shocking things at GEHS
LOL

Marlinton, WV

#21 Aug 6, 2012
my son learned to read at an early age. in kindergarten the teacher had him read to the class.
kids can be some of the meanest little shites on the planet. they will see a weakness and exploit it. make fun of someone because they have an odd name, or look different.
the first 2 years of his life we had no tv. he was exposed to it very little. i attribute this to his ability to pay attention and learn. although his behaviour changed a bit when he was in his maternal grandparents house a little too much and they loved using the tv as a babysitter.
television can ruin a childs ability to learn and behave and pay attention longer than 3 seconds.
stop using tv to teach your kids. "television, drug of a nation.........."
so that means

Culloden, WV

#22 Aug 6, 2012
computer, drug of ivan cales, along with booze, weed, and shytty lies
parent

Buffalo, WV

#23 Aug 6, 2012
I used to think that teachers didn't care, but after going in to discuss things with my child's teachers, I have found that most of them really do care and try very hard. What I found was that, suprise suprise, my child was blaming the teachers for his lack of work. I learned that my child was often sleepy in class and was often trying to text in class. He was very grouchy, and hateful to the teachers. After talking to my child I found that he was often staying up until the early morning hours either on the computer, or texting or both. I started taking his phone, ipod and laptop at about 10pm. His grades, attitude, everything changed. His teachers said he was much more pleasant and willing to work. He is in high school and I had to do this in order to get him to get enough sleep. If we want our children to be good students we have to at least insure that they get enought sleep at night. I know it sounds like a minor thing, but really it isn't. Just imagine if you only had 4 or 5 hours of sleep every night.
woth

Oak Hill, WV

#24 Aug 6, 2012
Babe wrote:
<quoted text>
There are somethings that can and should be taught at home. Like how to read a clock.
if i sit my child down an teach them things at home,,,i should be able to take it off my property taxes! am i right?

Since: Jul 12

Beckley WV

#25 Aug 6, 2012
woth wrote:
<quoted text>if i sit my child down an teach them things at home,,,i should be able to take it off my property taxes! am i right?
No its called parenting. If you dont want to take responsibility and do it dont have kids. Thats why kids dont have any morals anymore cause too many parents are just too lazy to teach their kids anything at all
LOL

Marlinton, WV

#26 Aug 6, 2012
and they start turning into wannabe kardashians and their heros are some character on a video game. "eyeroll"
carloss

Lerona, WV

#27 Aug 7, 2012
Really now, Who would want to be a teacher in today's world? Most retiring from teaching can't wait to get out.
Please

United States

#28 Aug 7, 2012
instead of blaming each other, why dont we work 2gether! parents need to be firm with their child that NO disrespect will be given to their teacher(s) and have weekly contact with their childs teacher, sports are great & important to/for our children but keeping them in practice 4-5 days per week till 9pm, on top of games, wear these kids out & it sometimes gives children the impression that its ok to skip the work as long as you are good at sports...and teachers should welcome info/questions from parents...and should have weekly contact with parents! the principal should make unannounced visits often into each teachers room to see/hear what is going on in the classroom!! we all have a part in our childrens education!! we all have things we need to improve!! teachers also need to realize each child person learns differently and have a class that supports all ways of learning! and teachers need to realize some of yjr children in their care have things going on in their life/at home that the child has NO control over!!i could go on and on...im just saying we all need to work on things so our children do get what they need and make our world a better place!!!!!
oh but yea

United States

#29 Aug 8, 2012
Truth be said....a lot of teachers are having sex with one another so why would you think they want to teach your child. There only there for one thing and one thing only

Since: Apr 09

Ronceverte, WV

#30 Aug 8, 2012
When I attended GEHS, if two guys were caught "holdng hands" it would be the last time they did it in public.
ladeda

Bluefield, WV

#31 Aug 8, 2012
parent wrote:
I used to think that teachers didn't care, but after going in to discuss things with my child's teachers, I have found that most of them really do care and try very hard. What I found was that, suprise suprise, my child was blaming the teachers for his lack of work. I learned that my child was often sleepy in class and was often trying to text in class. He was very grouchy, and hateful to the teachers. After talking to my child I found that he was often staying up until the early morning hours either on the computer, or texting or both. I started taking his phone, ipod and laptop at about 10pm. His grades, attitude, everything changed. His teachers said he was much more pleasant and willing to work. He is in high school and I had to do this in order to get him to get enough sleep. If we want our children to be good students we have to at least insure that they get enought sleep at night. I know it sounds like a minor thing, but really it isn't. Just imagine if you only had 4 or 5 hours of sleep every night.
Parent, you are wise. God gives us children and we are supposed to give them direction in every area of their life, starting at a very young age. Be involved in their life, don't just let them grow up any way they please and then expect them to be responsible adults. Give your children direction, love and support from the beginning. Your child might have teachers who aren't the best teachers in the world, but for the most part the teachers try, don't expect them to work miracles if you haven't given your children something to build on.
Right On

Princeton, WV

#32 Aug 8, 2012
DrinkyCrow wrote:
When I attended GEHS, if two guys were caught "holdng hands" it would be the last time they did it in public.
Amen to that, drinkycrow! Same here! Thats what closets are made for! Stay the hell in it!
Stupid queer, dicks are for chicks!
1 post removed
TheRedChameleon

Princeton, WV

#34 Aug 8, 2012
The teachers try teaching, trust me. But a solid 75% of the kids don't listen. The teachers are good, the students are douchebags. I'd also estimate that 3-4% of them do drugs fairly often.
TheRedChameleon

Princeton, WV

#35 Aug 8, 2012
LOL wrote:
and they start turning into wannabe kardashians and their heros are some character on a video game. "eyeroll"
And you've never thought of a book or movie character as a hero?
TheRedChameleon

Princeton, WV

#36 Aug 8, 2012
DrinkyCrow wrote:
I thought that would be WV in general.
Fly By

Princeton, WV

#37 Aug 8, 2012
Right On wrote:
<quoted text>Amen to that, drinkycrow! Same here! Thats what closets are made for! Stay the hell in it!
Stupid queer, dicks are for chicks!
Thats what is wrong with you Liberal screwballs anyway! Just looke at the "Judged" marks on this post! You all have forgotten what GOD intended for mankind and want to say that queers and lesbians are "alright!" NOT! I really feel sorry for you all on judgement day! That peter in your mouth ain't going to help you any. Just sayin!
Grandma

United States

#38 Aug 9, 2012
Amen to that.... It should start at home. If a parent doesn't teach a child the appropriate way to act at home, they are not going to act appropriately with others outside the home. Parents have to start stepping up to the plate and get their head out of their A... and stop blaming teachers and everyone else for the way their children act. I have grandchildren who are rude, disrespectful and disruptive in school, as well as home. They have a mom and dad who put their heads in the sand and A in the air and hope for the best instead of TEACHING. And NO, the dad wasn't raised that way. He was disciplined when he needed it. Bottom line, teaching begins AT HOME.
Blame yourself wrote:
How can you complain about what teachers are not teaching are kids. Most kids these days are rude and disrespectful and it disrupts the classes. Kids are supposed to learn how to cook, clean, read, write, act civilized in public, manage a household (bills). Quit whining and get your but involved in your kids future. Take the PC, phone, video games, cell phones and other crap away from your kid and teach them their future is in their own hands. If they want to learn they will. You don't teach your kids not to do drugs when they are handed a joint, you teach it from toddler age. If you instill the correct beliefs in your child then they will want more for their life. Teachers make very little, slightly over minimum wage. It would be hard to get paid crap to put up with low life hard asses that could come to school and kill them the next day. Kids are thugs these days. So sick of parents blaming anyone and everyone else for something their child is lacking in. It is your job!
tell me

Charleston, WV

#39 Aug 9, 2012
DrinkyCrow wrote:
Is your name kevin?
Ruthie

Bluefield, WV

#40 Aug 9, 2012
Teach your child morals. Teach them the basic readng, math, counting, spelling, etc. I did and my son is a straight A student. Then, get involved in the school. Take interest in the child's classwork and get your child involved in some extracurricular activity. Children need to be a part of their school and need to feel that they are special and their school is special. When your child decides what one or two activities interest them then you, as a parent, need to support that group with your time, energy, money or whatever. Help chaperone, help bake cookies for the bake sale, etc. If all parents would get involved then the schools would be a better place. Teach your child to respect the teachers, custodians, other students and school property. I think if kids were just taught respect then we would all be better off. It is your job to teach your child respect, responsibility .
BI-RESIDENT

Princeton, WV

#41 Oct 3, 2012
The main complaint I have with teachers is the way they dress. I am a Realtor and had a closing with two teachers from Clay County. Whene the young coach and elementary teachers walked in the bank. I was so startled to see the way they were dressed. He had on a very nice long sleeved shirt and tie, she was well dressed in a white outfit, very dressy. I exclaimed! do you always dress this way for class, they said yes, we have dress codes. I was so impressed, they reminded me of my teachers many, many years ago. I think teachers must dress professionaly to gain respect. I am not saying all teachers dress poorly, but I have seen my fair share of sloppy dressing in Greenbrier and Kanawha counties. I also agree home is where obedience starts, not in the classroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tudors biscuit world 14 hr peoplersick 24
Rebecca's Jewelry Box 14 hr inked 13
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 16 hr Go Blue Forever 1,384
Divorce Lawyer needed/ need full child custody 16 hr Joe 10
Gasoline Prices Tue Citizen 6
SHELL/Kroger Gas Stations (Feb '12) Jul 25 Eddie 11
food & friends Jul 24 Stan 6

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance