MCHS Student killed???
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LAP

Dillon, SC

#1 Sep 25, 2009
Has anyone heard about anyone being killed last night that goes to MCHS???
from lewisburg

United States

#2 Sep 25, 2009
yes, but not sure if I should say who due to the families.! kiled and another in critical care from wreck.
Granny

Nashville, TN

#3 Sep 25, 2009
When did this happen?
pray for them

New Orleans, LA

#4 Sep 25, 2009
About 10pm last night on hwy 272 (Verona Caney Rd) at Double Bridges. (Just north of Double Bridges)
Tracy

Center Point, LA

#5 Sep 25, 2009
pray for them wrote:
About 10pm last night on hwy 272 (Verona Caney Rd) at Double Bridges.(Just north of Double Bridges)
Was the child killed a boy with first name of Shane?
im me

United States

#6 Sep 25, 2009
yes
pray for them

New Orleans, LA

#7 Sep 25, 2009
I'm sorry, I won't give that out of respect. There were 3 in the car and 2 choppers.
lap

Nashville, TN

#8 Sep 25, 2009
shane hendrickson
leo

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Sep 25, 2009
pray for this family at this time.

Since: Jun 09

Columbia, TN

#10 Sep 25, 2009
This was on WAXO News - Website

Marshall County Teen Killed in Single Vehicle Crash; Two Others Injured
Official with the Tennessee Highway Patrol earlier today (Thursday) confirmed that 17 year old Shane Hendrix, the driver of a 2001 Saab was killed following the 10:06 pm crash on Verona-Caney Road. Reports to WAXO News indicate that the young man had just left the MCHS Powderpuff game as part of the MCHS Homecoming activities. Two passengers in the car were also injured. They were identified by the THP as Kelly Fitzgerald and 15 year old Shawn D. Maddox of Lewisburg. Fitzgerald’s age and address was not immediately made available but it is believed that she is a student at MCHS. The Tennessee Dept. of Safety told WAXO News that 2 occupants of the vehicle were ejected as a result of the crash. At least one person was sent by a medical helicopter to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville. Officials were unable to provide details as to which victim was sent by the medical helicopter. According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol none of the occupants were wearing seatbelts. The crash was investigated by Trooper Hill with the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

Since: Jun 09

Columbia, TN

#11 Sep 25, 2009
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families involved in this tragic accident...
pray for them

New Orleans, LA

#12 Sep 25, 2009
Marshall County Teen Killed in Single Vehicle Crash; Two Others Injured
A single vehicle crash last (Thursday) night has claimed the life of a young Marshall County teen. Official with the Tennessee Highway Patrol earlier today (Thursday) confirmed that 17 year old Shane Hendrix, the driver of a 2001 Saab was killed following the 10:06 pm crash on Verona-Caney Road. Reports to WAXO News indicate that the young man had just left the MCHS Powderpuff game as part of the MCHS Homecoming activities. Two passengers in the car were also injured. They were identified by the THP as Kelly Fitzgerald and 15 year old Shawn D. Maddox of Lewisburg. Fitzgerald’s age and address was not immediately made available but it is believed that she is a student at MCHS. The Tennessee Dept. of Safety told WAXO News that 2 occupants of the vehicle were ejected as a result of the crash. At least one person was sent by a medical helicopter to Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville. Officials were unable to provide details as to which victim was sent by the medical helicopter. According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol none of the occupants were wearing seatbelts. The crash was investigated by Trooper Hill with the Tennessee Highway Patrol.

(from WAXO.com )
AVG

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Sep 25, 2009
Not only does the families of these 3 need to be in our prayers but the MCHS student body as well. These 3 are someone's friend and classmate. It affects them also.
Cancel Parade

Nashville, TN

#14 Sep 25, 2009
Why would a school have a homecoming parade when a child in the school system was killed in a car wreck the night before, you would think out of respect for the students and families of the victims involved, the school would cancel the parade and the home coming game?

Guess it just depends on who it is?
Just Wondering

Fayetteville, TN

#15 Sep 25, 2009
I don't think any one should jump to their own conclusions. Maybe the school authorities spoke with the family and the family ask that the homecoming parade go on.
from lewisburg

Decatur, GA

#16 Sep 25, 2009
from what I understand from my kids, there was a lot of talk at school today, from teachers and counselors with the students. The kids have mentioned they mine as well cancel the game since everyone will be sad from the loss of their friend. I think they should stick together and win for Shane,Kelly, & Davey.
pray for them

New Orleans, LA

#17 Sep 25, 2009
I imagine this was a difficult decision to make and we need to support them.
from lewisburg

Decatur, GA

#18 Sep 25, 2009
I also hear there was a lack of insurance. This family really needs all the support we can offer.
Respect Matters

Nashville, TN

#19 Sep 25, 2009
Why should we support some thing we see as a wrong decisions to have a homecoming parade or even a ball game, some of us as well as I, know how Lewisburg is, Ball Ball Ball by means it all to some and they seem to forget there is more to life and respect than a home coming parade or ball Game, money or sports are not every thing in life, do the right thing for once show some respect for the families involved and learn to cancel Parades and Ball Games when Children die or killed in such a tragic accident, so close to the children involved, out of respect for the Children and the families involved!
Teach Children that respect is worth more than playing ball.

Shame on Lewisburg, The Coaches, and principles, school Superintendent and school board for going forward with a parade and ball Game at that point in time, maybe the councilors could council them on respect and proper procedure.
Have we as a society lost all respect for others, that all that seems to matters is Sports and Ball?
pray for them

New Orleans, LA

#20 Sep 25, 2009
Respect Matters wrote:
Why should we support some thing we see as a wrong decisions to have a homecoming parade or even a ball game, some of us as well as I, know how Lewisburg is, Ball Ball Ball by means it all to some and they seem to forget there is more to life and respect than a home coming parade or ball Game, money or sports are not every thing in life, do the right thing for once show some respect for the families involved and learn to cancel Parades and Ball Games when Children die or killed in such a tragic accident, so close to the children involved, out of respect for the Children and the families involved!
Teach Children that respect is worth more than playing ball.
Shame on Lewisburg, The Coaches, and principles, school Superintendent and school board for going forward with a parade and ball Game at that point in time, maybe the councilors could council them on respect and proper procedure.
Have we as a society lost all respect for others, that all that seems to matters is Sports and Ball?
The decision has been made. I guess you and I can't know what THE perfect decision to make here is, because WE are not in the victims shoes. So, let's carry on the best we can and support these students, the families, AND the community with compassion and love.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tennessee State Troopers Are Bullies (Jan '15) 15 hr Peace 63
Circuit Court Clerk Election 15 hr losin luna 45
Sexuality Sun Lone butt McQuade 2
Epiphany Sun Quarterback Stink 3
I come in peace Sun Stink Purple 16
Folks with records Sat Peace 49
Racism in Lewisburg (Jul '07) Sat Peace 30

Lewisburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages