Board of Education Election

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
huhmmm

Nitro, WV

#1 Mar 4, 2012
I heard today that Tina Dunbar is running for the BOE. Is this the same one that is Justice's assistant coach for the girls basketball team? Is this another way for Justice to get in and control the school system in Greenbrier County more than he already does?
yes

Nitro, WV

#2 Mar 5, 2012
Yes it is the same person and it is sickening. Justice is controlling everything around here, especially Greenbrier East and the Board of Ed.
WELL-PUT

Huntington, WV

#3 Mar 10, 2012
yes wrote:
Yes it is the same person and it is sickening. Justice is controlling everything around here, especially Greenbrier East and the Board of Ed.
It is already bad enough...if she gets in there, then look out. She has been around him so long she is just like him. All the board members are in JJ's back pocket but one and that is the one JJ wants out and his assistant put in. BAD CHOICE! What is this world coming to when even the board members are more interested in being in JJ's back pocket rather than being interested in the good of our kids at school and their education. Sick, just flat out sick!
Disappointed

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#4 Mar 14, 2012
I have known Tina for a long time and always thought she was a good person. I am just disappointed that she, a GE alum and former basketball player, would buy in to all this. Of course she's doing it for JJ, she's an interior designer, why else the sudden interest in education?!
yes

Nitro, WV

#5 Mar 14, 2012
Justice wants Hazel Reed out. That tells me she must be the only one worth two cents. If we want what is best for students we need to keep Hazel Reed on the board and Tina Dunbar far from it! I hope that all of these people that JJ has bought now find the money worth their reputations and the respect they had earned throughout their lives.
Old School GEHS

Princeton, WV

#6 Mar 14, 2012
I think the entire BOE and Justice are jokes! I can't beleive our tax dollars pay these morons and the Fat Bastard sits back and laughs at us!
sickntired

Huntington, WV

#7 Mar 17, 2012
I agree! JJ wants control over all. Hazel is the only one on the board of education that won't be bought. I'm so disappointed that Tina has jumped right in the back pocket of JJ. I just hope she doesn't take Hazel's place. That would be a shame. Seems as if the BOE is more concerned about keeping their noses brown instead of worrying about what is best for our children in the school system. This whole situation has just turned into a big snowball! Getting more and more out of control as each day goes by. Please Raleigh County, take the arrogant self absorbed man back...he, along with the people who have made the choice to live in his back pocket disgust me. It seems nothing can be done about it. I wish the community would come together and get this man out of here. He can take his cronies with him. What a shame....
Amos

Princeton, WV

#8 Mar 17, 2012
I do not think Hazel Reed is an advocate for Greenbrier County Schools, but that aside, who is hired as Superintendent will make a huge difference in Jim Justice's takeover of the company called "Greenbrier East".....I hope that it is someone who has opinions of their own on the entire county school system and not swayed by big monetary gifts to any one school.
sickntired

Huntington, WV

#9 Mar 17, 2012
Amos wrote:
I do not think Hazel Reed is an advocate for Greenbrier County Schools, but that aside, who is hired as Superintendent will make a huge difference in Jim Justice's takeover of the company called "Greenbrier East".....I hope that it is someone who has opinions of their own on the entire county school system and not swayed by big monetary gifts to any one school.
Very good point, Amos. I do agree with you on whoever is hired as Superintendent will make a very huge difference in jj's takeover of the company called "Greenbrier East" (very well put btw). I too, along with so many others, hope that someone who can stand their ground, and not be swayed by big monetary gifts gets the job as Superintendent. Is that possible? I can only pray because so many people I never would have expected have actually started drinking the kool-aid. How sad.
LWSBRG

Huntington, WV

#10 Mar 18, 2012
Toothman voted for Justice as coach & Dunbar is his assistant coach. That means I'm voting for Baldwin & Reed.
Oh No

Marlinton, WV

#11 Mar 18, 2012
sickntired wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good point, Amos. I do agree with you on whoever is hired as Superintendent will make a very huge difference in jj's takeover of the company called "Greenbrier East" (very well put btw). I too, along with so many others, hope that someone who can stand their ground, and not be swayed by big monetary gifts gets the job as Superintendent. Is that possible? I can only pray because so many people I never would have expected have actually started drinking the kool-aid. How sad.
I heard he was going for school superintendent, what a mess that will be! But thats what I am hearing around!
voter

Nitro, WV

#12 Mar 18, 2012
Let's be honest. If JJ can get most of the board members to allow him to do as he pleases, then he will have a say in who is hired as superintendent. It is a sad state of affairs when one man controls so much. The schools should be about our kids, not what glory Justice believes he can get out playing God. I don't know Hazel Reed, but I do know she has stood up against JJ when no one else would, so that makes her better than the rest. Tina Dunbar is just another one of his puppets.
voter

Nitro, WV

#13 Mar 18, 2012
Oh No wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard he was going for school superintendent, what a mess that will be! But thats what I am hearing around!
It wouldn't suprise me at all. Some people think he does everything out of the goodness of his heart. I have been close enough to know that that is not true. He has this issue of wanting to be seen as God. He wants people to look at him as if he has saved us, so the more power he can get, the more his ego is fed. We can't let it happen.
gehs class of 86

Lewisburg, WV

#14 Mar 18, 2012
anyone that would question tina dunbar"s run for board of education is just stupid,she would do a great job as a member of the board,she would do just as well as the people that are there now,maybe some new and fresh ideas for a change.
gehs class of 86

Lewisburg, WV

#15 Mar 18, 2012
further to try and blame jim justice for tina running for board is just plain stupid,all you folks that are complaining guess what??? you had a chance to run for board of education as well and did you???? NOT!!!!!!
voter

Nitro, WV

#16 Mar 18, 2012
She would bring whatever Justice tells her to bring!
sickntired

Huntington, WV

#17 Mar 18, 2012
gehs class of 86 wrote:
anyone that would question tina dunbar"s run for board of education is just stupid,she would do a great job as a member of the board,she would do just as well as the people that are there now,maybe some new and fresh ideas for a change.
What a JOKE! LOL
sickntired

Huntington, WV

#18 Mar 18, 2012
gehs class of 86 wrote:
further to try and blame jim justice for tina running for board is just plain stupid,all you folks that are complaining guess what??? you had a chance to run for board of education as well and did you???? NOT!!!!!!
You must be drinking the kool-aid too....or maybe trying....LOL
GEHS Class of 76

Marlinton, WV

#19 Mar 18, 2012
gehs class of 86 wrote:
Like they say you either are drinking the kool-aid, or kissing arse!
Which is it
sickntired

Huntington, WV

#20 Mar 18, 2012
GEHS Class of 76 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like they say you either are drinking the kool-aid, or kissing arse!
Which is it
I think a whole lot of both!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Taking nominations for village idiot of the year 5 hr Doritos and Mount... 8
GEHS Basketball (Apr '12) 7 hr Not 79
Who runs the county commission 11 hr changes 6
Lionel Garner (Oct '09) 15 hr lmao 64
Seyfl, the coaches (Nov '11) Thu Hot mess 7
hud Dec 18 Runway 7 6
Walmart Dec 18 Kim 8
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web