Greenbrier East Basketball

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Focus on our youth

United States

#1 Nov 4, 2008
For many years Jerry Bradley has belittled our kids and we as parents have set back and watched this monster run free. Do you as parents not mind to watch your kids mentally abused? Would you let your neighbor or the person at your local grocery store talk to your youth like that? I bet the answer is HELL NO! So why do we let Jerry Bradley. Bimbo Coles I have watched interact with youth for many years. I think back to when he had his basketball camp those summers, kids loved him and he was ALWAYS positive. So why is Coles assisting Jerry Bradley? Help me to remember did Bimbo play for Miami Heat? Golden State Warriors? Atlanta Hawks? Cleveland Cavaliers? Boston Celtics? then back to Miami Heat? Is he not qualified. I believe those are 5 PROFESSIONAL teams. Where did Jerry play? I also think about how the less fortunate kids could benefit from Mr. Coles being there because I know he understands that because he was not a wealthy child coming up, he was brought up in single parent home. Bimbo had auctions when he had his camps and people had access to lots of Pro players memoribilla, which would bring in way more $ than some pies and they would have that for many years to cherish. Not to mention how the kids would learn a series of drills that Bimbo would teach them in a week during his camp, this was smaller children would learn so much in a WEEKs time from him, think what GEHS would be in a few months with Mr. Coles leading the team. Proud to have Mr. Coles working with the youth.

Since: Nov 08

Humble, TX

#2 Nov 4, 2008
I have been around East Athletics for many years, had kids attend basketball camps and play basketball for East. I don't think that you will find a person who cares more about his players both as players and what they will become as adults. I don't think that Focus on our youth really knows much about the East program and how is works. I have never witnessed a player being belittled, coached and taught yes belittled, no. From what I understand it was Jerry Bradley who asked Bimbo if he would like to become a part of the East Program. I would really wish that people would check all the facts.
Focus on our youth

United States

#3 Nov 4, 2008
Maybe did ask Bimbo,but why because he needs someone to get the kids to come out. The kids hate Jerry look at all the talent that plays rec sports but won't come to play at east why? Can you say Jerry Bradley? Bimbo is East best choice, there are other good coaches that fill those spots on the East Squad but Bradley is not it.

Since: Nov 08

Humble, TX

#4 Nov 4, 2008
Who is the talent. There is a big difference between Lewisburg rec. league and AAA ball.
Focus on our youth wrote:
Maybe did ask Bimbo,but why because he needs someone to get the kids to come out. The kids hate Jerry look at all the talent that plays rec sports but won't come to play at east why? Can you say Jerry Bradley? Bimbo is East best choice, there are other good coaches that fill those spots on the East Squad but Bradley is not it.
Might wanna fix it

Waynesboro, VA

#5 Nov 4, 2008
I agree with, LOVE EAST ATHLETICS!
I think that Jerry is a wonderful person, and an amazing influence on our youth! He is extremely intelligent, and probably more knowledgeable about the sport then Mr. Coles. He cares about the kids, not only on the court, but in the classroom as well. I just find it appalling anyone would make such horrid comments about him. He is a community leader, and we should be thankful to have him. He is an asset to the high-school, probably the only teacher on the staff that prepares his students for “real world experiences”. I believe he would make a wonderful administrator. I only hope that (Focus on our youth) thinks the next time before he/she speaks, or in this matter posts! I think that Mr. Coles has a lot to offer to the program, however, Mr. Bradley is the program! It is what it is today, because of him. Jerry, your doing an unbelievable job!(Focus on our youth), the only people he has to belittle is simpletons such as you! You’re the monster! Keep your ears, and eyes open because I am going to see to it that you’re taken care of!
East Basketball

Humble, TX

#6 Nov 4, 2008
Focus on your youth..did your kid get cut? haha
Know Facts

Humble, TX

#7 Nov 4, 2008
Jerry Bradley is a great guy, very happy my son played for him. Never had a better experience.
abc123

Hurricane, WV

#8 Nov 5, 2008
As for the rec league situation, all of the parents should be thankful for it especially if your child does not make the school team. there are A LOT of very talented kids that play rec league. I, for one know for a fact knowing that i am at the gym every saturday and sunday watching the games. Most kids or parents say they play rec league because of the coaches at East.
here we go

Hurricane, WV

#9 Nov 5, 2008
People really just make me so angry...If you don't like a coaches play calls fine, but why do people have to attack a person's character. I'm not saying that I have always agreed with the way Coach Bradley coached, but he has always been a very respectable person. Coaching high school athletics is tough. Every coach around this community is spoken of so horribly. Remember they are people trying to help kids getting very little in return!
here we go

Hurricane, WV

#10 Nov 5, 2008
Also: Some of those rec league players you speak of aren't even eligible to play high school ball because they don't have a 2.0 gpa. How about we get on their cases for that!
abc123

Humble, TX

#11 Nov 5, 2008
yes i do agree with you on that one "here we go" but about 5% don't have the grades to play high school ball and the rest of them do have the grades, just don't like the way the coaches are. I, for one like Coach Bradley, i'm not trying to put him down in any way.
East Basketball

Humble, TX

#12 Nov 5, 2008
Lets be honest. A lot of the boys who play in the rec. league play baseball and play fallball and workout in the winter. They do not want to spend the time it takes to play for the school, they would just rather just show and play...rec. league. We have good players playing for East, but we have had only 3-4 players in the last 20-30 years that have gone on to D1 or D2 Ball. And no matter how good the rec. league guys may be I don't think that we have D1 or even D2 players playing rec. league. The schools that we play that are AAA for the most part have 1 or more D1/D2 players on there team.
SpartanPlayer42

Lewisburg, WV

#13 Feb 5, 2009
I think that Bradley is s good coach and Bimbo is a very good basketball coach and teacher. The kids that play rec. league only play rec. because they don't want to put in the time to play for the Spartans
SpartanPlayer42

Lewisburg, WV

#14 Feb 5, 2009
This is Tyler Freeman and i play now
Bradley_is_the_s hit

Marlinton, WV

#15 Feb 11, 2009
Jerry bradley is a very good coach, and teacher. He's probably the most real person in that school/program!
wtf

Auburndale, FL

#16 Feb 11, 2009
SpartanPlayer42 wrote:
This is Tyler Freeman and i play now
currentplayer wrote:
All the players like bimbo so yall should shut the F up. An the Shhhhh person should shut the F up to because ever high school student has drank achool and yea some players like to party who cares there all great kids.
If you really are a current player quit drinking you dumb ass and stop posting on a web sight talking about the team. Thats what teams call a rat. It is also negative energy for your team to deal with. You need to stop reading this crap and tell your team mates the same. That would be a leadership skill. That lesson is free.
wtf

Auburndale, FL

#17 Feb 11, 2009
SpartanPlayer42 wrote:
This is Tyler Freeman and i play now
The same goes for you. You will be lucky if Coach Bradley doesn't suspend you for posting on here. I commend you for using your real name but get off the message boards.

Tell your teammates the same be a team leader
wtf

Auburndale, FL

#18 Feb 11, 2009
East Basketball wrote:
Lets be honest. A lot of the boys who play in the rec. league play baseball and play fallball and workout in the winter. They do not want to spend the time it takes to play for the school, they would just rather just show and play...rec. league. We have good players playing for East, but we have had only 3-4 players in the last 20-30 years that have gone on to D1 or D2 Ball. And no matter how good the rec. league guys may be I don't think that we have D1 or even D2 players playing rec. league. The schools that we play that are AAA for the most part have 1 or more D1/D2 players on there team.
NO CHANCE THEY HAVE ONE OR TWO D1 players on the team. This is stupid to think!!!! you might have 6 kids in the state in this years graduating class that play d1 ball
wtf

Auburndale, FL

#19 Feb 11, 2009
Look bottom line is the whole "the kids are better in Rec League" is a cop out!

If your kid was good enough to play varsity he would play varsity.

There are very very very few kids who are good enough to play with in a system and be one of the main players who don't play and most of those are because of grades.

Now stop kidding your self and tell your children if they want something in life they have to bust there butts to get it. Life is not handed to them. You as parents and a community need to do a better job preparing our youth for the REAL keep score world!!
JustMe

Princeton, WV

#20 Feb 11, 2009
Coach Bradley has been there for about 20 years, we all know that, Coach Coles is a great addition to the staff...WV State player or the year, VT Alumni, Olympic Medal holder, former NBA player..either way it will help out! I miss the days when they used to have to chain the doors shut, when the played a rival,like WWHS,then it was Stonewall Jackson, now Capital, etc! GEHS was always in the playoffs then..I watched the Nitro game the other night and they won by 40 points!Good luck GEHS make us all proud!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
one more time for CJB&G 57 min Trash 3
Lewisburg is a terrible place 1 hr LewisburgResident 16
Amara Lewis (Apr '14) 1 hr hum 9
mark maddy kelly myers lving on disability (Jan '14) 2 hr myopinion1981 13
drug court success or failure 4 hr No druggies 6
New Boss at ResCare 21 hr whats happening 9
Northern Greenbrier EMS Sold Out 22 hr Northern Gbr Co c... 13
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]