What do people over 30 do in Lewisburg?

No movie theater.

No nice restaurants.

No events.

I find it rather depressing!
Lumpy

United States

#2 Apr 26, 2013
Most people that live here like to drink and do drugs. Since there are no jobs many set up mobile meth labs and become toothless junkies.

Lewisburg is just like living in Mayberry! WooHoo!
Umm umm

Lewisburg, TN

#3 Apr 26, 2013
we eat french fries umm ummm i recon you can get em in a lot of places ummm ummm. i like me some french fries ummm ummm.
youtellme

Charlotte, NC

#4 Apr 26, 2013
I'm a 31 yr old female, and I feel the same. There is NOTHING in this town to do. They wonder why Columbia or other places are making money. Lewisburg=loserburg!

Since: Jun 11

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Apr 26, 2013
well what do you expect? they stop selling beer at midnite. Not sure when mommas country closes, but im sure its not much later than that. Sadly im not a country bar kind of person.
People Helping Others

Columbia, TN

#6 Apr 26, 2013
Captain wrote:
No movie theater.
No nice restaurants.
No events.
"What do people over 30 do in Lewisburg?"

1. Stay home and save their pennies so they can pay their some of the highest Councty property taxes in the State of Tennessee!

2. Go to bed at dark to be able cut high electric bill costs!

3. Both wife and husband use the same bath water to save the high water bill costs!

4. Read the Bible and pray for finding a better, cheaper place to live!

working for a living

Lawrenceburg, TN

#7 Apr 26, 2013
People Helping Others wrote:
<quoted text>
"What do people over 30 do in Lewisburg?"
1. Stay home and save their pennies so they can pay their some of the highest Councty property taxes in the State of Tennessee!
2. Go to bed at dark to be able cut high electric bill costs!
3. Both wife and husband use the same bath water to save the high water bill costs!
4. Read the Bible and pray for finding a better, cheaper place to live!
That is all fine but get out there and work hard and try to better yourself everyday will work too.
People Helping Others

Columbia, TN

#8 Apr 26, 2013
working for a living wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all fine but get out there and work hard and try to better yourself everyday will work too.
There comes a time in life when people get to old to work and are just in the way of the young who need to work!
If all those who could afford to retire would retire and give a young person a job there migth just be enough jobs for the young who need the jobs to go around!
Great idea

Lewisburg, TN

#9 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
There comes a time in life when people get to old to work and are just in the way of the young who need to work!
If all those who could afford to retire would retire and give a young person a job there migth just be enough jobs for the young who need the jobs to go around!
Instead of a dog pound, maybe we can have a old people pound. And if no one comes along and adopts them, we can just put 'em down.
Prepper

United States

#10 Apr 26, 2013
The Baby Boomers ruined America!
half a brain

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Apr 26, 2013
Prepper wrote:
I have half a brain and still have more than you. Stop your crying and tell your mamma you need another feeding. Booo hooo! People have been in worse messes than you and they did just fine. Grow up and do something about it instead of coming on here slinging blame like a cry baby.
My 2 Cents

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Apr 26, 2013
Prepper wrote:
Every generation blames it on the one before.
bart simpson

Columbia, TN

#13 Apr 26, 2013
Captain wrote:
No movie theater.
No nice restaurants.
No events.
Mostly, your mother.
obama

Columbia, TN

#14 Apr 26, 2013
<quoted text>
Social retards that post anecdotal statements like this are why old people keep working. Your too stupid and uneducated to contribute to society. <sigh> I guess the baby boomers will keep working so the ship will remain afloat. lol.
Vist the Dog Pound

Columbia, TN

#15 Apr 26, 2013
Great idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of a dog pound, maybe we can have a old people pound. And if no one comes along and adopts them, we can just put 'em down.
"Old Peoples pound?" Is a better word for an old people's pound called a nursing home?

Is the only difference between a dog pound and a old people's nursing home, public officials could be charged with acessory to murder, if they allowed old people killed like they allow poor old dogs killed?

Does it just depends on how either place is allowed operated?
Give a Job to the Young

Columbia, TN

#16 Apr 26, 2013
obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Social retards that post anecdotal statements like this are why old people keep working. Your too stupid and uneducated to contribute to society. <sigh> I guess the baby boomers will keep working so the ship will remain afloat. lol.
If old people realized how much in the way they were by still working or cared more about the younger generation!
Would any quit working public jobs and allow the younger generation to have their job!
Wonder how many older people able to retire would work a public job as they allowed their own children to sit at home without a job?
nice try

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Apr 26, 2013
Give a Job to the Young wrote:
<quoted text>
If old people realized how much in the way they were by still working or cared more about the younger generation!
Would any quit working public jobs and allow the younger generation to have their job!
Wonder how many older people able to retire would work a public job as they allowed their own children to sit at home without a job?
It's not that way at all. The lack of jobs has been caused by the lack of manufacturing in this country, not because so old people are working. Also, as medical science improved over the years, so did the health of older people so they are able to still be a very functional person into their later years. Even if those older people were to quit would there still not be enough high paying jobs to satisfy the amount of unemployment. Only when the corporations are forced back to their home turf will this situation be fixed.
Ruined America

United States

#18 Apr 27, 2013
Google - Baby Boomers Ruined America.
Spell the Dump

Columbia, TN

#19 Apr 27, 2013
nice try wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not that way at all. The lack of jobs has been caused by the lack of manufacturing in this country, not because so old people are working. Also, as medical science improved over the years, so did the health of older people so they are able to still be a very functional person into their later years. Even if those older people were to quit would there still not be enough high paying jobs to satisfy the amount of unemployment. Only when the corporations are forced back to their home turf will this situation be fixed.
So is America going to force all foreign corporations back to their home turf? If as you say "jobs will only be fixed", when the corporations are forced back to their home turf?

Is it not a little late to force corporations to their home turf after the technology and education is bought or given away how then will America compete with the large cheap foreign labor force willing to work for less than minimum wages even pennies an hour?

Time may come when all old enough to draw SS will be forced to stop working public jobs and required to retire, allowing the young to have jobs, too support their families!
nothing

Columbia, TN

#20 Apr 27, 2013
Lewisburg doesn't offer much of anything for any age group. You choices are the local bars that have karaoke if you like that sort of thing. The drive in was open last year, I see it's for sale so not sure if it's opening up this year. But they only play movies mainly for kids. I go out maybe twice a year and it's either mommas country or Leonards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mexicans aren't Spanish! (Oct '13) 43 min Holee frijoles 56
Steaks and Shakes 21 hr haha 5
gillys tire....horrible 21 hr tire 3
Stop Spanking Children in the Schools Sun Muley 26
Lewisburg Fire Department Captain Jul 25 bendover 8
does anyone know jessie marshall? (Mar '11) Jul 25 Psychotic Wife 2
DAVID STINNETT True?? (Oct '14) Jul 25 endtimes 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages