Yes, Over & Over

More Than I Can Express

Really Sick of the Stupid Shit

Not Really

No

Tired Of It

Lewisburg, WV

#1 Nov 30, 2008
Ok, someone out their prove to me that there are some good citizens in Greenbrier County left that just want to discuss good topics, such as the new eatin' place in Fairlea, or how impressed you are with someones Christmas decorations on their house. I think that the 40 or so people that post the 95% of the comments on here have nothing better to do than attempt to ruin someone else's life or lives. So, to the good people of this county, make your voice heard. Let the outside world that may look at this know that we are not a bunch of ignorant, uneducated persons that have nothing better to do than to spread some form of gossip all over the internet. And if you have good news, spread it here. If you have nothing better to do than post crap...take it to one of the gossip post!
Lloyd Christmas

Humble, TX

#2 Nov 30, 2008
I agree with you 100%, i would like to see something useful on this site. I think the Christmas decoration suggestion is a great idea. If you guys know of any niceley decorated homes around Greenbrier please let us know, it would make for a nice sightseeing ride some evening. Thanks and let's hope all the nonsense stops on here.
Grace and Peace

Marlinton, WV

#3 Nov 30, 2008
As we begin the Advent season and look forward to the birth of the Christ Child let us try to be more productive in our comments. There are so many more things in this world to worry about than the petty gossip that snakes its way around this site. Let us take time to remember how lucky we are to live in this great land of freedom. Our prayers go out to the people affected by the violence in India over the weekend.
On a lighter note, there used to be a house in Trout with some great decorations.
Tired Of It

Lewisburg, WV

#4 Nov 30, 2008
Lloyd Christmas wrote:
I agree with you 100%, i would like to see something useful on this site. I think the Christmas decoration suggestion is a great idea. If you guys know of any niceley decorated homes around Greenbrier please let us know, it would make for a nice sightseeing ride some evening. Thanks and let's hope all the nonsense stops on here.
Exactly. I love to travel around and look at the lights in Greenbrier Co. Some people in the county do a really great job of decorating in the Christmas spirit.

I also greatly enjoy a good Christmas Parade. For those that may be interested in the parades, here are some dates for the ones I am aware of.

Ronceverte - December 1st at 7
Alderson - December 5th, unk exact time
Lewisburg - December 6th at 1
Spa City - December 6th at 5 or 6
Rainelle - December 13th, early day, around noon i believe.

If you post here and know of another, spread the word!
Tired Of It

Lewisburg, WV

#5 Nov 30, 2008
Also, the Spa City is having a Snowman/Angel Contest...although I am not sure how well it is going to take off. There are a few up, the cut of date is supposed to be Monday.
justseenthem

Humble, TX

#6 Nov 30, 2008
that dowdy guy that past away in the spring of 08!im not for sure what his name was but he lived along 219 just before you come into ronceverte!i just went by his house and all of his christmas lights were on!his daughter has them turned on like he has always done!he would be very proud of her!
Lloyd Christmas

Lubbock, TX

#7 Nov 30, 2008
justseenthem wrote:
that dowdy guy that past away in the spring of 08!im not for sure what his name was but he lived along 219 just before you come into ronceverte!i just went by his house and all of his christmas lights were on!his daughter has them turned on like he has always done!he would be very proud of her!
Thanks, I will have to check that one out, nice to see the tradition continus!
Wonderful Family

United States

#8 Nov 30, 2008
justseenthem wrote:
The name is Rick Dowdy. Rita actually lives there, his widow. However they have been preparing for the season for awhile and after alot of hard work, I know he would be so proud.
Christmas Lights

United States

#9 Nov 30, 2008
Jim Justice had a beautiful light display last year. Havent seen any evidence of any so far this year.
Lloyd Christmas

Humble, TX

#10 Dec 1, 2008
Christmas Lights wrote:
Jim Justice had a beautiful light display last year. Havent seen any evidence of any so far this year.
I saw the Electric Company up there the other day, looks like he is preparing to start putting it up soon, lots of lights there no doubt!
Unofficial Judge

United States

#11 Dec 1, 2008
I love the Christmas lights we spend days driving to see all the lights. There is an interesting display in Rupert we found last year for the first time. We judge each house and there are several do's and don'ts in our book...here are a few examples....1. Do not mix color and white lights..big and small lights...flashing and non- flashing lights. 2. Do NOT have airlights..lights that do not touch anything except cord to cord. 3. Do not put Biblical and Comical characters. 4. In most cases one and only one blow up piece is necessary. Theses are just a few of our lights some of us break the rules in our own homes BUT that is ok watch out for the sticky notes... Glad the price of gas is down might be even more reason for "Judging"
xmas

United States

#12 Dec 1, 2008
Lloyd Christmas wrote:
i was told that several of the homes in wws were beautiful this year. one especially so right in the middle of town.
gossip

Lubbock, TX

#13 Dec 1, 2008
Why would you be talking about this..lets talk about who is sleeping with whom....what are you all doing, trying to ruin this site? come on now..this will not be tolertated any longer. If you can't talk about gossip and all then dont friggin POST!
Tired Of It

United States

#14 Dec 1, 2008
gossip wrote:
Why would you be talking about this..lets talk about who is sleeping with whom....what are you all doing, trying to ruin this site? come on now..this will not be tolertated any longer. If you can't talk about gossip and all then dont friggin POST!
If you don't like it, don't post here or read it! Some of us want nothing to do with the crap that is posted in the other blogs!
bump

Princeton, WV

#15 Oct 20, 2009
nope

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fifa coins 36 min qiji 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 1 hr SS Reichmarshall ... 4,255
09/17/17 19 hr Chris 2
FIFA 18 comfort trade coins 22 hr qiji 1
Girls liking girls Sun Stephen 8
Res care Sun Sparkle city 13
Black women can Sep 23 Buford 2

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance