they had a record year, and the reason the food prices are so high is of course the fair has to get their percentage so in order for the vendors to make money they have to raise their prices, the fair really doesn't give them much choice.
So the State Fair of WV is not a community event to showcase the state and is just a bunch of greedy people trying to make a buck off their neighbors? Maybe they should re-evaluate the criteria for being a service provider/vendor to the event.
Fun

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

I'm thinking of loading the kids up today for a fun day at the fair, does anyone know if they are showing any animals today? The kids are super excited!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Seasons (Dec '13) 3 min angry beaver 15
Lewisburg Traffic 23 min Hey Stupid 10
Grb East Basketball 1 hr Captain Obvious 3
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 54,021
walmart 6 hr misty 3
Looking for someone to take pics of houses 7 hr missy 7
suggestion for Justice 8 hr Hank 5
renick millworks 14 hr Aha 11
saints football 17 hr Go eera 36
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000