First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Old worker

Augusta, MI

#21 Apr 27, 2013
People Helping Others wrote:
<quoted text>
There comes a time in life when people get to old to work and are just in the way of the young who need to work!
If all those who could afford to retire would retire and give a young person a job there migth just be enough jobs for the young who need the jobs to go around!
The old people are having to work because they are having to pay to raise there grandkids. The young are lazy and will not work or got pregnant before they were actually ready to raise a child.
nice try

Lawrenceburg, TN

#22 Apr 27, 2013
Spell the Dump wrote:
<quoted text>
So is America going to force all foreign corporations back to their home turf? If as you say "jobs will only be fixed", when the corporations are forced back to their home turf?
Is it not a little late to force corporations to their home turf after the technology and education is bought or given away how then will America compete with the large cheap foreign labor force willing to work for less than minimum wages even pennies an hour?
Time may come when all old enough to draw SS will be forced to stop working public jobs and required to retire, allowing the young to have jobs, too support their families!
You know nothing about economics. There are ways to keep the cheap stuff out of the country by making them pay higher tariffs. The cost of shipping products to the states is always rising. It is like the cost of extracting oil. Shale or sand oil was never cost worthy until the price of importing made it so. This is why many corporations are beginning to hurt because their maximized profits are also dwindling and soon it will be more profitable to make it here, especially now that many in the states are hurting enough to accept lower wages. It goes back and forth. As for SS, it is only a hump in the road. Soon, more and more baby boomers will be dying off and SS will be back in the black. And the Government will never encourage old people to retire because they WOULD have to pay out SS. That is why they have programs to encourage them to work until they die.
LOL

Lawrenceburg, TN

#23 Apr 27, 2013
nothing wrote:
Lewisburg doesn't offer much of anything for any age group. You choices are the local bars that have karaoke if you like that sort of thing. The drive in was open last year, I see it's for sale so not sure if it's opening up this year. But they only play movies mainly for kids. I go out maybe twice a year and it's either mommas country or Leonards.
You call this karaoke??? You've never been to Nashville have you? Around here it is Kara-chokie. They never have anything current and when they do, their system is so 1990's it's ridiculous! Why does anyone think Lewisburg has to offer entertainment? What's the entertainment in Shelbyville or Chapel Hill or even Columbia? They have bowling here, small as it is. But when I want real entertainment, I drive up to Nashville or even Franklin/Brentwood. It's only an hour or less away. Big whoop. But it is real entertainment, not the crap that you have around here or even 30 minutes from here. There isn't enough people here with money that would warrant a movie theater let alone a nice fancy anything. Get use to that. It's not going to happen and it is that way across the whole USA! You either move and live like sardines and pay 3 times as much for a house or live here in the wide open quiet and pay for a little gas to go to the same places the sardines go to and pay far less in the long run. You people just don't understand that this is not some sort of abnormality no other city of this size suffers from. In fact, it is absolutely THE NORMAL. Quit acting like the stupid hicks you are!
How much did that cost

Nashville, TN

#24 Apr 27, 2013
What to do in Lewisburg could people volunteer to help the Mayor plant flowers and clean Rock Creek Park, help spend that over charged street light money on something besides giving it back to the taxpayers?

Where do you volunteer who knows was that advertized the clean up was going to happen or pictures would be taken?

Wonder how many of those running for public office would have helped were they or the public even told?

Rolling eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#25 Apr 27, 2013
How much did that cost wrote:
What to do in Lewisburg could people volunteer to help the Mayor plant flowers and clean Rock Creek Park, help spend that over charged street light money on something besides giving it back to the taxpayers?
Where do you volunteer who knows was that advertized the clean up was going to happen or pictures would be taken?
Wonder how many of those running for public office would have helped were they or the public even told?
Lay off the liquor already! They are not talking about politics or civic duties. Can't you just stay on track for.... Oh, sorry... I forgot who I was talking about. Shut up bob or go take a dip in preachers creek.
Help the Mayor

Nashville, TN

#26 Apr 27, 2013
Rolling eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the liquor already! They are not talking about politics or civic duties. Can't you just stay on track for.... Oh, sorry... I forgot who I was talking about. Shut up bob or go take a dip in preachers creek.
Would what to do in Lewisburg be help spend that street light over charge refund of hundrends of thosands of dollars, the city got before the Mayor and the rest go out of office?

What a great picture that would have made to have included all the canidates running for public office, helping the Mayor and a few clean and Plant flowers down at Rock Creek Park?

Wonder why everybody was not told the press would be there for pictures?

Where is Clint when you need him to print comments from those not invited?
Rolling eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#27 Apr 27, 2013
Help the Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Would what to do in Lewisburg be help spend that street light over charge refund of hundrends of thosands of dollars, the city got before the Mayor and the rest go out of office?
What a great picture that would have made to have included all the canidates running for public office, helping the Mayor and a few clean and Plant flowers down at Rock Creek Park?
Wonder why everybody was not told the press would be there for pictures?
Where is Clint when you need him to print comments from those not invited?
"Would what to do in Lewisburg be help spend"... wtf does that even mean? You don't even know proper English how do you expect anyone to take you seriously? The rest of your dribble is exactly that: dribble. Nobody cares about these silly comments of yours.

What do in for if you few made to have down? Sound you stupid how know even you think don't I frankly.
Help The Mayor Spend

Nashville, TN

#28 Apr 28, 2013
Rolling eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
"Would what to do in Lewisburg be help spend"... wtf does that even mean? You don't even know proper English how do you expect anyone to take you seriously? The rest of your dribble is exactly that: dribble. Nobody cares about these silly comments of yours.
What do in for if you few made to have down? Sound you stupid how know even you think don't I frankly.
Could people help the Mayor and her gang spend that "so called city overcharged street light money" before she goes out of office?

Was any spending on the new side walk just in front of the lasts Mayors Park like, hold in the wall on the square?

Why did they not replace all the sidewalks for all those other business on the square?

Wonder if they spend some on planting flowers and cleaning up Rock Creek Park that had her picture in the paper?

Did they tell the public so all candidates running for election could have volunteered and got their pictures in the paper?

Where was Clint when we need him to interview those canidates running for the next Mayor job a get their opinion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baby names 8 hr Bundle of joy 4
Chapel HIll Baptist Feud (Nov '07) Sun Trolling Angel 62
Do You Know About "THE SECRET" (Feb '08) Sun Burger 4
Mayor Joe Liggett Sun Nono 105
Marshall County Bookings and Mugshots (Nov '15) Aug 26 Welfarestamp 11
Im looking for caves (Feb '08) Aug 26 Felix 5
River fun Aug 26 Little carp 2

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance