First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just curious

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 May 26, 2011
has anyone noticed the price jump to get in the rec center.it went from $2 to $4 just to get in and swim?
Really

Lewisburg, TN

#2 May 26, 2011
My understanding is it went from $2 for one pool to $4 for both pools. Yes, it increased, but you get access to both indoor and outdoor pools.
Ask the City Council

Columbia, TN

#3 May 26, 2011
Did the city council approve that price increase?

Don't they have to approve all price increases and reductions?
just curious

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 May 26, 2011
Why are they charging $4 now and last week. I dont think they even have the outdoor pool filled.If theyre gonna charge $4 then they should have the outdoor pool filled and be using it.
mother

Hendersonville, TN

#5 May 26, 2011
Their outdoor pool will not even be open until the end of June for repairs.
More Repair

Columbia, TN

#6 May 27, 2011
mother wrote:
Their outdoor pool will not even be open until the end of June for repairs.
Repairs what about the leaking roofs What is that Rec. Center Costing the Taxpayers and who is getting the repair work did not see any bids in the Local paper for those repair contracts were they?
Who Cares

Columbia, TN

#7 May 27, 2011
One of the biggest reasons why the rates went up is because they have to hire more lifegaurds and pay the lifegaurds a little more because ALOT of people here in Marshall County think that the Rec Center is a babysitter. Go out there one day and see how many aduts are with their kids. And I am talking about young kids!!! You don't like the price, then carry your ass somewhere else then!!!
Want a Job Forget It

Columbia, TN

#8 May 27, 2011
Who Cares wrote:
One of the biggest reasons why the rates went up is because they have to hire more lifegaurds and pay the lifegaurds a little more because ALOT of people here in Marshall County think that the Rec Center is a babysitter. Go out there one day and see how many aduts are with their kids. And I am talking about young kids!!! You don't like the price, then carry your ass somewhere else then!!!
Thats Right people dump their children off at the Rec. Center and those kids run wild are the people who run the rec center hired to be baby sitters!
Why not require any child under 18 be required a resonsible adult supervision. No Child or children under 18 allowed without attending resonsible adult at the same time!
Do you think the lifeguards should be paid like life saving Doctors maybe like a Calafornia Town paid it's Headlife guards $200,000.00 a year and the rest $100,000.00 a year!
Then Lewisburg could hire the City Officials Children and grandchildren to be the local Lifeguards.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#9 May 27, 2011
Want a Job Forget It wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats Right people dump their children off at the Rec. Center and those kids run wild are the people who run the rec center hired to be baby sitters!
Why not require any child under 18 be required a resonsible adult supervision. No Child or children under 18 allowed without attending resonsible adult at the same time!
Do you think the lifeguards should be paid like life saving Doctors maybe like a Calafornia Town paid it's Headlife guards $200,000.00 a year and the rest $100,000.00 a year!
Then Lewisburg could hire the City Officials Children and grandchildren to be the local Lifeguards.
Couldnt agree more.Why not put up signs that say:NO ONE ALLOWED UNLESS AGE OF 12 AND OVER OR 11 AND UNDER NEED ADULT SUPERVISION
make sense to me

Lewisburg, TN

#10 May 27, 2011
Want a Job Forget It wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats Right people dump their children off at the Rec. Center and those kids run wild are the people who run the rec center hired to be baby sitters!
Why not require any child under 18 be required a resonsible adult supervision. No Child or children under 18 allowed without attending resonsible adult at the same time!
Do you think the lifeguards should be paid like life saving Doctors maybe like a Calafornia Town paid it's Headlife guards $200,000.00 a year and the rest $100,000.00 a year!
Then Lewisburg could hire the City Officials Children and grandchildren to be the local Lifeguards.
I could not agree with you more. The rec. center is a babysitter and is used to dump off teenage and younger children while there parents are at work during the summer. Up the rates for swimming and other events or charge an admission just to get into the rec. center to off set the costs that the taxpayers are have to pay the people that work there. The biggest change could be as you stated about having a parent there for underage children. Makes sense to me.
get off it

Columbia, TN

#11 May 27, 2011
JOKERSWORLD wrote:
<quoted text> Couldnt agree more.Why not put up signs that say:NO ONE ALLOWED UNLESS AGE OF 12 AND OVER OR 11 AND UNDER NEED ADULT SUPERVISION
way not make it an age limit . is that not what they did to the last place this town had. there was a place downtown the kids could go, but they changed the rules and it closed. why waste anymore time, just close the damn place down
Shut That Taxpayer Drain

Columbia, TN

#12 May 27, 2011
get off it wrote:
<quoted text>
way not make it an age limit . is that not what they did to the last place this town had. there was a place downtown the kids could go, but they changed the rules and it closed. why waste anymore time, just close the damn place down
Oh! no! the Mayors, City Council and their buddies would not have a place to play then, if they closed the rec. Center!

It for them and not the kids you know how that is!
puzzled

Lewisburg, TN

#13 May 27, 2011

NEED A BIG RULE SIGN

NO CHILD UNDER 12 PERMITTED WITHOUT PARENT OR LEGAL AGED ADULT AND SIGNED PERMIT TO BE WITH THIS ADULT.

IT ISN'T FAIR TO PUT UNKNOWN CHILDREN'S LIVES IN THE HANDS OF KIDS TRYING TO WORK AND NOT THEIR PARENT.NO KIDS KEEPING KIDS SAFE.
tHIS IS IN NEED OF A WAKE UP .
Bad Managment

Columbia, TN

#14 May 27, 2011
get off it wrote:
<quoted text>
way not make it an age limit . is that not what they did to the last place this town had. there was a place downtown the kids could go, but they changed the rules and it closed. why waste anymore time, just close the damn place down
I agree Close the taxpayer drain in times like these the Lewisburg City taxpayers Deep in Debt if the Rec. Center cannot show a profit above operating costs then close it.
Seems the Rec. Center and Water Department have management even at the board level problems big time, both departyments should be making money for the city not costing money of the taxpayers!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#15 May 27, 2011
Who Cares wrote:
One of the biggest reasons why the rates went up is because they have to hire more lifegaurds and pay the lifegaurds a little more because ALOT of people here in Marshall County think that the Rec Center is a babysitter. Go out there one day and see how many aduts are with their kids. And I am talking about young kids!!! You don't like the price, then carry your ass somewhere else then!!!
That isnt a responsible approach to being very Christian?
Where has your spirit went to not want to be more posotive for young adults?

Your not a very good role model if this is someone working there?
redneck

Nashville, TN

#16 May 27, 2011
what does people want? we have some on here raising hell about the price increase, which is very mimimal, some on here complaining about the taxpayers footing the bill, raise the price to 20 bucks to swim, If you cant afford it find a babysitter cheaper. If you played golf all day long without a season pass it would cost you close to a hundred bucks. So what is 4 dam dollars? the only ones complaining are the freeloaders anyway, thinking they should get everything from the city for free, when most probably dont even pay any city taxes. All day swimming for 10 or 15 bucks, hey sounds like a good deal to me. If you cant afford it buy a dam 10 dollar kidde pool from walmart and you can swim all yoy want lol
redneck

Nashville, TN

#17 May 27, 2011
or county taxes I should have said
tax money

Lewisburg, TN

#18 May 27, 2011
DawkinsAdvocate wrote:
<quoted text>
That isnt a responsible approach to being very Christian?
Where has your spirit went to not want to be more posotive for young adults?
Your not a very good role model if this is someone working there?
Rec. center losing $800,000 two years ago, then $900,000 the next year, and somewhere, I have been told around $600,000 this physical year points to a major problem with the management and maybe the prices they are charging. The taxpayers are being held hostage at the expense of a select group of people that use the facility at what appears as a great discounted rate at the expense of the tax paying citizens of Lewisburg and not Marshall County.
redneck

Nashville, TN

#19 May 27, 2011
Shut That Taxpayer Drain wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! no! the Mayors, City Council and their buddies would not have a place to play then, if they closed the rec. Center!
It for them and not the kids you know how that is!
Hey the prices to play golf are comparable with other golf courses, im sure the ones you talking about can afford to play somewhere else if they want to. But we need to make money off the other sites also, so do you think 4 dollars is a big price to pay for all day swimming? either pool
Close the Sucker

Columbia, TN

#20 May 27, 2011
redneck wrote:
<quoted text> Hey the prices to play golf are comparable with other golf courses, im sure the ones you talking about can afford to play somewhere else if they want to. But we need to make money off the other sites also, so do you think 4 dollars is a big price to pay for all day swimming? either pool
$10 dollars be more like it what does it cost to get in the movies and golf $30 and tennis $30 those using the rec center need to be the ones who support it!

Not the city taxpayers!

It's a Taxpayer Country Club for a Few is all it amounts too those who want to swim need to go too Horton Park !

Lewisburg needs to get out of the Rec. Center business !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In search of,.. Fri Just me 2
Convenience Stores (Jul '07) Jul 20 Waka 6
mike waggoner Jul 19 PAC MAN 26
speed limits in town Jul 18 the return of goo... 12
Stan McNabb Ford Jul 18 shuck that fit 8
mes Jul 18 Fireworks Girl 14
new2town (Aug '07) Jul 18 What time 9

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages