First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Concerned Parent

Logan, WV

#1 Mar 7, 2013
Just wondering if anyone else had heard about this from their kids. Supposedly there was a fight at the school today, and there was talk of retaliation that involved the threat of killing and use of a gun. This according to my son, is the reason the high school will be on "lock down" tomorrow. Now, first and foremost I do not wish to cause a panic, as the subject of school shootings is every parents worst nightmare. But, I would be very upset and angry at the school system if what my has told me is true, and we as parents not notified. I pray that everything will go well and that hopefully, if true, these were just foolish words spoken by a kid upset about losing a fight.
parent

United States

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Mine will stay at home tomorrow..
voted for the wrong guy

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Mar 7, 2013
why do you idiots put mistruths on the internet,you should get arrested!! however if you feel there is any truth to this then i as a parent would be making a call to either 911 or the west virginia state police tonight so that they might have extra law enforcement at the school in the morning,but talking about it on topix doesnt help so please contact law enforcement like now tonight
Question

Princeton, WV

#4 Mar 7, 2013
Isn't a lockdown used after the kids are already at school? Wouldn't they just cancel?
lol

Princeton, WV

#5 Mar 7, 2013
My child told me ths today also.
concerned

Lewisburg, WV

#6 Mar 7, 2013
Who were the kids involved?
Truth

Princeton, WV

#7 Mar 7, 2013
I'm a student at east and i heard it today. I'm therefor not going to school tomorrow and writing a note with a parent signature saying I felt unsafe. Greenbrier east is on crack, they don't care about there students, you think they'd cancel school. The security guards are well aware I spoke to them today in public. You'd think the in love fat ass security guard would do something about it .
Truth

Princeton, WV

#8 Mar 7, 2013
concerned wrote:
Who were the kids involved?
There were many. More than a couple , lots . They're saying there afraid of it going to be a white and black thing. It all started as a white and black fight
Agree

Charleston, WV

#9 Mar 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
I'm a student at east and i heard it today. I'm therefor not going to school tomorrow and writing a note with a parent signature saying I felt unsafe. Greenbrier east is on crack, they don't care about there students, you think they'd cancel school. The security guards are well aware I spoke to them today in public. You'd think the in love fat ass security guard would do something about it .
your so right they don't do anything! I'm not going either, me being a student too. People keep saying don't worry about it but people are physco now a days!
student

United States

#10 Mar 7, 2013
Concerned Parent wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else had heard about this from their kids. Supposedly there was a fight at the school today, and there was talk of retaliation that involved the threat of killing and use of a gun. This according to my son, is the reason the high school will be on "lock down" tomorrow. Now, first and foremost I do not wish to cause a panic, as the subject of school shootings is every parents worst nightmare. But, I would be very upset and angry at the school system if what my has told me is true, and we as parents not notified. I pray that everything will go well and that hopefully, if true, these were just foolish words spoken by a kid upset about losing a fight.

So did you report it or are Students going To have to Go Tomorrow and not know whats going on?
Crazies

Alexandria, VA

#11 Mar 7, 2013
Everyone knows what is going on at that school. The kids make things no secret. They are worried so they've told their parents.
Truth

Princeton, WV

#12 Mar 7, 2013
The security guards know. They said. I wasn't the first to mention it o them.
parent

Princeton, WV

#13 Mar 7, 2013
Has anyone reported it????
parent

Princeton, WV

#14 Mar 7, 2013
To the police????
Ashley

Griffithsville, WV

#15 Mar 7, 2013
Has anyone called the police yet to report it?
Crazies

Alexandria, VA

#16 Mar 7, 2013
The police know.
notajudger

Danville, WV

#17 Mar 7, 2013
voted for the wrong guy wrote:
why do you idiots put mistruths on the internet,you should get arrested!! however if you feel there is any truth to this then i as a parent would be making a call to either 911 or the west virginia state police tonight so that they might have extra law enforcement at the school in the morning,but talking about it on topix doesnt help so please contact law enforcement like now tonight
Before u judge why don't you get ur facts straight! It is true.Now u can tell VOTED you r sorry.
New

United States

#18 Mar 7, 2013
This is very serious what are the police intending on doing? My kid will NOT be there!
New

United States

#19 Mar 7, 2013
We just called the state police in Lewisburg and they ARE aware of this situation.
student

United States

#20 Mar 7, 2013
this is stupid!! no one is bringing a gun to school!!!! you are all just talking shit about what someone might have thought they heard... anyone if you want to get them to cancel school anyway, be my guest!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Sports Bar in Lewisburg 1 hr The Dude 17
i cannot believe this is happening here 2 hr The Dude 124
Slow drivers on 219 lewisburg area 2 hr informant 8
Where can you buy raw milk in Greenbrier County? 3 hr bulk 4
Dakota Miller 3 hr tell it like it i... 5
House of delegates-Who gets your vote pick 2 10 hr Chartie 21
kayla ayers and her 70 year old pedifile boyfriend 18 hr locking my doors 2
Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match

Lewisburg Jobs