What is that Sewer Smell on the By Pass

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sewer Smelll

Nashville, TN

#1 Jun 11, 2010
Does the Water Department want a rate increase as to fund and build a large holding sewer tank instead of fixing the problem as to the open sewer lines extra water get in lines during flood?

Better ask the Restaurants along the by pass what that may do to their business as to the extra added sewer smell!
A large holding tank is not the answer but better sealed sewer lines!

And a Rate Decrease!
Tennesseeox

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Jun 11, 2010
How do you expect to get either new lines or massive maintainance and a rate decrease? That makes absolutely no sense.
Sewer Smelll

Columbia, TN

#3 Jun 11, 2010
Tennesseeox wrote:
How do you expect to get either new lines or massive maintainance and a rate decrease? That makes absolutely no sense.
For it will take allot less rate payer money to inspect and disconnect the gutter drain connections as well as the stinking leaking dump connection if it is still hooked up than build a holding tank or a new sewer plant!

It stinks at times over on the by pass and at the residential area North of Town real bad even now at times just think what it may stink like with a bigger holding tank!

Another thing if the County was willing give the whole City Water Department, Debt and all to the County and combine both as the results!

Cut the costs of duplication of 2 water departments, even combine Chapel Hills have one water Department for the Whole County Consolidate Debt, service, Costs into one County wide Department, reduce the rates!
tre

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2010
it's shit creek! you know that friend..
Oh dont tell me that

Columbia, TN

#5 Jun 11, 2010
tre wrote:
it's shit creek! you know that friend..
And all this time I though it was the Sh$$ Department, causing that clean creek to Stink!
Are you sure that the smell is not coming from the sewer plant sludge some say is being loaded, hauled, dumped and spread on some local farmland is that even legal do any have EPA approval wonder what hazardous chemicals are in that sewer sludge and whose land it is spread on?
Grandparent

United States

#6 Jun 11, 2010
Oh dont tell me that wrote:
<quoted text>
And all this time I though it was the Sh$$ Department, causing that clean creek to Stink!
Are you sure that the smell is not coming from the sewer plant sludge some say is being loaded, hauled, dumped and spread on some local farmland is that even legal do any have EPA approval wonder what hazardous chemicals are in that sewer sludge and whose land it is spread on?
If where the sludge goes is so important, why don't you volunteer your yard for them to dump it. Do you really think they are stupid enough to ignore EPA regulations? You act like no one in city or county government is capable of doing the right thing and following regulations. Plenty are smarter than you or me.
Drill Baby Drill

Columbia, TN

#7 Jun 11, 2010
Grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>
If where the sludge goes is so important, why don't you volunteer your yard for them to dump it. Do you really think they are stupid enough to ignore EPA regulations? You act like no one in city or county government is capable of doing the right thing and following regulations. Plenty are smarter than you or me.
They could not pay me enough to allow city sewer sludge to be dumped on my land I love Gods land, animals, and the environment!

Well my dear you are so trust worthy read up on city sewer sludge it should be disposed of in a proper landfill not on farm land where growing crops and raising cattle land just think lead and other chemicals follows the food chain.
I am not very smart but am smarter enough to know that city sewer sludge contains all kinds of dangerous hazardous toxic chemical residues and to spread that on a persons land those chemicals will reside there in the soil absorb in the vegetation and follow the food chain.

I know some men's and governments greed too look at the Gulf Oil spill, Drill baby drill can our children live on toxic land and oceans full of oil?
Grandparent LooK

Columbia, TN

#8 Jun 11, 2010
Grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on the type of sewage sludge, heat dried Class A, semi-dry Class A or B, or wet Class B, there could be
up to 2 million fecal coliform bacteria per gram of weight which is used as an indicator of the known and unknown
bacteria, viruses , parasites (worms), and fungi in sewage sludge which can cause every type of disease known to
mankind. The worms can get in the stomach, heart and brain. All of the sludge Classes could have unknown
quantities of the 275 toxic priority pollutants which EPA warns could cause death, disease, cancer, as well as physical
and mental problems and genetic defects in children when exposure is either direct or indirect through the food-chain
Grandparent

Spencer, WV

#9 Jun 11, 2010
Grandparent LooK wrote:
<quoted text>
Depending on the type of sewage sludge, heat dried Class A, semi-dry Class A or B, or wet Class B, there could be
up to 2 million fecal coliform bacteria per gram of weight which is used as an indicator of the known and unknown
bacteria, viruses , parasites (worms), and fungi in sewage sludge which can cause every type of disease known to
mankind. The worms can get in the stomach, heart and brain. All of the sludge Classes could have unknown
quantities of the 275 toxic priority pollutants which EPA warns could cause death, disease, cancer, as well as physical
and mental problems and genetic defects in children when exposure is either direct or indirect through the food-chain
I didn't ask for any of this. I simply said I TRUST the local officials to handle the situation. If they can't, then fire them.
engineer

Newark, DE

#10 Jun 11, 2010
have tank trucks suck it up and put it on the whitehouse lawn with all of the other stinking shit that lives there.
Grandparent LooK

Columbia, TN

#11 Jun 12, 2010
Grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for any of this. I simply said I TRUST the local officials to handle the situation. If they can't, then fire them.
I care about all of us, our health and tax dollars and as to trust the local officials to handle situations, well all you got to do is look at that Department as to it's past and present management how it is and was managed, Major taxpayer Debt, buying out another's cities broke with problems water department like Cornersville, expanding city taxpayer water lines miles into the County, past derogative, derivatives deals itís past manager seem to have got the city into, and now wants to raise water and sewer rates as to build a holding sewer tank and some say $15, million dollar new sewer plant, that may create more of a problem than it will solve yet still not solve the problem of leaking sewer lines, well it seems it is time to stop trusting and start looking how to stop them from Bankrupting this Town!
As to spreading all that City Sewer Sludge on lots of area farms do you really think they or the farmers know the real danger?
Grandparent

United States

#12 Jun 12, 2010
Grandparent LooK wrote:
<quoted text>
I care about all of us, our health and tax dollars and as to trust the local officials to handle situations, well all you got to do is look at that Department as to it's past and present management how it is and was managed, Major taxpayer Debt, buying out another's cities broke with problems water department like Cornersville, expanding city taxpayer water lines miles into the County, past derogative, derivatives deals itís past manager seem to have got the city into, and now wants to raise water and sewer rates as to build a holding sewer tank and some say $15, million dollar new sewer plant, that may create more of a problem than it will solve yet still not solve the problem of leaking sewer lines, well it seems it is time to stop trusting and start looking how to stop them from Bankrupting this Town!
As to spreading all that City Sewer Sludge on lots of area farms do you really think they or the farmers know the real danger?
First, is sludge being spread on local farms?????? Second, is it ILLEGAL to do so?????? You don't know the answers any more than I do.
If you don't trust your local officials to handle this in a proper manner, then who the hell do you trust? If these people we have elected/hired cannot do the job, then get rid of them and find people who CAN follow correct procedures.
We all Make Mistakes

Columbia, TN

#13 Jun 12, 2010
Grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>
First, is sludge being spread on local farms?????? Second, is it ILLEGAL to do so?????? You don't know the answers any more than I do.
If you don't trust your local officials to handle this in a proper manner, then who the hell do you trust? If these people we have elected/hired cannot do the job, then get rid of them and find people who CAN follow correct procedures.
Well first it has been spread for I have seen it with my own eyes also been told when asked. Illegal? Well that might depend on who you asked and what chemicals were in the sludge at time of spreading.
I don't trust no one not even myself at times! Don't expect too for those who are trust worthy don't mine being watched for we all make mistakes and those who except being told or showed are the ones who will try to correct their mistakes, where others will lie and say not I.
who knows

Columbia, TN

#14 Jun 13, 2010
you guys are dumb. everybody is so sure that they know whats going on, well for your info. the sludge that is being dumped in fields is not even from the sewer plant, it is all the trash and dirt left in the tanks of the water plant after it is filtered. so to all you that know so much about what is going on, maybe you should think befor you speak.
Information

Columbia, TN

#15 Jun 13, 2010
who knows wrote:
you guys are dumb. everybody is so sure that they know whats going on, well for your info. the sludge that is being dumped in fields is not even from the sewer plant, it is all the trash and dirt left in the tanks of the water plant after it is filtered. so to all you that know so much about what is going on, maybe you should think befor you speak.
Don't you think it is both one used to cover for the other maybe you may fool some of the people some of the time but not all the people all the time!
who knows

Columbia, TN

#16 Jun 14, 2010
well i'm just sayin you don't tell a doctor how to do surgery, because your not a doctor, why tell the water dept. how to do their job, why accuse them of doin something wrong when you have no idea they are doin something wrong. the electric dept has raised rates two or three times in the last year for so called "fuel charge" but nobody says a word about them. i think the water dept does a fine job, i mean how many people can work in other peoples sewer and not complain about it, they work in the middle of the night in the freezin cold to fix water leaks so customers will not be out of water, and you want to accuse them of doin wrong?
Sewer Sludge Spreading

Columbia, TN

#17 Jun 14, 2010
who knows wrote:
well i'm just sayin you don't tell a doctor how to do surgery, because your not a doctor, why tell the water dept. how to do their job, why accuse them of doin something wrong when you have no idea they are doin something wrong. the electric dept has raised rates two or three times in the last year for so called "fuel charge" but nobody says a word about them. i think the water dept does a fine job, i mean how many people can work in other peoples sewer and not complain about it, they work in the middle of the night in the freezin cold to fix water leaks so customers will not be out of water, and you want to accuse them of doin wrong?
Now! Now! do you want to let Lewisburg sewerage sludge spread all different places in Marshall County then unsupecting people buy those farms and land get sick and not know why?

When sewer sludge is spread on land it should be noted in the Land owners deed and registered at the Local Court House as Such!
For unsupecting people to see when they buy land in Marshall county don't you think?
Save God World from men

Nashville, TN

#18 Jun 14, 2010
Is the Guy who runs the Lewisburg Water Department not a big local farmer would you not think he cared more for the land and water than to allow Lewisburg City Sewer sludge spread on any local land?
who knows

Columbia, TN

#19 Jun 14, 2010
do you guys not listen, it is not sewer sludge that is being spread on farm land. if you don't believe me just fallow one of the tanker trucks that spread the sludge. they go to the water plant and load the "sludge" then they go empty it on lewisburg waters property. the sludge is what is left at the bottom of the water tanks after it is filtered. the raw water comes from duck river, then it is pumped into a tank at the water plant and all the settlement goes to the bottom and when the tank is drained they pump the settlement into the tanker and take it and empty it. if you don't believe me fallow a tanker from the water dept it never evan goes to the sewer plant unless they are parking it there.
Grandparent

United States

#20 Jun 14, 2010
who knows wrote:
do you guys not listen, it is not sewer sludge that is being spread on farm land. if you don't believe me just fallow one of the tanker trucks that spread the sludge. they go to the water plant and load the "sludge" then they go empty it on lewisburg waters property. the sludge is what is left at the bottom of the water tanks after it is filtered. the raw water comes from duck river, then it is pumped into a tank at the water plant and all the settlement goes to the bottom and when the tank is drained they pump the settlement into the tanker and take it and empty it. if you don't believe me fallow a tanker from the water dept it never evan goes to the sewer plant unless they are parking it there.
You can't tell Friend anything.....he always thinks he knows more and better than anyone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sue/billy together 14 hr Anonymous 1
They're coming for Trump 15 hr Dump Trump 29
Want to make easy money? Just following the li... Wed Jon 2
billy joe wright Mon Lilly 2
Billy and sue together Nov 19 Anonymous 8
Pathetic White Men (Mar '16) Nov 19 UncleFuggz 30
LocalHookers (Sep '13) Nov 18 Dont break the law 23

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance