Cinema 8 in Lewisburg
tell me

Lewisburg, WV

#1 Oct 7, 2012
last I heard the Cinema 8 movie theater people have already purchased the land, and the Planning Commission still has issues with rezoning the property. And if the Planning Commission approves, then City Council will consider the zoning measure.
I'm pretty up to date with the issues, and the other thread about the theater has gone way off topic.
I'd love to see them open. Had they not already purchased that property, possibly they could have built farther North on 219 and avoided this.
Stranger with Candy

Marlinton, WV

#2 Oct 8, 2012
How long do you think the process is going to take for approval and to start building the theater?
tell me

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 Oct 8, 2012
I would guess several months, if at all, based on these things:
I think the Planning Commission only meets once a month.
The land had been considered for building a new fire department. Not sure what happened to that though. Also talk of needing that land later for more residential developments.(which isn't enough reason not to change the zoning in my opinion)

A connector road is being built between Fairview road and 219. Not sure where this is exactly. I'm rarely on Fairview road, but I know how it runs. saw that tidbit in the newspaper. First i've heard of any connector road being built and I don't know how that runs.

Stranger with candy

Marlinton, WV

#4 Oct 8, 2012
That's cool. I guess if the theater owners already purchased the land, a firehouse is out of the question for that spot. I wonder if they need a new firehouse in Lewisburg. It would be nice to have a new theater though. We definitely could use more bypass and connector roads.
tell me

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Oct 9, 2012
right, more bypass roads are good. I haven't heard anything about that road between Fairview and 219; I don't know where that road is being built. yeah, the firehouse is out, it was something mentioned in the newspaper that was new to me.
it would be nice to have a new theater. would the local economy and surrounding area support it? I think it could.
maybe the next commission meeting will shed new light on the topic. I haven't heard anything new about it but I sure am curious about any local "through-the-grapevine " news.
bought before approved

Winfield, WV

#6 Oct 10, 2012
Well, the fact the land was bought before rezoning is disappointing. I fear they've 'pigeon-holed' themselves now, and have no other options for location should this not be re-zoned. I understand it may have been a 'catch 22' situation, and they may have bought to show their commitment to the project ... but it will be a shame if it isn't approved.
so sad

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#7 Oct 10, 2012
How many of our young kids drive to Beckley every weekend to watch a good movie...Mine does and I worry unroll she is back home..
Stranger with candy

Dunmore, WV

#8 Oct 10, 2012
If anyone does find out any updates on the progress of the new theater; if you could post them, it would be greatly appreciated. With gas prices continuing to rise, we had better hope that we get the theater and maybe some other more modern conveniences locally. I don't like shopping at Walmart for everything. I really don't like shopping there at all. We could use a decent indoor shopping mall. It would bring jobs and revenue into the area. People that are opposed to change will start to realize that if Lewisburg doesn't start to expand, and grow, they are not going to be able to afford to drive to other areas for shopping and entertainment. If people on the council do vote against progressive development of a good nature, they are only hurting the citizens, and the economy of Lewisburg.
speaker

Rupert, WV

#9 Oct 10, 2012
Stranger with candy wrote:
If anyone does find out any updates on the progress of the new theater; if you could post them, it would be greatly appreciated. With gas prices continuing to rise, we had better hope that we get the theater and maybe some other more modern conveniences locally. I don't like shopping at Walmart for everything. I really don't like shopping there at all. We could use a decent indoor shopping mall. It would bring jobs and revenue into the area. People that are opposed to change will start to realize that if Lewisburg doesn't start to expand, and grow, they are not going to be able to afford to drive to other areas for shopping and entertainment. If people on the council do vote against progressive development of a good nature, they are only hurting the citizens, and the economy of Lewisburg.
Totally agree!!
tell me

Point Pleasant, WV

#10 Oct 10, 2012
bought before approved wrote:
Well, the fact the land was bought before rezoning is disappointing. I fear they've 'pigeon-holed' themselves now, and have no other options for location should this not be re-zoned. I understand it may have been a 'catch 22' situation, and they may have bought to show their commitment to the project ... but it will be a shame if it isn't approved.
that is also my fear...and maybe had they purchased property already zoned for commercial on the other side of the interstate they could be "moving dirt" now.
did you hear that they had to purchase the property, or that it was in their best interest to do so prior to getting Lewisburg approval?
just curious if that's being said or if it's just speculation.
thanks for the good post.
i love imax

Bronx, NY

#11 Oct 10, 2012
The hell with Lewisburg build it outside of city limits. Build it they will come "IMAX theatre" that is. Around Bowling Alley or near Airport? Somewhere?
Stranger with candy

Marlinton, WV

#12 Oct 10, 2012
tell me wrote:
<quoted text>
that is also my fear...and maybe had they purchased property already zoned for commercial on the other side of the interstate they could be "moving dirt" now.
did you hear that they had to purchase the property, or that it was in their best interest to do so prior to getting Lewisburg approval?
just curious if that's being said or if it's just speculation.
thanks for the good post.
I heard that they have not purchased the land yet. I'm sure if they keep getting a hard time they will just build the theater near the bowling alley or someplace else, like the intelligent person before me has stated.
foggy

Oakvale, WV

#13 Oct 11, 2012
i love imax wrote:
The hell with Lewisburg build it outside of city limits. Build it they will come "IMAX theatre" that is. Around Bowling Alley or near Airport? Somewhere?
Exactly!!Just build it. Tired of being behind the times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alfredos 42 min okherewego 5
New trooper? 1 hr Highway three 2
Bed bugs (Jan '11) 2 hr bacovabrat 15
Savanna Kaitlyn and ken mccoy 10 hr Brownie Brown 1
Partying/ being mature. 12 hr Drama drama drama 1
Missed Connection @ Wal Mart 15 hr Not Cool 5
Heritage not hate 20 hr Jerry the Satelli... 8
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE