doctor

United States

#22 Mar 25, 2013
Go to Dr. Sams she will give you what you want.
ispy it all

United States

#23 Mar 25, 2013
Show me the money wrote:
I bet the hospital was happy when she was logging all the office visits, some nut case decides to off himself with drugs she prescribed and the hospital throws her under the bus.
I know she had a lot of older patients that are suffering now because they really needed some pain relief. I say it will create a good black market.
I'm with ya on all that. This is not the answer to the pill problem. So what about the other doctors writing scripts for narcs? I truly believe if people want to get high they are going to find a way. I also feel bad for all the people who were in need of their medications and are now having to deal with pain.
out of your minds

Nitro, WV

#24 Mar 25, 2013
Excise me people but being old don't call for spec. treatment. I can name you over 6 elderly who sold or sells pain pills. I give no pitty to the elderly most are just as bad as younger people. Mary Alice weikle sold her pain pills to her grandson Michael and his dope headed friends like Gary kane then blamed it all on a girl who worked for her. Its sad this women lost her job for handing scrips out but she did it to herself. also the test is a blood test that shows what meds are in your system its like a drug test but its a screening to get your levels of the meds if you don't have that amount they expect to be in your blood they will kick you off the meds. that is why ms weikle don't get her pain pills she got because they was none in her blood. as i always say is you never know a person till a buyer opens their loose lips. I am one of michael's old friends who stayed around alot back when they was drug dealing with her pills.
idiots

Powellton, WV

#25 Mar 26, 2013
I am not defending nor critisizing her, but, she is not the only one that writes these scripts left and right. I went to a doctor for a while that everytime I had a headache gave me a shot and wrote me a script, when all I really wanted was to find out what was wrong with me. I then changed doctors and found that my back was out of line and this doctor manipulated my back and now I do not have headaches on a daily basis. Sometimes maybe doctors need to investigate why a person is having the pain and not just write them a script, escpecially if the meds are not working for their pain.
judged

Princeton, WV

#26 Mar 26, 2013
It we get rid of all the doctors who are writing out to many pain pills we won't have to many doctors to go to?
idiots

Powellton, WV

#27 Mar 26, 2013
I'm not saying to get rid of them. I am saying maybe before they start writing scripts they should investigate a reason the patient is having the problem to start with.
Show me the money

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#28 Mar 26, 2013
out of your minds wrote:
Excise me people but being old don't call for spec. treatment. I can name you over 6 elderly who sold or sells pain pills. I give no pitty to the elderly most are just as bad as younger people. Mary Alice weikle sold her pain pills to her grandson Michael and his dope headed friends like Gary kane then blamed it all on a girl who worked for her. Its sad this women lost her job for handing scrips out but she did it to herself. also the test is a blood test that shows what meds are in your system its like a drug test but its a screening to get your levels of the meds if you don't have that amount they expect to be in your blood they will kick you off the meds. that is why ms weikle don't get her pain pills she got because they was none in her blood. as i always say is you never know a person till a buyer opens their loose lips. I am one of michael's old friends who stayed around alot back when they was drug dealing with her pills.
What about the elderly who are reponsible,they need meds to function and stay independent out of the nursing homes and some even working.
Martin

Dublin, VA

#29 Mar 26, 2013
idiots wrote:
I am not defending nor critisizing her, but, she is not the only one that writes these scripts left and right. I went to a doctor for a while that everytime I had a headache gave me a shot and wrote me a script, when all I really wanted was to find out what was wrong with me. I then changed doctors and found that my back was out of line and this doctor manipulated my back and now I do not have headaches on a daily basis. Sometimes maybe doctors need to investigate why a person is having the pain and not just write them a script, escpecially if the meds are not working for their pain.
And here is part of the problem---many doctors don't know HOW to investigate what is really wrong. There is an even bigger issue here that isn't being addressed: the incompetent nature of many so-called "doctors" these days. Half of the student population at our local institution of medicine party like first-year freshman at a major university. Anyone can get the degree these days to "practice" medicine. Some may finish at the very bottom of their class, but they still "practice" nonetheless, not knowing what the hell they are doing. So write a script and send the patient on his way. We need tougher standards at the institutions, but that will never happen because they are like every other business, only about the money.
Lab tec

Princeton, WV

#30 Mar 26, 2013
out of your minds wrote:
Wrong urine drug screen will tell them everything they need to know. The state uses urine it's more accurate than blood, blood levels deminish faster in your system. Winters tested every visit, she had someone from the hospital do all the drug testing, some ppl have reasons for meds and dont abuse them, they take them the rt way and there is no problem. It's when someone screws up and causes problems for everyone. Not everyone who is wrote a narc script a druuggie, most are just trying to live a day without pain. I agree that there should be medical proof, a MRI, surgery , medical documented proof. Dr winters is a very good dr. And she cares and has compassion or her pts. I hope she opens up another office somewhere, I have never went to her but she s wonderful with her pts in the hospital. Good luck Abby, don't let this get to you,
idiots

Powellton, WV

#31 Mar 26, 2013
1. Martin I agree with you, there needs to be tougher standaards.
2. Lab Tech, since you know so much then you do know that the urine drug screen will only test for about ten drugs. There are certain drugs such as Opana's that are not included in that test. The person who posted about drug levels was correct. As you also should know this.
3. Lab tech I agree not everyone who is written a script is not a druggie but I also know that from her own mouth I heard her say onetime that if someone asks for pain medication that she would definitely write the script no if, ands, or buts about it.
Lab tec

Princeton, WV

#32 Mar 26, 2013
idiots wrote:
2. Lab Tech, since you know so much then you do know that the urine drug screen will only test for about ten drugs. There are certain drugs such as Opana's that are not included in that test. The person who posted about drug levels was correct. As you also should know this.
3. Lab tech I agree not everyone who is written a script is not a druggie but I also know that from her own mouth I heard her say onetime that if someone asks for pain medication that she would definitely write the script no if, ands, or buts about it.
you can ask for anything you want in a drug screen sent to a lab, I really doubt you heard her say that, too much liability in that remark to anyone. I know Abigail she is a fine doctor. Maybe she did write for some who really didn't need them. But there were many who she helped with their pain. If you really don't know her and her office then don't make remarks or statements about them. I'm sure we can't call everyone a drug person who went to her. Opanas who the he'll would want them any way. Only a person wanting to get high or a cancer pt. I agree, certain standards must be upheld. But to label everyone is just wrong.
Lab tec

Princeton, WV

#33 Mar 26, 2013
idiots wrote:
and by the way I do know so much, I have a degree in lab, not a thing you can tell me about lab work that I have not did. What's your degree? Four years of school is a long time not to know something,,,,,,,,,,
Mmhm bitch

Princeton, WV

#34 Mar 27, 2013
Opium for the masses!
Yea
Yay
Mmhm bitch

Princeton, WV

#35 Mar 27, 2013
Hey lab tech. is fentanyl detectable in drug tests?
1 post removed
Been there done that

Peterstown, WV

#37 Mar 27, 2013
Lmao wrote:
If you or your loved ones have a "legitimate" condition that warrants pain medication then go see another Doctor, if they won't prescribe high dosage pain medication then there is probably a good reason for it. Dr. Winters was a pill pusher with a medical degree, just another drug dealer.
walk a mlle in someone else's shoes, there are variying degrees of arthritis and pain, if you don't need the meds, good for you, but do not judge someone til you have been there. No doctor is immune to patients that gain prescriptions illegally. That is why it is hard to find a doctor that really understands just how much pain meds dictate how you live your life. No meds sometimes means you do nothing but stay in bed or in a chair. There are truly people that have pain everyday.
Been there done that

Peterstown, WV

#38 Mar 27, 2013
seriously wrote:
I didn't say arthritis wasn't painful. But the wOman i am talking about was getting opana 40 and never took one of them. If u need it and take it right then good 4 u. She was not, she was sellin them and a simple test by Dr winters would have shown that.
. Dr winters office does test. There are now docs that won't prescribe no matter what just because of patients that don't follow the rules. They practice in fear that maybe the next patient will cost them their practice. Not fair to patients that follow the rules. That happens with other things too, not just drugs.
Lmao

United States

#39 Mar 27, 2013
Been there done that wrote:
<quoted text> walk a mlle in someone else's shoes, there are variying degrees of arthritis and pain, if you don't need the meds, good for you, but do not judge someone til you have been there. No doctor is immune to patients that gain prescriptions illegally. That is why it is hard to find a doctor that really understands just how much pain meds dictate how you live your life. No meds sometimes means you do nothing but stay in bed or in a chair. There are truly people that have pain everyday.
Don't judge me!
Lab tec

Princeton, WV

#40 Mar 28, 2013
Mmhm bitch wrote:
Hey lab tech. is fentanyl detectable in drug tests?
sure is or the funeral home can look for it after you die,, shooting up that shit will def. Kill you. if ppl would just use meds for what they are written for and don't sell them, take them as prescribed, and not alter the drug itself we would be better off.
an honest patient

Buffalo, WV

#41 Apr 3, 2013
seriously wrote:
They should close all pain clinics too.
in 1990 I was praticly crushed by a piece of machinery. my leg and oppisite knee are deformed. I only used ben gay, tylenol, and hot soak's with epson salt for years, until 2007. My arthric injururies are almost to much to bare noedays, and I live alone with no one to help do house chores.

I didn' recieve no major med's, only percocet. It really helped me have a better quality of life. I'm not a comon criminal. I worked hard all my life and payed into the system.

I only sought help with my pain when I had no other choice. Now I have no doctor, have not been able to get accepted at he pain clinic. I'm a picure or example of the innocent law abideing citezen's that have done nothing to deserve this.

I guess now haveing pain makes you a outcast and a comon criminal; I know this area sure treats me that way. This issue is'nt as simple as black and white.

This country is going at this just like they are my guns. And you know what when there done robbing me of my guns; and have treated me like a criminal until I no longer can even see a doctor for my injuries. The junkies will still get free suringes over at the dhhr/fmrs and find there drugs on the street, and knowing this goverment they could probably go to mexico join a cartell and by my guns from some dirty boarder patrollman.

This country is going straight to hell, and if you thinks it's funny. Just wait ass hole your gonna get old and yuo'll get your chance to suffer a good long time, and when you ask for help they can treat you like some ex con.
Phaedra

Statts Mills, WV

#42 Apr 3, 2013
It's nearly criminal now to smoke or be overweight.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greenbriar hotel is a mess. 2 hr Really 10
Greenbrier east kids smoking at school 10 hr James 11
More idiots at lewisburg green space Sat Billy 7
Davis Stuart Nepotism and Scams Sat Bethany 60
Modified Inspection Stickers (Aug '13) Fri Ron 50
royal wedding May 18 hard 2 stop a Tra... 19
A.J. Fraizer INC/Hauling for Lowes Store Lewisb... May 17 Concerned 7

Lewisburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages