#1 Aug 14, 2012
Has anyone heard anything?

123pictures

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#2 Aug 14, 2012
Hawthorne wrote:
Has anyone heard anything?
PASSED AND CH17,FOX WAS THERE.CASHIER GUY AT WAl-MART SAID ALL CHANNELS WERE THERE.
WAS HE ELDERLY,HAROLD WILKES STEPFATHER??
POlice there about 11:30.
Hawthorne

United States

#3 Aug 14, 2012
Heard it was being " investigated"
Flash

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Aug 14, 2012
According to a family member, this is being investigated as a homicide. Reports say that the victim, John Poteete was murdered and his house set on fire. Terrible news.
sad situation

United States

#5 Aug 14, 2012
I hope this isn't another victim of lewisburg slumlords getting away with murder. I seen one with a familiar face standing outside with investigators. My condolences and prayers go out to friends and family of the deceased.
Hawthorne

Socorro, NM

#6 Aug 14, 2012
So sad, such a nice man

Since: Jan 08

Lewisburg

#7 Aug 14, 2012
So sad. John was always such a nice man. My prayers go out to his family.
mrsbrown

Lawrenceburg, TN

#8 Aug 14, 2012
I am not blood to John but im married to his great nephew. Also my mother in law is his best friend. he was also my land lord for a year. the cops are telling the faimly it was murder. if anyone has any information please contact the police. thank you for your thoughts and prayers. the family
appreciates it.
RIPJohn

Columbia, TN

#9 Aug 14, 2012
My prayers go out to his family and friends and I also pray they catch who did this and fry em.
Jason Poteete

United States

#10 Aug 14, 2012
We are all very upset at this moment. Thank you all for your well wishes. It is a very difficult time right now. My 86 Grandmother is having to bury a child and siblings are having to bury there brother. Please be with us though this difficult time. Any Prayers and thoughts are so kind .If who so ever posted this would remove it, our family would greatly appreciated your kindness.
Thank you,
Jason
You need to request

Lawrenceburg, TN

#11 Aug 15, 2012
Jason Poteete wrote:
We are all very upset at this moment. Thank you all for your well wishes. It is a very difficult time right now. My 86 Grandmother is having to bury a child and siblings are having to bury there brother. Please be with us though this difficult time. Any Prayers and thoughts are so kind .If who so ever posted this would remove it, our family would greatly appreciated your kindness.
Thank you,
Jason
Posters cannot remove their own posts. You can however use the contact links to request Topix remove the Topic.
L Galvan

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Aug 15, 2012
John will be greatly missed. RIP Cousin.
Donna

Antioch, TN

#13 Aug 15, 2012
John was one of the sweetest people around! Would bring me lunch at work just to talk. RIP my dear dear friend...
family

United States

#14 Aug 16, 2012
John Homer was our loving family member. We have lost part of hearts. The people who did this has destroyed our lives forever. It will never be the same. Apparently, the killer didnt know the Poteete family good enough. We are determine people when it comes to family and will never let it go unsolved. We have good idea who are responsible. John Homer we love u so very much. I wil miss ur hugs and u always telling me u love me. U deserved so much more n life. I love u.
wow

Columbia, TN

#15 Aug 18, 2012
so i se heather rodgers cculum s been charged, wnder if her oldman helped her
Thoughts

Lewisburg, TN

#16 Aug 18, 2012
Im assuming the arrest of Heather Renee McCollum age 22 of Lewisburg is related to this terrible situation? If it is, Im glad it didnt take long to find the suspect. My thoughts are with the Poteet Family in this troublng time.
Thoughts

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Aug 18, 2012
wow wrote:
so i se heather rodgers cculum s been charged, wnder if her oldman helped her
Whos is her old man?
RIP John

Columbia, TN

#18 Aug 18, 2012
I know Heather (Rogers) McCullum is a druggie. She was busted back awhile ago for tenncare fraud. I hope she fries. Marshall Tribune says she confessed to the crime.

My prayers still go out to John's family and friends.
Stayed Tuned

United States

#19 Aug 18, 2012
Remember there is always 2 sides to every story... There are too many missing details in this story
Confession

Columbia, TN

#20 Aug 18, 2012
Stayed Tuned wrote:
Remember there is always 2 sides to every story... There are too many missing details in this story
She confessed to the crime..stated she stabbed him and poured gas on him etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Starlite Cafe 6 hr Grapple 11
What's yalls opinion on black males dating whit... 7 hr Observer 8
Mchs and drugs Wed Guyfiddlesticks 19
Lewisburg is for such losers (Sep '15) Tue Ckort92 20
Anyone interested in combat sports Tue Ckort92 1
Tommy Lawell Home Construction: any comments? Tue lewisburgnottobad 1
dirt cheap May 3 Matter of fact 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages