First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Suzyq

Point Pleasant, WV

#1 Jan 17, 2013
I hope everyone that reads this does not go to fairlea animal hospital and dr. John Tomlinson. He is not the vet I thought he was. He mis-diagnosed my dog and my dog paid the price with his life. You see my dog had cancer and dr. Tomlinson, Dr. Deal and Dr. Dillon of Beckley said he had arthritis. By the time I got him to Virginia tech, it was too late. Dr. Tomlinson is more concerned with money and his farm than the animals he swore to protect. I will never take any of my animals there again and I have been going there for 14 years. I hope the money was worth it doc.
wtf

Princeton, WV

#2 Jan 17, 2013
seriously. he is a great vet. my pup had corona and almost died. tomlinson told me his chances were 40/60 living and my pup wasnt responding well to the treatment. under his care he made a full recovery. all doctors make a mistake. we are human. get over it but to come on here and slander someone, find something beyter to do with your time
snowbound

Stollings, WV

#3 Jan 17, 2013
Dr. John has gone out of his way to call and check on my dogs when they were sick. He is a great vet. Everyone makes mistakes. Dogs can't talk so diagnosis can be hard. All vets charge a lot. His prices are no more expensive than other vets in the area.
Hey now

United States

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Suzyq wrote:
I hope everyone that reads this does not go to fairlea animal hospital and dr. John Tomlinson. He is not the vet I thought he was. He mis-diagnosed my dog and my dog paid the price with his life. You see my dog had cancer and dr. Tomlinson, Dr. Deal and Dr. Dillon of Beckley said he had arthritis. By the time I got him to Virginia tech, it was too late. Dr. Tomlinson is more concerned with money and his farm than the animals he swore to protect. I will never take any of my animals there again and I have been going there for 14 years. I hope the money was worth it doc.
Go to the pound and get another one!
lol

United States

#5 Jan 17, 2013
Phawk the vet!
spreading the word

Princeton, WV

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Doc Tomlinson is wonderful vet! He has taken care of my animals for years!
Suzyq

Point Pleasant, WV

#7 Jan 17, 2013
Obviously you have never had a Bassett. Dr. Tomlinson started out as agreat vet but then hie became more interested in the money. Wtf go to hell. I have lots of things to do and one is letting people know the real truth about him. Twice my dogs have gotten injured and twice he would not respond. Have you spent thousands on your dogs? Probably not. This is not the first animal he didn't diagnose correctly. There have been 3 others. I gave another chance but no more! You may want to check the prices at the other vets also. His equipment is not up to date but he still charges the same price. I checked and he IS more expensive. Don't bother to respond anyone. I won't be back on here. I am grieving for the best friend I ever had.
Well

Parkersburg, WV

#8 Jan 17, 2013
I agree he is a great vet & nice guy! You wanted to bash him & title the topix in his name but yet you mentioned 2 other vets!! Sorry you lost your friend!
Dog Whisperer

United States

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Suzyq wrote:
Obviously you have never had a Bassett. Dr. Tomlinson started out as agreat vet but then hie became more interested in the money. Wtf go to hell. I have lots of things to do and one is letting people know the real truth about him. Twice my dogs have gotten injured and twice he would not respond. Have you spent thousands on your dogs? Probably not. This is not the first animal he didn't diagnose correctly. There have been 3 others. I gave another chance but no more! You may want to check the prices at the other vets also. His equipment is not up to date but he still charges the same price. I checked and he IS more expensive. Don't bother to respond anyone. I won't be back on here. I am grieving for the best friend I ever had.
Your Bassett actually hated you and begged Dr. Tomlinson to put it out of its misery!
trish

Summit, NJ

#10 Jan 17, 2013
Suzyq wrote:
Im confused "his equipment is not up to date but HE STILL CHARGES THE SAME PRICE. I checked and he IS more expensive" maybe I am retarded but which is it. Dumb ass stop hating because your stupidity killed your beat friend.
Shannon

United States

#11 Jan 19, 2013
We have been going to Fairlea Animal Hospital for over 30 years. I would never go to another vet. Vets are human and yes, they do make mistakes just like M.D.'S. No one is perfect. I believe they really care about animals and the office is super clean. I have friends who have dealt with other vets in the area - and they weren't happy with them.

I'm sorry about your dog - I recently lost my cat and I know how it feels to lose a furry friend but there are other animals out there who desperately need homes. You won't get anywhere bashing Dr. Tomlinson on Topix.
jackie

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 20, 2013
You all need to get your basic facts straight. John
SENIOR is a really good Vet, John JUNIOR absolutely shouldn't have his licence to practice. I'm sure the list of animals John JUNIOR has dispatched from this earth through non educated guesses is real long. He's a joke!
Good

United States

#13 Jan 20, 2013
jackie wrote:
You all need to get your basic facts straight. John
SENIOR is a really good Vet, John JUNIOR absolutely shouldn't have his licence to practice. I'm sure the list of animals John JUNIOR has dispatched from this earth through non educated guesses is real long. He's a joke!
Too many animals running around anyway!
wow

Spencer, WV

#14 Jan 20, 2013
Yes i absolutely agree senior is great vet jr however is all about money i no longer take my animals to him and ppl on hear acting like its not a big deal to loose your animal well it is they are family too you cannot just go out and replace them
The Richmond family

Princeton, WV

#15 Jan 20, 2013
What makes people think that it's okay to go in a public forum and say things about another person that can hurt them? Thanks to our modern lifestyle and technology, we can be little cowards and hide in the shadows of a user name that we come up with and don't have to be responsible for our actions. Dr. Tomlinson is a kind, caring, Christian man and a compassionate, educated doctor. My family has gone to him after leaving another vet in the area that we had gone to for 15+ years. He has provided excellent service with compassion and personal attention. When he feels things need to be explored, he presents his options and one of them may include VA Tech. It is a joint effort between the doctor and patient's family to come up with how best to treat them. Our dog has been a tough one to diagnose and it has been a long process of trying things that could help her. She is a happy, active dog thanks to him! My folks adopted a very sick cat who would have died had John not figured out what was going on (which ended up being a very rare parasite). That cat is healthy and happy today due to his taking the time and having the educated experience to draw from. Don't come on here and bash good people. If you have a problem and you feel so strongly about it, have the courage and character to discuss it with people face to face or over the phone, not in a public forum. Sorry for your loss.
Been There

Princeton, WV

#16 Jan 20, 2013
Doc John is the best!
I agree

Princeton, WV

#17 Jan 20, 2013
Been There wrote:
Doc John is the best!
He is the BEST!!
justsaying

Athens, WV

#18 Jan 20, 2013
Doesn't Jr. only deal with small animals? I've heard he no longer doctors farm animals or larger animals.
Rough times

Oceana, WV

#19 Jan 20, 2013
I took my dog to him to get spayed, she went in a completely normal dog, came out an absolute distaster.... She has done nothing but itch! Can't be cured, been to every vet in the county and in the 2 Virginias... My dog is miserable now, and no one knows what is wrong with her. Nothing but scratching and itching since the day I picked her up! Tried every drug, steroids, creams, everything under the moon and sun to help her..spent thousands of dollars on drugs and experiments. Allergy testing clear to va tech... Lots of money, no cure.... She is miserable and so am I, thanks to him! What should've been a simple proceedure has been a total nightmare! 4 yrs Now! Have spent over $5000 to try and help her.. They say best thing to do is just put her down, but I can't! Thanks doc! i wouldn't recommend him EVER!
Good

United States

#20 Jan 20, 2013
Rough times wrote:
I took my dog to him to get spayed, she went in a completely normal dog, came out an absolute distaster.... She has done nothing but itch! Can't be cured, been to every vet in the county and in the 2 Virginias... My dog is miserable now, and no one knows what is wrong with her. Nothing but scratching and itching since the day I picked her up! Tried every drug, steroids, creams, everything under the moon and sun to help her..spent thousands of dollars on drugs and experiments. Allergy testing clear to va tech... Lots of money, no cure.... She is miserable and so am I, thanks to him! What should've been a simple proceedure has been a total nightmare! 4 yrs Now! Have spent over $5000 to try and help her.. They say best thing to do is just put her down, but I can't! Thanks doc! i wouldn't recommend him EVER!
Put the old flea bag down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LGBT vigil Lewisburg 4 hr Hillary 2016 10
Chris Thompson (Mar '15) 13 hr My 2 cents 72
Charles Krafft Fri My 2 cents 3
going down like a stiff peter Thu wet and wild 1
Eric Kisamore (Jun '10) Thu Jay wade 21
Divorce Lawyer needed/ need full child custody Thu trumpdump 8
general lewis inn Jun 21 Squad seven 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages