WTF Traffic in Lewisburg?

WTF Traffic in Lewisburg?

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

Terence Trent DArby

Princeton, WV

#1 Jun 9, 2012
I'm just wondering wtf is the deal with all the god da**ed traffic in Lewisburg? I mean, you can go toward wal-mart at practically any time of day and the road is jam packed with traffic! Doesn't anybody fuc**** work in this area? The best I can figure is that everybody is coming to town to spend their welfare and disability checks. Does anyone know where in the hell all of these people are going and what the f*** they're doing?
haha

Oakvale, WV

#2 Jun 9, 2012
It's Saturday!
Wondering

Waldorf, MD

#3 Jun 9, 2012
Home & Garden Tour, two farmers markets, yard sales, a flea, and it is Saturday. Suck it up, I did.
Wondering

Waldorf, MD

#4 Jun 9, 2012
Woops! A flea market.
Prince

United States

#5 Jun 9, 2012
Terence Trent DArby wrote:
I'm just wondering wtf is the deal with all the god da**ed traffic in Lewisburg? I mean, you can go toward wal-mart at practically any time of day and the road is jam packed with traffic! Doesn't anybody fuc**** work in this area? The best I can figure is that everybody is coming to town to spend their welfare and disability checks. Does anyone know where in the hell all of these people are going and what the f*** they're doing?
Question I have is what are doing driving there that you would know the traffic is so bad, do you not work?
wants to help

Hansford, WV

#6 Jun 9, 2012
And they just may be on their way to Ronceverte to attend the River Festival. Deal with it or stay home and keep your foul mouth shut.
citizen of Lewisburg

Hansford, WV

#7 Jun 9, 2012
this is to the first poster on this subject. There is no reason to take the Lord's name in vain over traffic. You should be ashamed of your self.
Terence Trent DArby

Princeton, WV

#8 Jun 10, 2012
haha wrote:
It's Saturday!
I'm not talking about just yesterday! I'm talking about EVERY day! Every fu***** day the road is jammed up!
Terence Trent DArby

Princeton, WV

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Prince wrote:
<quoted text> Question I have is what are doing driving there that you would know the traffic is so bad, do you not work?
I work on the road dumb***. But not all those people in traffic do. That's why I get so mad. All those friggin people get in my way! I've got things to do and they're out there burning up gas to go feed their faces in one of the local hog slopperies, or to go to wal-mart and buy some crap they don't even need I bet!
Terence Trent DArby

Princeton, WV

#10 Jun 10, 2012
wants to help wrote:
And they just may be on their way to Ronceverte to attend the River Festival. Deal with it or stay home and keep your foul mouth shut.
The only people who go to the river festival are redneck dumbas*** who shouldn't be out on the road to begin with since they probably can't even read road signs.
EMS

Poca, WV

#11 Jun 11, 2012
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I went to the River Festival, not because I'm a redneck dumb*ss as you called me, but because I was working and had to go there. Maybe if you have such a road rage issue you could find new employment. Just saying. And I'm pretty sure all of the families, small children and elderly people that I saw there, were not all redneck dumb*sses, as a matter of fact, I know they weren't, because my mother was there and a few others of my family, and none of them are redneck dumb*sses. So, your point has been proven wrong, next topic.
Wow

United States

#12 Jun 11, 2012
How about some anger management classes Terence? If you don't like it here, leave and don't come back. In case you haven't noticed, you are going down 219 which has every business that matters to people on it. Find another route and stop biotching...you are not the only driver on the road!
scooby

United States

#13 Jun 11, 2012
Terence Trent DArby wrote:
<quoted text>
I work on the road dumb***. But not all those people in traffic do. That's why I get so mad. All those friggin people get in my way! I've got things to do and they're out there burning up gas to go feed their faces in one of the local hog slopperies, or to go to wal-mart and buy some crap they don't even need I bet!
So, I guess that everyone else on the road is a dumbass except you? You have some issues.

Bug Ridge

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#14 Jun 11, 2012
His mommy wouldn't give him any.
Terence Trent DArby

Beckley, WV

#15 Jun 12, 2012
I'm just saying, how many people get off work at 2pm? Not that many right? So what the he** are so many people doing on the road at that time? I mean, even fast food joints don't usually have such crazy shifts so that people get off at 2pm. And every Friday the traffic is like doubled. Does everybody suddenly get off work on Fridays? I don't think so. No, I'll tell you what it is. What it is is that there are a few people working and everybody else is sitting around on their asses collecting checks. And a lot of those people running around at 2pm have new cars! To have a new car I'd think you'd have to have a pretty nice job, and most good jobs don't let you out of work at 2pm on a week day. You can't afford a new car if you work some shi* job at some store or restaurant.
Wow

United States

#16 Jun 12, 2012
Listen dipstick...there is one lane into LWG and one lane out. You do the math with the population density. If you want to bitch, don't take it out on the people, take it out on the builders of the road. What the hell are you the new traffic monitor? Also stop the BS about everybody on welfare. Obviously you must of missed the appointment you had with DHHR because of traffic! I have a great job which requires me to be in town often "in my new car"...
yea

Charleston, WV

#17 Jun 12, 2012
yea seriously,if traffic pi$$es u off so much why dont u just walk? people have places to go and people to see, yes, its summer time so there will be alot of traffic, deal with it. and btw not all rednecks are dumba$$es, and yea they can understand what sign is what they aren't blind. if you dont like traffic, keep your a$$ the f*ck home!
Terence Trent DArby

Beckley, WV

#18 Jun 13, 2012
Wow wrote:
Listen dipstick...there is one lane into LWG and one lane out. You do the math with the population density. If you want to bitch, don't take it out on the people, take it out on the builders of the road. What the hell are you the new traffic monitor? Also stop the BS about everybody on welfare. Obviously you must of missed the appointment you had with DHHR because of traffic! I have a great job which requires me to be in town often "in my new car"...
Listen dumba**, the population isn't "dense" around here. The population of the entire county is less than 36,000, and it's hardly changed in the last 20 years. And yet the traffic has increased exponentially! So you do the math tard. The only possible reason is that, with the rise of Wal-Mart et al., Lewisburg now draws in all the welfare riffraff from the surrounding countryside. Oh, I suppose you're going to tell me that there has been a tremendous increase in good jobs in that time period, and that's what draws people to town in the middle of the day. NOT!
Wow

United States

#19 Jun 13, 2012
Just stay home...

To get to Fairlea, Ronceverte, etc you have to drive through that area. AGAIN bitch at the road developers and stop bad mouthing the locals here.
Springer

Yawkey, WV

#20 Jul 11, 2012
If an interchange was built where Rte 60 passes under the interstate a few miles west of Lewisburg, that would curb some of the traffic issues. People (tourists especially) could take a scenic route into town.

A road could be built that would lead interstate traffic all the way from that [new] interchange and come out right at the hospital where that busy intersection is. This would be convenient for Ronceverte, and Fairlea residents but also for people coming from Union and Pickaway and the Fort Springs area. Ambulances coming from the West end could totally bypass all of Lewisburg traffic.

The Department of Highways really needs to start planning road enlargments or a bypass...SOMETHING! Lewisburg is growing and will continue to grow and it will end up like Beckley.

And on another note; why is our Wal Mart so small and pathetic for an area as large as it serves! It needs to be on a four lane boulevard somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart salon 1 hr Lisa 3
Doesn't Steve Bannon bother you? 5 hr Trainwreck 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr Missy 4,200
If you still have a Confederate flag 19 hr Trainstop 33
Removing Confederate statues 22 hr Trainwreck 66
We are being saved from Jim Justice Mon Justice for the p... 11
Hang out Mon Bigpapa88 5

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages