Backbiting and Syndicating

Backbiting and Syndicating

Posted in the Lewisburg Forum

Can we just get along

Nashville, TN

#1 Mar 25, 2013
What's the deal with Lewisburg Topix lately? It's always had the occasional slanderer or two but lately almost every topic is someone talking trash about someone else sometimes without even knowing them. Is it just idle hands? I'm pretty sure i couldn't get that bored.
yea

Columbia, TN

#2 Mar 25, 2013
It's been like this the three years I have heard of Topix.
Election Time

Nashville, TN

#3 Mar 25, 2013
Can we just get along wrote:
What's the deal with Lewisburg Topix lately? It's always had the occasional slanderer or two but lately almost every topic is someone talking trash about someone else sometimes without even knowing them. Is it just idle hands? I'm pretty sure i couldn't get that bored.
Election Time!

It's not the point of being bored is it? But the best place to express an opinion, read gossip, real RAW News, express a complaints, and offer many ideas?
Topic Great Tool an “Complaint Department” for Public Officials and the public to express their open complaints!
Like the Gossip Magazines seen at the local stores! Is some Truth and some is not?
Has Lewisburg’s, meeting places, Barber shops, beauty salons, churches, coffee clubs, street talk, been in some ways like Topic?
Old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Election Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Election Time!
It's not the point of being bored is it? But the best place to express an opinion, read gossip, real RAW News, express a complaints, and offer many ideas?
Topic Great Tool an “Complaint Department” for Public Officials and the public to express their open complaints!
Like the Gossip Magazines seen at the local stores! Is some Truth and some is not?
Has Lewisburg’s, meeting places, Barber shops, beauty salons, churches, coffee clubs, street talk, been in some ways like Topic?
The best place to express an oopinion is the ballot box.
yea

Columbia, TN

#5 Mar 25, 2013
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Something we can all agree on.
No bars hold

Lawrenceburg, TN

#6 Mar 25, 2013
All Topix sites in every city are the same and contain the same BS. Smaller cities are worse for slander because of closer knowledge of those involved. Larger cities have sex and drug solicitations. It is populated by 80% ingrates, and uneducated/low IQ persons. This based on the lack of proper English usage (i.e. sentence structure, punctuation and spelling), inability to use the tools that come with their computer and the Internet for researching, and the amount of ungratefulness of being told they are wrong. 10% are trolls just looking for fun by instigating trouble. The last 10% are genuine honest people looking to help others.
Is the Election Honest

Nashville, TN

#7 Mar 25, 2013
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
What if some opinion is,“it’s not the people who vote that count, it’s the people who count the votes” Stalin

Why not with so little voters voting in the Lewisburg City Election, and after the election office door closed on the press, Election Commission Chairman's comments, Who knows?
Why not vote by paper ballot and public out cry of votes as those votes are counted?
Hooked On Topic

Nashville, TN

#8 Mar 25, 2013
No bars hold wrote:
All Topix sites in every city are the same and contain the same BS. Smaller cities are worse for slander because of closer knowledge of those involved. Larger cities have sex and drug solicitations. It is populated by 80% ingrates, and uneducated/low IQ persons. This based on the lack of proper English usage (i.e. sentence structure, punctuation and spelling), inability to use the tools that come with their computer and the Internet for researching, and the amount of ungratefulness of being told they are wrong. 10% are trolls just looking for fun by instigating trouble. The last 10% are genuine honest people looking to help others.
Do some just complain if they can't find anything else to complain about, do those types complain about education, IQ, sentence structure, punctuation and spelling?
Calling posters shameful names?

When people live in a County or City where some public officials make up their own self serving rules and intimidate their citizens, with threats of arrest, only allowing 3 minutes, and 3 times on any one subject, when that subject or complaint, is never resolved, where else but topic do people have the right to speak so they might be heard?

Once hooked on topic do most look every day, just to see the local complains, street talk, and get caught up on the local gossip?

Rolling eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#9 Mar 25, 2013
Hooked On Topic wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some just complain if they can't find anything else to complain about, do those types complain about education, IQ, sentence structure, punctuation and spelling?
Calling posters shameful names?
When people live in a County or City where some public officials make up their own self serving rules and intimidate their citizens, with threats of arrest, only allowing 3 minutes, and 3 times on any one subject, when that subject or complaint, is never resolved, where else but topic do people have the right to speak so they might be heard?
Once hooked on topic do most look every day, just to see the local complains, street talk, and get caught up on the local gossip?
Shut up Bob, you are part of the 80%. You never cease to find time to go off topic and include your petty political complaints. Politics is no different here than in most cities. But you are in no position to do anything but complain about it. I know I speak for many who have said it over and over, you are a broken record that resolves nothing. You are like the little dutch boy with a finger in a leaking dam except in this case, there is no water on the other side, you just think there is. You just think you are saving us all when all you are really doing is sticking your finger in a dry wall. When will you wake up and see the real world? Probably never. Just shut up. There is no nice way to tell you because you won't listen. You are part of the small percentage of people who just can't get it. I truly feel bad for you.

Just because you have the right to speak does not mean you should. Everyone that comes on this Topix knows who you are and knows how you think. The more you rant and rave, the more no one listens to you. No one wants to listen to someone that says the same thing over and over on everyone else's thread. You are your own worst enemy. I would like you more if you said less or just didn't say the same thing over and over.
I like You

Nashville, TN

#10 Mar 25, 2013
Rolling eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up Bob, you are part of the 80%. You never cease to find time to go off topic and include your petty political complaints. Politics is no different here than in most cities. But you are in no position to do anything but complain about it. I know I speak for many who have said it over and over, you are a broken record that resolves nothing. You are like the little dutch boy with a finger in a leaking dam except in this case, there is no water on the other side, you just think there is. You just think you are saving us all when all you are really doing is sticking your finger in a dry wall. When will you wake up and see the real world? Probably never. Just shut up. There is no nice way to tell you because you won't listen. You are part of the small percentage of people who just can't get it. I truly feel bad for you.
Just because you have the right to speak does not mean you should. Everyone that comes on this Topix knows who you are and knows how you think. The more you rant and rave, the more no one listens to you. No one wants to listen to someone that says the same thing over and over on everyone else's thread. You are your own worst enemy. I would like you more if you said less or just didn't say the same thing over and over.
Are you Still complaining now about a fermentations of your imagination about poor old crazy lazy Bob, check the mirror and see if the complainer is not there looking back at you?
Rolling eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#11 Mar 25, 2013
I like You wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you Still complaining now about a fermentations of your imagination about poor old crazy lazy Bob, check the mirror and see if the complainer is not there looking back at you?
Dufus:-) I'm not complaining to the world of Topix about the same thing, I am addressing the same ol' fool. Is it a waste of time? So far, it has been a hit and miss. Sometimes he goes away or stops repeating for a while and then like a bad penny, he shows back up. Meh... What can I say. At least I will admit it, yes I do spend too much time hammering poor ol' Bob. In fact, one minute is probably too long. I will vow to do better in the future and not repeat my "Bob shut up" banter and just let him go. Someday I know his poor ol' fingers will give out and we will never hear of him again. So, I tip my beer to poor ol' Bob and his repetitive political ranting.
Thank you ever Much

Nashville, TN

#12 Mar 25, 2013
Rolling eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Dufus:-) I'm not complaining to the world of Topix about the same thing, I am addressing the same ol' fool. Is it a waste of time? So far, it has been a hit and miss. Sometimes he goes away or stops repeating for a while and then like a bad penny, he shows back up. Meh... What can I say. At least I will admit it, yes I do spend too much time hammering poor ol' Bob. In fact, one minute is probably too long. I will vow to do better in the future and not repeat my "Bob shut up" banter and just let him go. Someday I know his poor ol' fingers will give out and we will never hear of him again. So, I tip my beer to poor ol' Bob and his repetitive political ranting.
:)

Rolling eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13 Mar 25, 2013
Thank you ever Much wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =F8EIjGXtCLkXX
Don't thank me, y'ol' coot. Why are we gathering for down at the river? You gonna follow the Preacher down the creek? I'd rather die in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Unlike the 4 other people in the car screaming to the end.
Reopen The Preacher Case

Nashville, TN

#14 Mar 25, 2013
Rolling eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't thank me, y'ol' coot. Why are we gathering for down at the river? You gonna follow the Preacher down the creek? I'd rather die in my sleep, like my grandfather did. Unlike the 4 other people in the car screaming to the end.

Do you know something the police don't, about the preacher found floating in the creek? Were there 4 other people involved in the preachers death?
why were they screaming to the end?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WestRock/RockTenn 9 hr Politically correct 8
Drugs or family 12 hr Opioid hater 1
Multimatic Sun Duh 10
Is your postal worker stealing from you? (Feb '12) Sun 37160 Only 50
Lynnville is a hick town Sat Laughing hard 3
Marshall County Bookings and Mugshots (Nov '15) Oct 14 John e will 23
John “white boy” Herrin Oct 14 John e will 3

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance