First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ashamed White Liberal

United States

#1 Aug 10, 2013
Lewisburg needs more black leaders. Time to get rid of the Bubba politicians.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#2 Aug 10, 2013
Lewisburg has a number of respected black people who can run for many political offices.
There is nothing to be ashamed about.
These people can carry themselves very well.
Politics may not be the goal set by many black people.
Afterall, there is much more to being a leader than entering and serving the county or city governments no matter what one's skin color happens to be.
Their are all races in this area, it looks to me.
The qualifications applies to all.
A person who is spreading himself or herself in the community has a chance on being known.
It is like, marketing. Politics will always be, you do for me and I will do for you. BUBBA'S have buddies in high places! A Community Organizer that is for the whole community is what is needed for any politician to succeed to the next election or higher up the political ladder.
Earning a College Degree in Political Science is good for anyone interested in politics. "Train up a child", could appy to the fine black youth among us.
Okay

Lewisburg, TN

#4 Aug 12, 2013
I don't care what color someone is. It is the kind of person they are, what they do for the community.
Most do not want to take time to get involved. I suggest starting in small ways to let people in the community, you want to get involved .
Open a small business, yes you can.
Like Obama or who

Columbia, TN

#5 Aug 12, 2013
Okay wrote:
I don't care what color someone is. It is the kind of person they are, what they do for the community.
Most do not want to take time to get involved. I suggest starting in small ways to let people in the community, you want to get involved .
Open a small business, yes you can.
Do you know any public officials, who want the public involed if it reguire thinking, if it requires working, like cleaning up the river or picking up trash are those all for that!

How many public board openings are offered to the public, how many new different people are appointed to the local public boards?
How long have some hogged those public board with 6-7 years per term? Have some been on any of those so called public boards 7-14 or 20 plus years?

All public boards should be elected by the people not appointed and never more than 4 years for the same people!
Old tsimer

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Aug 12, 2013
Ashamed White Liberal wrote:
What could we do to weed out the Liberals like Obama. I DON'T THINK OUR TAX BASE IS STRONG ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THE LIBERAL SPENDING AT THE LOCAL LEVEL
Old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#8 Aug 12, 2013
sURELY YOU JEST
jobs and offices

Lewisburg, TN

#9 Aug 12, 2013
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>sURELY YOU JEST
Government jobs and officers should go to the best qualified person and race should have nothing to do with it. Best person for the job gets the job.
Old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#10 Aug 12, 2013
jobs and offices wrote:
<quoted text>
Government jobs and officers should go to the best qualified person and race should have nothing to do with it. Best person for the job gets the job.
The title of this thread does not mention ualifications. IT suggests that being black should be be the detgermining factor. Doesn't that seem to be racist thinking
Okay

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Aug 12, 2013
Like Obama or who wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know any public officials, who want the public involed if it reguire thinking, if it requires working, like cleaning up the river or picking up trash are those all for that!
How many public board openings are offered to the public, how many new different people are appointed to the local public boards?
How long have some hogged those public board

with 6-7 years per term? Have some been on any of those so called public boards 7-14 or 20 plus years?
All public boards should be elected by the people not appointed and never more than 4 years for the same people!
Because no one else wants the job, most not have a pay ckeck. I know all of them . I chose to get involved in Lewisburg!
Okay

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Aug 12, 2013
Like Obama or who wrote:
<quoted text>
How long have some hogged those public board with 6-7 years per term? Have some been on any of those so called public boards 7-14 or 20 plus years?
By the way, what have you done to make Lewisburg a better place to live?
Tell the Truth

Columbia, TN

#14 Aug 12, 2013
Okay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because no one else wants the job, most not have a pay ckeck. I know all of them . I chose to get involved in Lewisburg!
Why then don't the public see all board openings published in the paper or shoper?

So people could place their names to be considered for all so called public board openings?

Pay check? Don't lots of those so called public boards members get paid for attending all meetings, travel and other benifits?

Tell the public what the pay and benifits are for each so called public board and board member, publish that in the local paper, bet more people would apply!
jobs and offices

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Aug 12, 2013
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>The title of this thread does not mention ualifications. IT suggests that being black should be be the detgermining factor. Doesn't that seem to be racist thinking
agreed! Sort of like a quota system rather than really being qualified.
Not here

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Aug 12, 2013
Show me one local black person who has been standing up against other blacks or anyone of any color and telling them to be more responsible, get and hold jobs, stay straight, pay attention in school and respect authority and their community. Pay attention and be respectful in school. Most act a fool in school. Until we have one local black who can stand up and speak out against the problems, I feel we do not have any qualified leaders.
More Black Board Members

Columbia, TN

#19 Aug 13, 2013
Not here wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one local black person who has been standing up against other blacks or anyone of any color and telling them to be more responsible, get and hold jobs, stay straight, pay attention in school and respect authority and their community. Pay attention and be respectful in school. Most act a fool in school. Until we have one local black who can stand up and speak out against the problems, I feel we do not have any qualified leaders.
How can people of color be more responsible?
They are not to blame for Lewisburg or Marshall County problems!
Do you see any blacks on the industrial board?
Where are the jobs?
How many blacks work at city hall?
Every person of color I know show the same respect that they are shown!
Never have I seen any person of color show any disrespect to any who respect them!
You may be right that Lewisburg / Marshall County don't have any qualified leaders look what the white's have done !. just look at the County / city Debt and smell the Stinking Leaking toxic Chemical Dump!
Can we blame any people of color for those!

The Indians were in America minding their own business till the white man stole their lands and marched those on the trail of tears! The blacks were in Africa minding their own business till the white men kidnapped their children for slaves?
What Lewisburg / Marshall County got and had for years a white mayor and mostly all white city council even the County commission is mostly white! So how can any blame the problems of today on any people of other colors is it the white's who have caused their own problems!
If any think people of another color are problems!
Remember a White man saying “Tear that wall down Mr. Gorvachev”?

Why so the white man can build another wall?
Old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Aug 13, 2013
Tell the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why then don't the public see all board openings published in the paper or shoper?
So people could place their names to be considered for all so called public board openings?
Pay check? Don't lots of those so called public boards members get paid for attending all meetings, travel and other benifits?
Tell the public what the pay and benifits are for each so called public board and board member, publish that in the local paper, bet more people would apply!
What is a "shoper" ?
local

Lawrenceburg, TN

#21 Aug 13, 2013
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
What is a "shoper" ?
It is a local free newspaper put out by the Tribune, but spelled wrong. You would think you could figure it out.
local

Lawrenceburg, TN

#22 Aug 13, 2013
I watched a young black guy cross the street with two girls near the bowling alley, and he was taking his good ole time making it across the street. The two girls tried to get him to hurry but he strolled as slow as he could. You guessed it, a car came up to him and he made the car stop and the driver blew the horn and the black guy gave him the ole bird. What is wrong with the black guy? and if a black leader is among us, what do you think?
Must Like each other

Columbia, TN

#23 Aug 13, 2013
local wrote:
I watched a young black guy cross the street with two girls near the bowling alley, and he was taking his good ole time making it across the street. The two girls tried to get him to hurry but he strolled as slow as he could. You guessed it, a car came up to him and he made the car stop and the driver blew the horn and the black guy gave him the ole bird. What is wrong with the black guy? and if a black leader is among us, what do you think?
Don't see nothing wrong with any person, animal, or bird crossing the street as slow as it takes, even in traffic!

Are horn blowning and bird giving about the same? Who had the right of way would be my question, the car or a slow street walker?

Did the guy in the car knew him and the guy walking across the the street knew the car driver were they both just speaking?

Don't people who like each other now days blow their horns and shoot birds it gets done to me all the time!

local

Lawrenceburg, TN

#24 Aug 13, 2013
Must Like each other wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't see nothing wrong with any person, animal, or bird crossing the street as slow as it takes, even in traffic!
Are horn blowning and bird giving about the same? Who had the right of way would be my question, the car or a slow street walker?
Did the guy in the car knew him and the guy walking across the the street knew the car driver were they both just speaking?
Don't people who like each other now days blow their horns and shoot birds it gets done to me all the time!
The thug was being a tuff guy jay walking. I was at a red light watching the idiot. Guys like that give blacks a double black eye.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#25 Aug 13, 2013
local wrote:
Drivers in that area need to slow down for people. An accident could happen in that parkinglot/street area. If school students will be bowling this school term, please WATCH OUT FOR THEM.

One term, a student wrecked another student's car in that congestive parking lot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm disappointed 1 hr LOL 5
lewisburg buy sale and trade site 3 hr getoverit 8
New restaurant on the Square 4 hr Teacher 13
kelsey foster 10 hr Buzz Kill 2
I miss Mae 20 hr Remember 34
Job fair 20 hr Cyber trouble Nee... 1
bad politix Wed username 8

Freeze Watch for Marshall County was issued at October 30 at 1:35PM CDT

Lewisburg Dating
Find my Match