First Prev
of 2
Next Last
singlemom

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 22, 2013
How is HUD availability around here? I am a single mom with two kids, I have a full time job but I'm sure with my pay I would qualify.
Is there a long wait list or no wait list around here? If so, how long does it take you to get in? Any help appreciated!
1 post removed
Info

United States

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Hud has a waiting list and its alot of people on it.It takes a long long time like 2 to 4 yrs for it ever gets to you.Last I knew it was over 300 on the list and they wasnt letting anymore people get on the list.Hud had put a freeze on it because of no funding money.
sea breeze

Winfield, WV

#4 Mar 5, 2013
the local hud office is very unfriendly,they should all have to go and put kind and caring people in that office.
free

Lewisburg, WV

#5 Mar 5, 2013
Obammy will save you!
what are you thinking

Charleston, WV

#6 Mar 5, 2013
singlemom wrote:
How is HUD availability around here? I am a single mom with two kids, I have a full time job but I'm sure with my pay I would qualify.
Is there a long wait list or no wait list around here? If so, how long does it take you to get in? Any help appreciated!
You can't provide for yourself and you kids, and so you figure somebody out there ought to just give you free housing?
You and the father(s) have the responsibility to house yourselves and your kids, not some program.
Housing costs money. It IS NOT FREE. Can you have overlooked your duty to provide for this major life necessity while having those kids you now cannot house?
ALL responsible parents anticipate that the proper housing of their children will be a primary need they must meet. Families are required to provide for their own needs.
If housing were free, EVERYONE WOULD WANT IN ON IT, and no program could provide that.
Now you get to grow up and face facts, and you have years ahead of you to WORK on being a decent provider. I predict major learning experiences coming your way.
lol

United States

#7 Mar 5, 2013
I predict some of that free gubament money is in your future, its the way of the new world. Have as many kids as you can but spread them out so when your oldest is turning 18 the youngest is 1 or 2 years old this way you can keep the money coming in. Your entitled to it so you might as well get yours.
or give the kids a future

Charleston, WV

#8 Mar 5, 2013
lol wrote:
I predict some of that free gubament money is in your future, its the way of the new world. Have as many kids as you can but spread them out so when your oldest is turning 18 the youngest is 1 or 2 years old this way you can keep the money coming in. Your entitled to it so you might as well get yours.
Might be wiser to be than not to be self-reliant.
Might be a better example, and for sure you'd be a better human being to be a generative person than a debased one.
The effort is worth it for your kids, and their kids...
Ur a dumazz

Princeton, WV

#9 Mar 5, 2013
what are you thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't provide for yourself and you kids, and so you figure somebody out there ought to just give you free housing?
You and the father(s) have the responsibility to house yourselves and your kids, not some program.
Housing costs money. It IS NOT FREE. Can you have overlooked your duty to provide for this major life necessity while having those kids you now cannot house?
ALL responsible parents anticipate that the proper housing of their children will be a primary need they must meet. Families are required to provide for their own needs.
If housing were free, EVERYONE WOULD WANT IN ON IT, and no program could provide that.
Now you get to grow up and face facts, and you have years ahead of you to WORK on being a decent provider. I predict major learning experiences coming your way.
Even with HUD, housing is not,I repeat, IS NOT FREE!!
you are uninformed

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Mar 6, 2013
Ur a dumazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware that some people in HUD housing pay nothing and some are EVEN PAID TO LIVE THERE? It is caled "negative rent" and goes to those who can't afford the mandated percentage of income.
Look it up and get educated.
And try not to boast about what you don't know about.
husbandwhore

Elizabeth, WV

#11 Mar 6, 2013
you need to be thinking of your cchildren ,the goverment is taking care of a lot of dead beat mothers and dads that are trying to beat the system, obama needs to wake up ,and see these hard up familys that are laughing at his ass , saying another baby another two hundred a moth , this is not a momoply game board
brainofabug

Rock, WV

#12 Mar 6, 2013
Ur a dumazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not in WV, but in VA they will even pay while you are in jail!
husbandwhore

Elizabeth, WV

#13 Mar 6, 2013
does people relize that the old people need help and can't get it , people that have worked everyday of there life and have to live on a set income and are helping there children raise there grandkids because the grandkids parents are not working....

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#14 Mar 6, 2013
Ur a dumazz wrote:
<quoted text>
OH Yeah you might have to pay 10 frigging dollars out of your pocket, how ignorant of me to think like everyone else and tell you to get a friggin job like the rest of us and stop having friggin ILLEGITIMATE kids, wheres your babies daddy, screwing and making more dependants let him pay yur friggin rent
fair market value

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Mar 6, 2013
That's the true value of the housing in this market, and when someone pays less than FAIR MARKET VALUE for HUD housing every last dime of the difference is paid by the taxpayers.
HUD users often have not got a reasonable understanding of what FAIR, MARKET, or VALUE mean regarding the cost of housing, they just want it for cheap.
They don't care who pays as long as it isn't money they personally have to provide.
Doo Doo Brown

Peterstown, WV

#16 Mar 13, 2013
Not trying to sound cruel, but why is it that someone else bad choices, obligates the tax payer to subsidize their relief?
foff

United States

#17 Jun 29, 2013
I am a tax payer and a mother of 2, i work 40 hours a week, pay for every bill i have, it sux people can take advantage of people like me who work for a living! Where is my help!
We the People

United States

#18 Jun 29, 2013
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more
perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility,
provide for the common defense, PROMOTE THE GENERAL WELFARE, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for
the United Sates of America.

Thank God our forefathers were community-minded individuals, who actually CARED about their fellow man, instead of selfish SOBs who couldn't give a sniff about anybody but themselves. It's fine to smack a hand in need away till that hand is yours.....
Woah nelly

Princeton, WV

#19 Jun 29, 2013
Help a hand in need. Not a hand that is too lazy to take care of itself and would rather mooch off other hard working people. I am not willing to help someone who has flat screen TVs. iPhones SUVs and food stamps. That just doesnt make sense. Get it together and take care of yourself rather than trying to love in the lap of luxury at the expense of others.
We means all of us

Poca, WV

#20 Jun 29, 2013
We the People wrote:
We the people of the United States, in order to form a more
perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility,
provide for the common defense, PROMOTE THE GENERAL WELFARE, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for
the United Sates of America.
It does not mean some give and some take-
Liberty is available to each of us, but WE have to secure it. I won't take yours, and don't you take mine.
The general welfare is NOT promoted, nor is the union perfected, justice established, domestic tranquility insured, common defense provided for, nor our Union secured, if WE do not SECURE the blessings of liberty FOR OURSELVES and our posterity.
OF each of us-
BY each of us-
FOR each of us.

Don't imagine the founders wanted a dependent class of feckless unproductive moochers. They knew such people don't make good citizens.
We the People

United States

#21 Jun 30, 2013
Actually, it DOES mean that some give and some take. That's how an even distribution of wealth is created and a fair and balanced economy is established. Those who have more, give more. Afterall, your so-called feckless, unproductive moochers don't have the fiscal power to destroy a nation. Only the greedy and the selfish have the means to do that, and history has proven that time and time again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should we impeach trump 4 min libsoc 51
Girls liking girls 7 hr Loves 1
Broken heart from lies Sat The white horse 7
Lewisburg Citizans party lie Sat fact checker 9
Danny king Fri Lenny 1
motel down from long john silvers Fri aware 8
west virginia daily news Fri Kim 3

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance