The new High School football coach

The new High School football coach

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
huh

United States

#1 Jul 28, 2010
This idiot is not making a good impression of any kind. I might think that dropping the F-bomb repeatedly in front of certain people might just get a sexual harrassment suit started. Keep running your mouth buddy. This isnt the military, its football. Pretty soon there wont be a team if you keep this stupidity up. You have to earn respect.
New Coach

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Jul 28, 2010
huh wrote:
This idiot is not making a good impression of any kind. I might think that dropping the F-bomb repeatedly in front of certain people might just get a sexual harrassment suit started. Keep running your mouth buddy. This isnt the military, its football. Pretty soon there wont be a team if you keep this stupidity up. You have to earn respect.
Is Teresa Moses the new coach at the high school this year? Just gonna have to tape her mouth shut.
concerned

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Jul 29, 2010
huh wrote:
This idiot is not making a good impression of any kind. I might think that dropping the F-bomb repeatedly in front of certain people might just get a sexual harrassment suit started. Keep running your mouth buddy. This isnt the military, its football. Pretty soon there wont be a team if you keep this stupidity up. You have to earn respect.
Is the new coach cursing on the football practice field in front of the students and their parent. If so, Stacey and Dukes needs to talk to him and stop this now before it gets worse. These young boys are still in high school not college. Coach Edens and Coach George NEVER cursed in front of their players. Was that not what cost Coach Mac his job several years ago.
from heree

Lewisburg, TN

#4 Jul 29, 2010
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the new coach cursing on the football practice field in front of the students and their parent. If so, Stacey and Dukes needs to talk to him and stop this now before it gets worse. These young boys are still in high school not college. Coach Edens and Coach George NEVER cursed in front of their players. Was that not what cost Coach Mac his job several years ago.
But this is MC. The question is: Will he win? That is all they seem to care about. All will be OK until he loses a few pride games.
old school

Decatur, GA

#5 Jul 29, 2010
Take it from someone who knows people on the Columbia Central staff, this guy LOST the state championship for them. I give him two seasons tops. Google his name, he's made more stops in his career than a school bus makes on its route. He was applying at 1A schools and they did not want him! MCHS got a real turd with this hire.
here we go again

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Jul 29, 2010
I just asked my son who plays on the football team if Coach Turchetta cursed alot.....his comment was "not as much as Coach Thomas but neither Coach was very bad or often".

I have heard a few comments about the Coach and just thought all you people who are being negative should remember that Turchetta was employed at Columbia State Community College and volunteer coached at central......also he was asked to apply for the job and was not exactly looking....I think MCHS got a great coach and has a great staff....look for improvement this year to set the tone for some impressive squads for years to come
Get Real

Columbia, TN

#7 Jul 30, 2010
huh wrote:
This idiot is not making a good impression of any kind. I might think that dropping the F-bomb repeatedly in front of certain people might just get a sexual harrassment suit started. Keep running your mouth buddy. This isnt the military, its football. Pretty soon there wont be a team if you keep this stupidity up. You have to earn respect.
That is what makes it interesting and fun to attend the local football games watching the coach give the other side and raffs a good Cussing, even some of the local spectators at times have been see too chime right in Part of the Marshall County School Mentality he should fit in real well.
Gimmee a break

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jul 30, 2010
I've heard nothing but good things about this man. One man doesn't cost a football team a championship. That takes a combined effort. Before all of you have him on death row at least give him a chance.
concerned

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Jul 30, 2010
Gimmee a break wrote:
I've heard nothing but good things about this man. One man doesn't cost a football team a championship. That takes a combined effort. Before all of you have him on death row at least give him a chance.
Still what I have heard has not been answered by anyone and its real simple. Has this coach been cursing on the field and in front of the young men(15 & 16 year olds)? If so, then the administration should call him in and tell him that it needs to stop, he doesn't need to be fired for this single incident. If he has been cursing AT A PLAYER, then he needs to be given his walking papers. Winning isn't the most important life lesson taught by playing sports.
you wrong

Pinola, MS

#10 Jul 31, 2010
when did you play under Edens:? He cursed every player... especially the little colored boys.
i know

United States

#11 Jul 31, 2010
Edens is a bigot.
lo down

Columbia, TN

#12 Aug 1, 2010
The 1987 coach at connelly middle school (look it up) cussed me and my team members all the time. Maybe we need to teach our kids that everything isn't sunshine and rainbows. Like 15 and 16 year don't say the occasional word! Get real.
you wrong

Pinola, MS

#13 Aug 1, 2010
i never knew a coach (imperfect person) not to curse.
it will not be the only time the children will be cursed.
who

Nashville, TN

#14 Aug 1, 2010
lo down wrote:
The 1987 coach at connelly middle school (look it up) cussed me and my team members all the time. Maybe we need to teach our kids that everything isn't sunshine and rainbows. Like 15 and 16 year don't say the occasional word! Get real.
Was it R.S.? I even heard that he threw books and erasers at his students in class but never believed it.
lo down

Columbia, TN

#15 Aug 1, 2010
yep he did,but he was a great coach.lol

Since: Aug 10

United States

#16 Aug 6, 2010
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the new coach cursing on the football practice field in front of the students and their parent. If so, Stacey and Dukes needs to talk to him and stop this now before it gets worse. These young boys are still in high school not college. Coach Edens and Coach George NEVER cursed in front of their players. Was that not what cost Coach Mac his job several years ago.
How do you know Edens and George never cursed the players? Were you there? I believe the new coach is going to do a fine job here and teach these boys discipline, unlike prior coaches that "turned their heads" when they knew the boys were doing things they shouldn't have. Football is a tough sport, all I have to say is its about time they "MAN UP" or take it to the house.
mother

Murfreesboro, TN

#17 Oct 18, 2010
getalifeanyway wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know Edens and George never cursed the players? Were you there? I believe the new coach is going to do a fine job here and teach these boys discipline, unlike prior coaches that "turned their heads" when they knew the boys were doing things they shouldn't have. Football is a tough sport, all I have to say is its about time they "MAN UP" or take it to the house.
that is right life is not perfect everyone will be cussed at one point. My husband was by a peewee coach .I think people are also taking it out of content . everyone slips before they think. Personally I think the coaches are great and are bringing good things to the kids . Lets just let the coaches do there job and see how it goes. I know I am they are the coaches and when my son is home family is the role model . parents have to teach their children how to act. coaches teach them football.

good luck coaches and tigers !!
teen17

United States

#18 Oct 18, 2010
Forget all this bs bout this coach! What is the punishment for the bunch of kids who fought and ran from the police at the powder puff game?? They got nthing! Shonda Sparrow told them to run and Keith Stacey gave them nothing. BS!!!
mother

Joelton, TN

#20 Oct 28, 2010
well football is not everything if your child would have good grades he can get in just the same as football. GPA , ACT test scores is the big key to full rides.
I know we all think our kids are angels but they have to do more than play football. so many people will always point out the bad but what about all the good the coaches are doing. i have seen and know the good. i also know if you half a** then naw you may not play . but again thats our angels. i just back my kid with the grades and so on. i leave the football up to the coaches.

i was told by a wise man you have to do your job you can not let the parents. sports and school..

so we do our job with our kids and let them do theirs. oh and why you on here blasting them look in your closet first..

keep up the good work coaches !!!
papi

Springboro, OH

#21 Oct 30, 2010
These coaches have gotta learn how to do a good job, cause they have lost all the faith in there junior and seniors and watch and see how those stars of his do this friday night ,see in order to lead a team to victory you have to lead by example not buy how much money some of these moms put im the qb club so that their child can start its called being an ass kisser .and if these kids were any good like our seniors there moms wouldn't have to put so much effort and hard earned money in the qb club so that there.unathletic children can play! Wake up lady you have no clue your just another joke also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump, YOUR FIRED! 3 hr Ya realy 10
Men who share? 3 hr Ya realy 12
Freezing children Fri U R an idiot 11
Vanderpunk Thu Vols 2
Trump the Lyin' King Jan 18 Dump Trump 8
They're coming for Trump Jan 18 Bored with dummies 90
Poll Best furniture store in Lewisburg? (Sep '08) Jan 18 Frozen 15

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages