Do we need another Traffic Control

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lerwisburg Traffic

Huntington, WV

#1 Aug 7, 2012
Looks like another another traffic control light going up at the interstate/ God knows we don't need another traffic control dreamed up by the traffic engineers in Charleston Lewisburg can't get any worse.
needit

Lerona, WV

#2 Aug 7, 2012
Glad that light is going in. The congestion there is getting terrible. Towns with interstate traffic are having to get additional traffic lights to handle the flow.
traffic

Huntington, WV

#3 Aug 7, 2012
needit
Rupert, WV
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#22 hrs ago

Glad that light is going in. The congestion there is getting terrible. Towns with interstate traffic are having to get additional traffic lights to handle the flow.

Just tell me Just where are they going to put it only let it back up on the interstate bad move.
Brad Wesley

Lewisburg, WV

#4 Aug 7, 2012
Speed things up by slowing them down. This is laughable. What they need to do is add an offramp at Fairview Rd and create some cross streets between Fairview and 219. The town keeps getting built up and yet the infrastructure still dates from the 18th century.
Traffic Light

Huntington, WV

#5 Aug 7, 2012
Stupid Idea - Rich-lands is the only logical location to deal with the traffic problem.
scooby

United States

#6 Aug 7, 2012
They're building a road from 219 at Walmart to Fairview Road right now.
traffic

Huntington, WV

#7 Aug 7, 2012
scooby
United States
Reply »|Report Abuse| Judged |#654 min ago

They're building a road from 219 at Walmart to Fairview Road right now.

That crossover won't help the traffic problem going to and from Lewisburg, it's still going to funnel the traffic to and from down town lewisburg. It will help if there would be a serious problem on 219 south going into town,as a cross over-and outlet but traffic still has the same destination. This traffic light is a costly dumb move.
wowsers

United States

#8 Aug 7, 2012
I love when one of these threads pop up. I didn't know this area had so many traffic engineers..lmao! The best they could do would be to flip a coin on wich side of town gets their building torn down, make it 4 lanes, and raise the speed limt to 55.
partel

Lewisburg, WV

#9 Aug 8, 2012
3 lights within a quarter mile thats going to be a headache, what lewisburg needs to do is to ban all the pga parking at the fair ground and let the greenbrier park them cars on their property
scooby

United States

#10 Aug 8, 2012
With so many people that think they have the answers to all the problems, this area should be a friggin Utopia.
partel

Lewisburg, WV

#11 Aug 8, 2012
or mabe overflow fair traffic should be parked at the greenbrier?
Aint Gonna Happen

Princeton, WV

#12 Aug 8, 2012
Traffic Light wrote:
Stupid Idea - Rich-lands is the only logical location to deal with the traffic problem.
Well that ain't gonna happen as long as those 10 cent millionaires who have this place "land locked" out thata way have their say!
Aint Gonna Happen

Princeton, WV

#13 Aug 8, 2012
Lights ain't the problem! If they would synchronize those lights and let traffic move they would probably work. Instead, one light is green while the other just in sight up ahead is read! Ain't gonna work folks!~
Aint Gonna Happen

Princeton, WV

#14 Aug 8, 2012
"Red"! LOL Sorry! Guess I should synchronize my fat fingers!
As you can see

Lubbock, TX

#15 Aug 8, 2012
it looks like about 10-12 cars can fit between each light. And since they arent smart enough to turn off the light at the state road garage in low traffic times I feel sure they wont be smart enough to synchronize the 4 lights. Looks like Fairview will be getting alot more traffic. How about you guys upgrade that road to help ease congestion.
listen up

Princeton, WV

#16 Aug 8, 2012
When the PGA and the fair get going they should leave all lights on and let people travel whatever speed in with working lights NOT cops directing traffic. I know this isn't going to happen but it would be better than having damn blinking lights.
whooo

Oakvale, WV

#17 Aug 8, 2012
WHAT! That's the only time the pigs do any work!
Let them sweat it out like good little civil servants and let them know who the boss is when you pass them by.
lol

Bluefield, WV

#18 Aug 8, 2012
Traffic Light wrote:
I agree that Richlands is the best way to go with this traffic. even if its land-locked, the State can take it or make you sell it, If they want it bad enought they are going to take it , Tuckwillers or not !!!!
scooby

United States

#19 Aug 8, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text> I agree that Richlands is the best way to go with this traffic. even if its land-locked, the State can take it or make you sell it, If they want it bad enought they are going to take it , Tuckwillers or not !!!!
One of the construction options keeps the proposed interchange contained within the right of way that the state already owns. The landowners couldn't do much about it.
Traffic LIght

Princeton, WV

#20 Aug 8, 2012
whooo wrote:
WHAT! That's the only time the pigs do any work!
Let them sweat it out like good little civil servants and let them know who the boss is when you pass them by.
Thats funny! You gonna vent to one of them on your way home from your Taco Bell drive-thru job? U funny! Moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LGBT vigil Lewisburg 21 hr Hillary 2016 10
Chris Thompson (Mar '15) Fri My 2 cents 72
Charles Krafft Fri My 2 cents 3
going down like a stiff peter Thu wet and wild 1
Eric Kisamore (Jun '10) Jun 23 Jay wade 21
Divorce Lawyer needed/ need full child custody Jun 23 trumpdump 8
general lewis inn Jun 21 Squad seven 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages