Question

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

How is this not being violated in Greenbrier County?

http://www.wvssac.org/new_site/wvssac_website...

TITLE 127

LEGISLATIVE RULE

WEST VIRGINIA SECONDARY SCHOOL ACTIVITIES COMMISSION

SERIES 2

ATHLETICS, PROVISIONS GOVERNING ELIGIBILITY

§127-2-9. Undue Influence - Recruiting.

9.1. The use of influence by a person or group connected or not connected with the school to secure or retain a student for athletic participation is not permitted and may cause the student to be ineligible and may cause certain sanctions to be placed against the member school.

9.2. An employee of the school system shall not initiate any communication regarding athletic participation or enrollment with a student, parent of a student, guardian or family member, in person or through a third party prior to enrollment. This does not include the introduction of athletic programs to students at feeder schools during a school’s scheduling process.

9.3. A student, parent of a student, or guardian shall not be offered for the purpose of encouraging enrollment in a school or participation in an athletic program any inducement, such as free tuition, jobs, supplies, uniforms, other than that which is provided for all students.
no brainer

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Question wrote:
How is this not being violated in Greenbrier County?

http://www.wvssac.org/new_site/wvssac_website...

TITLE 127

LEGISLATIVE RULE

WEST VIRGINIA SECONDARY SCHOOL ACTIVITIES COMMISSION

SERIES 2

ATHLETICS, PROVISIONS GOVERNING ELIGIBILITY

§127-2-9. Undue Influence - Recruiting.

9.1. The use of influence by a person or group connected or not connected with the school to secure or retain a student for athletic participation is not permitted and may cause the student to be ineligible and may cause certain sanctions to be placed against the member school.

9.2. An employee of the school system shall not initiate any communication regarding athletic participation or enrollment with a student, parent of a student, guardian or family member, in person or through a third party prior to enrollment. This does not include the introduction of athletic programs to students at feeder schools during a schoolÂ’s scheduling process.

9.3. A student, parent of a student, or guardian shall not be offered for the purpose of encouraging enrollment in a school or participation in an athletic program any inducement, such as free tuition, jobs, supplies, uniforms, other than that which is provided for all students.
It is being violated. How? Money talks and Bull$&@#, well it rolls around in an office chair on wheels.
Question

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Who is responsible for enforcing the WVSSAC rules and who do they report to -- does anyone know? I have to think somewhere up the chain of command is a public employee of integrity. Naive of me, maybe.....
Suggestiont

Allensville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

I would recommend Barry Bruce. He is not afraid to tackle any situation. Or report it to the news, and the State School board at the same time an have the do an investigation into the matter. The law is the law and needs to be upheld. BTW- its their law.
eatmorebeef

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

Suggestiont wrote:
I would recommend Barry Bruce. He is not afraid to tackle any situation. Or report it to the news, and the State School board at the same time an have the do an investigation into the matter. The law is the law and needs to be upheld. BTW- its their law.
he's shadier than justice
Question

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

A private person going to a private lawyer is not the way to go, in my opinion.

Finding a person with both the authority and integrity to deal with this is the key and I do believe if one goes high up enough on the ladder, that person is there.
Suggestion

Allensville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

I would have to disagree an so would a lot of other people. You ( eat more beef ) must have been on the other side of Barry before to make a comment like that an be on the same side as Justice. Anyway, this isn't about Barry or Justice. This topic is about High School recruiting. Come on this is high school not college or professional sports. These local kids wait their whole life to play sport at Greenbrier East to have it taken away by ones selfish ways. Why in the world would a man of Such status want to coach both boys & girls basketball? It makes no sense!

The boys & girls that come from other areas to play here do not have the heart that the ones raised here do for Greenbrier East. I hope that things change soon because to many people are blinded by money and have lost focus on the real meaning of high school sports. Its amazing the influence one person can have and the damage that can be done form it.
wvu

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Judged:

If you read the entire code you will see that it is the principal's job to make sure that coaches are not violating the rule. Now we know the principal won't put his foot down. It would be a difficult task since his head is up big J's rear.
eatmorebeef

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Suggestion wrote:
I would have to disagree an so would a lot of other people. You ( eat more beef ) must have been on the other side of Barry before to make a comment like that an be on the same side as Justice. Anyway, this isn't about Barry or Justice. This topic is about High School recruiting. Come on this is high school not college or professional sports. These local kids wait their whole life to play sport at Greenbrier East to have it taken away by ones selfish ways. Why in the world would a man of Such status want to coach both boys & girls basketball? It makes no sense!

The boys & girls that come from other areas to play here do not have the heart that the ones raised here do for Greenbrier East. I hope that things change soon because to many people are blinded by money and have lost focus on the real meaning of high school sports. Its amazing the influence one person can have and the damage that can be done form it.
nope- just know of some unethical practices used in a prior school board issue
Question

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

wvu wrote:
If you read the entire code you will see that it is the principal's job to make sure that coaches are not violating the rule. Now we know the principal won't put his foot down. It would be a difficult task since his head is up big J's rear.
And the principal reports to.....? It doesn't end with the principal. Having written that, the WVSSAC website is oddly vague about Section 2. Hmmmm..... Some researching needs to be done. It may take many, many levels up to find someone without dirty fingers but I'd like to believe it can be done. Might as well try...
wvu

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

Well I believe the next step would be the county superintendent. After that it is up to the WVSSAC to investigate and to make sure all rules are being followed. The former superintendent was in with JJ as much as the principal so he wasn't going to do anything.
Question

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

wvu wrote:
Well I believe the next step would be the county superintendent. After that it is up to the WVSSAC to investigate and to make sure all rules are being followed. The former superintendent was in with JJ as much as the principal so he wasn't going to do anything.
And the WVSSAC reports to someone as well.... Thanks for the reply.
Suggestion

Colonial Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Question wrote:
<quoted text>
And the WVSSAC reports to someone as well.... Thanks for the reply.
That is why I think it is important to find an attorney that will get on board. This can't be done at the county level. To many afraid they won't get their free passes to the golf tournament this year. It may not hurt to try the ACLU as some of the kids civil rights may have been violated by this. The media is a great place to get started as no one wants to draw attention to this story as it will start to open the door to several peoples closets.
Pisces

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Everyone in Greenbrier county knows the rules are being broken. Something needs to be done about it. The evidence is there.
Watching You

Alderson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Let's see who"magically"moves to Greenbrier Co. next season.I think the "girls" that went back to where they came from on the basketball team saw the"Writing on the wall".
in his contract

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

If his employment contract says he may not violate the rules, and he does violate the rules, it is grounds for dismisal. His actions put his employer at risk of liability for negligence if he is continually permitted to break to rules. His employer needs to act, and fast, to mitigate potential damages. Otherwise they are partly liable for his rule-breaking violations.
eat more beef

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

in his contract wrote:
If his employment contract says he may not violate the rules, and he does violate the rules, it is grounds for dismisal. His actions put his employer at risk of liability for negligence if he is continually permitted to break to rules. His employer needs to act, and fast, to mitigate potential damages. Otherwise they are partly liable for his rule-breaking violations.
he owns the school- Bryant is on the payroll....won't happen
gehs 89

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

you people have no clue!! a bunch of dam fools!!! to begin he can hire anyone he wants to work at the greenbrier or any of his other businesses this is america,and if they have kids that play ball so be it.cant please you people if he wins you say he is violating rules,if he loses you want him out,it is the same with baseball,softball and football at east you want to win and if you dont you complain,if you do win they are playing the wrong people or they are recruiting players,really people just shut the hell up already bunch of whiny idiots!!!!!!!!! and just to stop this i dont work or know any of the coaches at east but i do know you people are never happy.just for the record the girls team this year had all local girls with 1 exception so please lets see did he play the wrong local kids.the football team had a terrible season let me guess fire the coach??? that has been the mentality!!! the band is bad let me guess fire the band director?? such idiots just plain and simple dam fools.
ayee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Judged:

point
Point

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

The point is that the WVSSAC legislative rule is being broken

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Lewisburg Forum right now

Search the Lewisburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How was your Maroon 5 concert experience? 2 min Potty mouth Adam 17
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 35 min Bunny Rabbitt 51,958
CHS Owners of GVMC 57 min Anom 1
New Movie Complex? 1 hr Fizzy 12
Rt 60 Car Wash 2 hr The Dude 29
daycares in lewisburg 13 hr Nasty 2
New Youth Hangout Cave 16 hr high rocks parent 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Lewisburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000