First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ursforever

Marlinton, WV

#1 Jul 25, 2012
This company is so shady. I wouldn't advise anybody to work here. Yes, they do pay better then other job's but it's not worth all the trouble. They lose employees like crazy. They treat the staff like shit and don't care. They will fire you for anything and don't have to have a good reason. Some of the individuals are awesome and you don't want to leave them but it's not worth the stupid bullshit you go through. No wonder they don't have union cause they would busy all the time.
Disgusted

Marlinton, WV

#2 Jul 25, 2012
A few years ago the union wanted Open Doors Employees to join and the two owners told employees they would close the place down if the union got in.Open Doors is not the same place it was a few years ago. Mainly because of the supervisors.When some of them got promoted it went to their heads.It was a nice place to work when Lyn P and Amber H was the ones in charge.
just me

Lewisburg, WV

#3 Jul 26, 2012
what kind of company is open doors and where is it located?
sooo jealous drama queens

United States

#4 Jul 26, 2012
If you're so concerned about supervision and firing...
Why don't u get an education so u can quit butt wiping and hatin on the ppl that tell u how to do your job?!?!
You only wanna cause problems for those who actually know how to do their job.
ursforever

United States

#5 Jul 26, 2012
IT's Where u take care of individuals with disabilities and it's located in lewisburg. Some of the people in the office are OK but then you have some that are a**holes that act like your stupid and don't know what your doing. Some do their jobs and then you have some that are scared of the individuals and let them get away with everything and it makes it harder or then others that do right.
maybe

United States

#6 Jul 26, 2012
Does eva still work there? I know that several people have worked there and always have had negative things to say and that if the state really knew what went on there that place wouldnt still be open. The turn over alone should tell you something about how the people are being takn care of. There is only few good ones left there and that is ashamed.
someone

United States

#7 Jul 27, 2012
This is a good company to work for... Yes there is some people in the office that r a**holes but that's at every job... The company really cares for there members and employees... U just r pissed bc u got fired bc u never came to work n they didn't put up with ur sh*t....
well

Kinston, NC

#8 Jul 28, 2012
If they care so much for their members, then why do they hire irresponsible people to care for them?
someone

United States

#9 Jul 28, 2012
Let me ask u a ? How do they know they're irresponsible??? When they pass a back round check and a driver license check n everything comes back good... They have good references... And they look good on paper... So how do u tell if a employee is irresponsible if they look good on paper.. u hire them.. right!!! Then the employee starts being irresponsible they get fired...
ursforever

United States

#10 Jul 29, 2012
Who got fired for not coming to work?
beebopping around

Sumerco, WV

#11 Jul 30, 2012
this is one of west virginia's many jobs from hell.
yup

Parkersburg, WV

#12 Jul 31, 2012
Open Doors needs to check out Chris Copeland's Facebook page. He is posting about his road rage. I hope he doesn't transport clients.
ursforever

United States

#13 Jul 31, 2012
This company does not care about their employees at all! I've heard plenty of people talk about this company so I had to check it out for myself,and they don't care. I've worked for better companies then this.
Chris Copeland

Princeton, WV

#14 Aug 1, 2012
@ yup. i see you like to get on here and run your mouth but dont have the guts to say who you are. yeah sure have at my facebook page, so fucking what? if you have nothing better to do than try and start drama, then maybe you need a better job where you wont have time to get on here and cause problems. my "road rage" is none of your business for one, for two, who the hell doesnt have road rage? those without sin may cast the first stone.....same thing. and i transport clients, and im a very freaking good employee and take what i do VERY SERIOUSLY!! i would never endanger a consumers life!!!! how about you worry about yourself and less about me. atleast i have the guts to talk on here and say who i am!! im CHRIS COPELAND who the hell are you!!?
Chris Copeland

Princeton, WV

#15 Aug 1, 2012
anyone can get online and change there name to talk a bunch of smack, but it takes a real man or woman to say who it really is. it sad that you people have nothing better to do with your time than get on here and talk shit and gossip. of course Open Doors has problems, but what business does not? i dont always agree with things that happen there, but its my job and i do what im told because its where i work and they pay the bills. the jobs easy and the pay isnt bad so wtf is everyones problem? the only job thats easier than this is sitting at home on your ass drawing welfare!! now come on people if this job puts you to these types of lows then its time to find another job. i love what i do, it gets to become very rewarding at times, plus all the overtime you want, whats not to like? any job you get, theres always some problems and bs you have to deal with, but thats life. you need to suck it up and do your job and go home...same as i. the internet and this site is designed for information, and topics (topix) it isnt meant to discuss work related stuff nor to hide your identity and talk shit. im a nice and quiet guy, i really am, but when im pissed i atleast have the guts to let you know who i am, and who said what.
Donna M

Peterstown, WV

#16 Aug 1, 2012
yup wrote:
Open Doors needs to check out Chris Copeland's Facebook page. He is posting about his road rage. I hope he doesn't transport clients.
I don't know who you are but Chris Copeland is one of the finest human beings I know. I'vebeen at Open Doors for almost 10 years and sure no place is perfect but i see what goes on in this community and how other companies work. I am proud to work at Open Doors and PROUDER to call Chris my friend .
QuitComplaining

Barboursville, WV

#17 Aug 1, 2012
Why all of the complaining? If you are such a loser that the best job that you can get is cleaning up after the mentally impaired then that is your own fault. I didn't even know what Open Doors is until I read this thread and don't know any of the people who work there are, but I do know that if that is the best job that you can get then you have reached the bottom of the barrel.

They don't pay good because you are a valued employee, they pay good because nobody wants to do the job. Just because you got the big head and think you are not replaceable doesn't mean that you know how to run the show.
curious

United States

#18 Aug 1, 2012
Why do y'all not drug test the employees? Retards are people too and have the right to be safe from drug abusers driving them around and caring for them.
Chris Copeland

Princeton, WV

#19 Aug 1, 2012
QuitComplaining wrote:
Why all of the complaining? If you are such a loser that the best job that you can get is cleaning up after the mentally impaired then that is your own fault. I didn't even know what Open Doors is until I read this thread and don't know any of the people who work there are, but I do know that if that is the best job that you can get then you have reached the bottom of the barrel.
They don't pay good because you are a valued employee, they pay good because nobody wants to do the job. Just because you got the big head and think you are not replaceable doesn't mean that you know how to run the show.
bottom of the barrel? noone wants to do it? if youve never worked in that field then dont talk about it because you have no clue what youre talking about. ive bailed hay, and worked in the meat dept slicing and dicing covered in blood, believe me this job is awesome compared to those.
Chris Copeland

Princeton, WV

#20 Aug 1, 2012
curious wrote:
Why do y'all not drug test the employees? Retards are people too and have the right to be safe from drug abusers driving them around and caring for them.
they do sometimes, if an employee acts suspicious, then im sure they would be tested. and "Retards?" dude you must have so many problems that im not gonna bother going there to try and get you to understand. if youre so intellectually challenged that you cant even help but to act dumb, then why the heck bother being "curious?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amanda Honakr Justen Dhaven 1 hr Smoot 1
Kelli Baker 5 hr Hmmm 1
Mayor Wont Resign 6 hr X factor 3
Dr. Mary Ann Mann 10 hr Knowledgeableobse... 1
Dr Heather Rose arrested on Christmas (Dec '10) 10 hr Knowledgeableobse... 4
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 11 hr RSM 4,088
chemtrails (Jan '14) 14 hr DHS 61

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance