First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Questions

Gatlinburg, TN

#1 Jul 17, 2014
Ok Mr Mayor, is it true as to the rumors around town, Did you hire a 19 year old to work in your office and are paying her top salary with no experience and paid more then some who have worked for the county for years. Is the same girl you sponsored in the Marshall county pageant. Pleas say this is not true.......What good has this man done for the last 8 years, lets have a list not oh he is a good man, for one I find that hard to belive he is a good man but any way You all claim he has done good well list the good........
I will start

Lawrenceburg, TN

#2 Jul 17, 2014
1. HHHHMMMMMMMMmmmm, darn
2. Well there was the one time.....oh, maybe not
3. My brain is hurting now

Since: Apr 14

Crossville, TN

#3 Jul 17, 2014
Decorating the office pretty, and hiring kids fresh out of school? its a win/win for everyone involved! I see no problem here.
he lost

Gatlinburg, TN

#4 Jul 18, 2014
no one , not one thing to put on the list of good he has done?
Lefty

Ellenboro, NC

#5 Jul 19, 2014
I second that!!
Lefty

Ellenboro, NC

#6 Jul 19, 2014
Thanks to Mr Looney ad in the tribune is all true about Liggett! Finally someone in the family stands up to that crook
puzzled

Hendersonville, NC

#7 Jul 19, 2014
Well, what about other city officials hiring their children without the positions being listed or interviewing. Mike Wiles hired his daughter for the summer. I dont recall seeing that position posted and there is a new girl in the clerk office. Was that a position listing I missed applying for? I would like a job that I was bien into and not have to interview for.
lawdog

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Jul 19, 2014
1. You can not be made Chair of the county commission with out the full vote of yes by the county commission.
2.In the past 8 years there has been app. 60 miles of new water main put out in the county, and more to come.
3. Joe drives his own truck to all meets he has or rides with someone to meets, does not charge the county for miles or gas. No county car used.
4.He does not take county paid health Insurance, this is so some other employee of the county may have it and or hold down cost to county.
5. Has he done everything right, no but please someone name me someone who has and I will vote for him.
puzzled

Hendersonville, NC

#9 Jul 19, 2014
There are still many people without water, how is it decided who does or does not get water.
privatedrive

Hendersonville, NC

#10 Jul 19, 2014
So, he closed Ebenezer Hollow for the rich man who donated a butt load of money to his campaign. How has this been kept quiet and I would like to hear Liggett deny this.
not joe

Gatlinburg, TN

#11 Jul 20, 2014
Ok Joe got another one for you to help us understand, why do you still have S.Well on pay roll, did she not resign but you said you would not except til after the election, and yet she is still on pay roll all this time, why is that what do you not want us to know,

Then you hire Adrian Born a child straight out of high school and paying her top dollar for the same job, why are two folk on the pay roll for one job.

I hope that rumors are not true that she left for sexual harassment and then you turn around and hire a child. Why are folks downtown and Chapel Hill thinking this is true? This was all the talk at the tractor pull last night

Did Miss Born go thru the county hiring process or did you just hire her straight in like Rutter did his wife at the EMS, I never seen a job posting for either job, I thought that was required.

Joe things are looking bad for you this week, just hope the truth get out before folks go vote.
agree no more Joe

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Jul 20, 2014
I have already voted and so has my family. Scotty Poarch got our votes. Joe has done very little for our county in 8 years. Are we better off today than we were 8 years ago with our extended debt. 3rd highest in the state and what do we have to show for it. How much did all those water lines throughout the county cost the taxpayers in Chapel Hill, Cornersville, and Lewisburg. What did they get for those water lines. Not a damn thing but more debt. Vote Joe and all tax and spend commissioners out of office. We can not afford for them to run our county for four more years. Joe is good at one thing - getting his picture put in the paper for something he had nothing or very little to do with. VOTE FOR CHANGE!
Joehasgot2go

Greensboro, NC

#13 Jul 20, 2014
Don't be fooled he gets county gas to put in his personal truck to drive around town with his signs on it. During business hours. So does Rutter at EMS!! Why is Rutter even working thought he got big lawsuit money for back injury when he sued Giles co EMS. Maybe his wife took Liggetts county insurance that they get for free anyway.
Reporter

Franklin, TN

#14 Jul 20, 2014
Lefty wrote:
Thanks to Mr Looney ad in the tribune is all true about Liggett! Finally someone in the family stands up to that crook
I wish our newspaper would not allow articles such as these. It is trashy and makes Lewisburg look bad, but I guess they will do anything for a dollar. I guess they have to fill those three pages somehow, wouldn't want anyone to have to do any real reporting.
twilight zone

Lawrenceburg, TN

#15 Jul 20, 2014
this town cracks me up,you all talk about wanting water hooked up,but the water company will just over charge you,you are better off with a well and septic tank.I think the ones in charge watched field of dreams too many times,lol they have widened the roads coming into town,built a 2nd business park that is empty,now they want to expand the airport for all the rich people with planes to come,lol.This is a nice small town with alot of good people in it,maybe we should do something for all the people here and fix the pool,clean up the down town area so if someone with a large company wanting to set up business here will have a good first impression.
Vote For Scottie

Columbia, TN

#16 Jul 20, 2014
twilight zone wrote:
this town cracks me up,you all talk about wanting water hooked up,but the water company will just over charge you,you are better off with a well and septic tank.I think the ones in charge watched field of dreams too many times,lol they have widened the roads coming into town,built a 2nd business park that is empty,now they want to expand the airport for all the rich people with planes to come,lol.This is a nice small town with alot of good people in it,maybe we should do something for all the people here and fix the pool,clean up the down town area so if someone with a large company wanting to set up business here will have a good first impression.
Why fix a pool for 3 months out of the year, when can you not drive to horton park and swim instead?

How about instead of fixing the pool give a property tax decrease that would help and last year around?
Maybe Joe tried but I sure don't see any change in Marshall County's public officials, except more taxpayer's debt, same high property taxes, and more cover ups!

Has Joe had 2 terms as Mayor that's 8 years and got paid do some say over $70,000.00 a year, times 8 years, does that amounts too more than $500,000.00, a half million dollars with extra benifits above that?

Without term limits if people want a government of the people, by the people and for the people, allowing other people a chance to be a part of our local public government,
Then when some are not willing to serve their time and terms in public office, Will it take the votes of people, for those to be forced out of public office, allowing other's their chance to see what those can do?

Marshall County needs term limits bad, just like it needs business men in public office who, are not affraid of Open Government, know how too cut budgets and work too lower taxes,

Don't people think they should atleast give Scottie Poarch a chance lets see what he can do, Joe had his 8 year 2 terms chance!

Undder 350

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Jul 20, 2014
Reporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish our newspaper would not allow articles such as these. It is trashy and makes Lewisburg look bad, but I guess they will do anything for a dollar. I guess they have to fill those three pages somehow, wouldn't want anyone to have to do any real reporting.
How did that sound? I guess they should pick and chose who and what goes in the newspaper according to their stance on issues and who is putting it in? Wouldn't that be like some of the pro liberal TV news stations not airing anything negative the current administration has done that is unethical? Not really fair or just, is it? If it was against your guy I guess it would be OK, huh?
I run a business and advertise just like hundreds of other businesses do with the newspaper. The Tribune does not place ads the customers do. Get it straight.
yea yea

Lewisburg, TN

#18 Jul 20, 2014
Vote For Scottie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why fix a pool for 3 months out of the year, when can you not drive to horton park and swim instead?
How about instead of fixing the pool give a property tax decrease that would help and last year around?
Maybe Joe tried but I sure don't see any change in Marshall County's public officials, except more taxpayer's debt, same high property taxes, and more cover ups!
Has Joe had 2 terms as Mayor that's 8 years and got paid do some say over $70,000.00 a year, times 8 years, does that amounts too more than $500,000.00, a half million dollars with extra benifits above that?
Without term limits if people want a government of the people, by the people and for the people, allowing other people a chance to be a part of our local public government,
Then when some are not willing to serve their time and terms in public office, Will it take the votes of people, for those to be forced out of public office, allowing other's their chance to see what those can do?
Marshall County needs term limits bad, just like it needs business men in public office who, are not affraid of Open Government, know how too cut budgets and work too lower taxes,
Don't people think they should atleast give Scottie Poarch a chance lets see what he can do, Joe had his 8 year 2 terms chance!
\

Term limits for property deeds, courthouse clerk and car registrations too. Once in it is hard to remove them. Longtime locals get way too comfy if you ask me.
just checking

Lewisburg, TN

#19 Jul 20, 2014
not joe wrote:
Ok Joe got another one for you to help us understand, why do you still have S.Well on pay roll, did she not resign but you said you would not except til after the election, and yet she is still on pay roll all this time, why is that what do you not want us to know,
Then you hire Adrian Born a child straight out of high school and paying her top dollar for the same job, why are two folk on the pay roll for one job.
I hope that rumors are not true that she left for sexual harassment and then you turn around and hire a child. Why are folks downtown and Chapel Hill thinking this is true? This was all the talk at the tractor pull last night
Did Miss Born go thru the county hiring process or did you just hire her straight in like Rutter did his wife at the EMS, I never seen a job posting for either job, I thought that was required.
Joe things are looking bad for you this week, just hope the truth get out before folks go vote.
Is this true. I THINK THIS QUESTION DESERVES AN ANSWER.
voter

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Jul 20, 2014
Reporter wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a paid political ad by Tim Looney. Nothing wrong with it. Anyone willing to pay the money for an ad has the right to do that. Also, did Looney say anything that was not true or not his opinion.. He told the true as he saw it whether you and Joe want to hear it or not. If there was something in the article that was a lie then Liggett has the right to prove that in court and show how it has damaged him, otherwise Looney and anyone else has the right to state their opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will MCHS Get New Stadium? 28 min Sports fan 28
Where did she go 1 hr Local 3
power outage 6 hr elvisgirl 5
May fest in lewisburg Fri Not true 5
Marshall County 2 Lawyers WTF Thu just me 3
Stop Animal Abuse by Reporting Apr 23 Tell the truth 47
children taken away (Feb '12) Apr 23 wtf 15
More from around the web

Lewisburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE