First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Docs biggest defender

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Jan 21, 2013
Let's get the facts straight SuzyQ. Dr. Tomlinson would have never sent your dog to Beckley or Virginia Tech if he thought it just had arthritis!! Dr. Tomlinson is a wonderful, caring doctor. If money was his main concern he definitely wouldn't have referred you to not one, but two different vet hospitals. Not every story has a happy ending and unfortunately yours doesn't. He has been good to you the past 14 years, and SuzyQ, you know this. We live in a small community with many small business owners and comments like yours could potentially be very harmful. So SuzyQ, the next time you feel the need to publicly slander someone's name, remember, what goes around comes around.
Vet_Tech_Courtne y

Charleston, WV

#22 Jan 21, 2013
First of all I would like to address those who have been on here defending Dr. Tomlinson, by thanking you from the bottom of my heart! Unfortunatly a friend of mine called me today to tell me about this post today and I must say...people never cease to amaze me!! I did not hide my name because I want everyone to know that I am one of Doc's Techs and have worked for him for almost 7 years. Aside from being a wonderful boss, Dr. Tomlinson is a great vet! I have seen him take on some of the most complex medical cases, even those that have had other vets scratching their heads, work through them, and figure them out. I have also seen him help countless people with his generosity. But aside from being a great vet, he is a good man. A few years ago I, myself was having health issues to the point that one busy day I blacked out at work. I awakened to Doc leaning over me trying to bring me back to consciousness. Clients continued to pour in the doors with their pets for their appts while he tended to me. I will never forget that day and I just wanted to share this story because the John Tomlinson I know, is not the John Tomlinson that is being portrayed in these aweful posts. As for you SuzyQ, I just can't seem to wrap my brain around your story, it just doesn't make sense to me. The fact that you were sent to Beckley and VA Tech only confirms his suspicions of a more complex diagnosis. The fact that it was a little too late doesn't make it his fault.
I agree

Princeton, WV

#23 Jan 21, 2013
Vet_Tech_Courtney wrote:
First of all I would like to address those who have been on here defending Dr. Tomlinson, by thanking you from the bottom of my heart! Unfortunatly a friend of mine called me today to tell me about this post today and I must say...people never cease to amaze me!! I did not hide my name because I want everyone to know that I am one of Doc's Techs and have worked for him for almost 7 years. Aside from being a wonderful boss, Dr. Tomlinson is a great vet! I have seen him take on some of the most complex medical cases, even those that have had other vets scratching their heads, work through them, and figure them out. I have also seen him help countless people with his generosity. But aside from being a great vet, he is a good man. A few years ago I, myself was having health issues to the point that one busy day I blacked out at work. I awakened to Doc leaning over me trying to bring me back to consciousness. Clients continued to pour in the doors with their pets for their appts while he tended to me. I will never forget that day and I just wanted to share this story because the John Tomlinson I know, is not the John Tomlinson that is being portrayed in these aweful posts. As for you SuzyQ, I just can't seem to wrap my brain around your story, it just doesn't make sense to me. The fact that you were sent to Beckley and VA Tech only confirms his suspicions of a more complex diagnosis. The fact that it was a little too late doesn't make it his fault.
I have known this man for a very long time & he is a good man & Dr.! He has been my vet for many years & I have never known him not to be professional in his job & as a family man.
thingsthatmakeyo ugohmm

Charleston, WV

#24 Jan 21, 2013
Suzyq wrote:
I hope everyone that reads this does not go to fairlea animal hospital and dr. John Tomlinson. He is not the vet I thought he was. He mis-diagnosed my dog and my dog paid the price with his life. You see my dog had cancer and dr. Tomlinson, Dr. Deal and Dr. Dillon of Beckley said he had arthritis. By the time I got him to Virginia tech, it was too late. Dr. Tomlinson is more concerned with money and his farm than the animals he swore to protect. I will never take any of my animals there again and I have been going there for 14 years. I hope the money was worth it doc.
Dr. Tomlinson is more concerned about money and his farm...sounds like a personal problem with the doctor. Perhaps theres more to this story than meets the eye. What does his farm have to do with him supposedly not being a good veterinarian?? And how the hell do you know about his $$$ and/or his farm. Please tell us my curiosity is killing me...lol
who knew

United States

#25 Jan 22, 2013
Ok, what about this...... Dr.Tomlinson is a terrific veterinarian,who on more than one occasion has gone above and beyond his job description..SuzyQ has experienced his kindness,but how quickly we tend to forget the good things people do for us..And really,if the BEST FRIEND you EVER had is a dog, what does that really say about you SuzyQ?? You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to harm Dr.Tomlinson's reputation. He is a great vet/person and I will stand behind him 100%!!!!!!
Langoley

Winchester, VA

#26 Jan 23, 2013
Rough times,it may be a food allergy.Try some with out corn or wheat.
norma

Princeton, WV

#27 Jan 23, 2013
use dawn dish detergent and a thin conditioner like VO5... it might help some.. I also lotioned my dogs stomach and groin area after a bath.
Rough times wrote:
I took my dog to him to get spayed, she went in a completely normal dog, came out an absolute distaster.... She has done nothing but itch! Can't be cured, been to every vet in the county and in the 2 Virginias... My dog is miserable now, and no one knows what is wrong with her. Nothing but scratching and itching since the day I picked her up! Tried every drug, steroids, creams, everything under the moon and sun to help her..spent thousands of dollars on drugs and experiments. Allergy testing clear to va tech... Lots of money, no cure.... She is miserable and so am I, thanks to him! What should've been a simple proceedure has been a total nightmare! 4 yrs Now! Have spent over $5000 to try and help her.. They say best thing to do is just put her down, but I can't! Thanks doc! i wouldn't recommend him EVER!
Ruff times

Princeton, WV

#28 Jan 23, 2013
^ see what I did there. Spending 5000 on an itchy dog. Seems excessive. Perhaps the pooch is allergic to you.
Rough times

Charleston, WV

#29 Jan 23, 2013
Thanks, Norma! Ruff times ^, right back at ya! It doesnt take much to spend that kind of money! Allergy testing alone cost $3000 which was a suggestion from the doc, trying to fix the problems he created....seems like all the vets want to gouge you these days....
Beware

Kinston, NC

#30 Jan 23, 2013
That new vet DONNA PIERCY is far worse than him,,,,,,
Concerned

Kinston, NC

#31 Jan 23, 2013
Beware of that new one Donna
PBnJ

United States

#32 Jan 24, 2013
My mother and I have been bringing our animal friends to Dr. Tomlinson for over a decade, the entire time we've lived in Greenbrier County. Our big kitty, who recently passed, was in and out of his office due to long standing bladder issues. Dr. Tomlinson became a trusted friend of ours. He is genuinely concerned about his patients, very knowledgable and when he enters the room there is a great calm about him that even the animals feel. And the rest of the staff are so sweet and friendly. To the OP, very sorry to hear of your pup, perhaps you are clouded with the grief of losing your furry buddy but I strongly disagree with what you said. I've recommended Dr. Tomlinson to many others and will continue to do so!
Really

United States

#33 Jan 24, 2013
First off i wouldnt trust to take my animals to anyone except for the vets and staff at Fairlea Animal Hospital! The entire staff at Fairlea Animal Hospital is very caring and intelligent!
Doctor Tomlinson and Doctor Piercy have saved my beloved furry friends many times ! For all of those of you that are so upset with Fairlea Animal Hospital...do we really not have anything better to with our time then to get on topix and degrade these great people???? Come on don't you think its time to grow up. This isn't high school.
mememe

Lewisburg, WV

#34 Oct 12, 2015
I have been very happy with the care i have received at Fairlea AH. The staff is great and they work well with our rescue. The hospital is very clean! Something that is very important to me. It smells clean. They will give you a tour so you can see the hospital area and boarding area. Their prices are in line with other vets in the area and they give our rescue a discount on spay/neuter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr loan 1,337
LGBT vigil Lewisburg Sat Hillary 2016 10
Chris Thompson (Mar '15) Fri My 2 cents 72
Charles Krafft Fri My 2 cents 3
going down like a stiff peter Thu wet and wild 1
Eric Kisamore (Jun '10) Jun 23 Jay wade 21
Divorce Lawyer needed/ need full child custody Jun 23 trumpdump 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages