First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Little Johnny

Hattiesburg, MS

#1 Jun 24, 2010
I ate in that place. The first thing I noticed was the flies all over the place. Then the I noticed the menu was kind of lacking...well...extremely lacking. Then I noticed they don't have fries...just chips. I ordered a "BB King BBQ Basket." Sounded like a good idea at the time. When I tell you the sandwich was small you can't imagine how small. I'm telling you it was about the exact same size as a Krystal burger. It was also the same size as the tiny cup they served the beans in. They must have poured the cans right from the can...cold. I was like WTF?! Are you kidding me?! Then I looked under the bun. There was maybe two bites of cold dry bbq on that miserable excuse for a sandwich. So...$6.99 for the bbq basket...$1.69 for the 20 oz. coke...that makes $8.68 plus tax. So almost $10 for about $2 maybe $3 worth of food. What a joke! I won't make that mistake again. That place won't be in business very long. I would bet money on that.

And the funniest part of the whole experience was the part on the menu that said "sandwich only...$4.99. WHAT?$5 for a Krystal bun with some leftover bbq from last weeks mayor rally? I wanted to find the owner of that place and cave his head in.
Call Your City Councilman

Mount Juliet, TN

#2 Jun 25, 2010
Call your councilman.....They helped get them going with a loan....I have heard other reports that were favorable however........
Ate ice cream there

Lewisburg, TN

#3 Jun 25, 2010
We too was excited about the place. Went inside, the place was hot and it wasn't as hot outside as it is now.
The girls did not have any personality or skills to be waitresses. They did feel comfortable around certain guests and talked but they were probably related to them. During their chit chats they forgot everyone else. Obviously no training or supervision. They all seemed to be single tasked type of people and were hired without considering work ethics.
The owner stayed in the back making pizza's. Would of been a great time to meet and greet her guests.

You would think the first thing they would of bought were some ceiling fans and a juke box.

Boring and awkward time for us. We were very disappointed and felt out of place there for some odd reason. We felt more welcomed at a Chinese restaurant. If you are going to do a theme place, do it right.
Was not fun as we anticipated. Maybe going outside the county 4 times a month or so makes our standards higher.
The strange thing, this is not the first go at this. They had one in another town near here.

To be fair, we did not eat the pizza, but it did "look" good that day. PS...Love Elvis like everyone else but there was more than Elvis back then.
Juda

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Jun 25, 2010
Why can't we get a nice place to eat where the food is great and the staff have personality? Is that too much to ask? I swear if I had the money I would open a place that offered good food and good service. I wouldn't try to get rich by not paying my help a decent wage. I would pay them enough so that everyone would be trying to get a job there. But oh...don't let me catch you slipping in my restaurant. You'd be in the unemployment line before you know it. I like how the guy that runs Sonic does it. They better be nice to you and the food better be good or he will crawl all over his staff and somebody will end up without a job. That's sad that he has to be like that but the truth is we live in Marshall County and that's just how it is.
eyevote

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Jun 25, 2010
Juda wrote:
Why can't we get a nice place to eat where the food is great and the staff have personality? Is that too much to ask? I swear if I had the money I would open a place that offered good food and good service. I wouldn't try to get rich by not paying my help a decent wage. I would pay them enough so that everyone would be trying to get a job there. But oh...don't let me catch you slipping in my restaurant. You'd be in the unemployment line before you know it. I like how the guy that runs Sonic does it. They better be nice to you and the food better be good or he will crawl all over his staff and somebody will end up without a job. That's sad that he has to be like that but the truth is we live in Marshall County and that's just how it is.
You are right. MC just don't get it. it is a shame. I always commented on how smart and effecient the kids are at sonic. It all stemes from the top. Laid back just doesn't cut it with me or anyone who is going somewhere in life.
no room to grow

Columbia, TN

#6 Jun 25, 2010
eyevote wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. MC just don't get it. it is a shame. I always commented on how smart and effecient the kids are at sonic. It all stemes from the top. Laid back just doesn't cut it with me or anyone who is going somewhere in life.
Oh everyone shut up and quit griping. When we get something new everhone attacks it. Why would anyone want to own a business here is beyond me. Have you ever thought that the county isn't the problem is the people!
Juda

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Jun 25, 2010
no room to grow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh everyone shut up and quit griping. When we get something new everhone attacks it. Why would anyone want to own a business here is beyond me. Have you ever thought that the county isn't the problem is the people!
You need to shut up! I'm attacking it because it sucks. I'm sure they can't please everyone but that place legitimately sucks...bad. I give them six months tops.
redneck

Hattiesburg, MS

#8 Jun 25, 2010
why should it work anyway, nothing on the square. the other joint on the corner is no better. Hey put a beer joint and pool room back downtown and let kids be kids lol
redneck

Hattiesburg, MS

#9 Jun 25, 2010
put it right beside of the jail, they all drug addicts or alkies anyway they would fit right in
Juda

United States

#10 Jun 25, 2010
I also noticed 50s and Fiddles has an ice cream truck parked on the far side of the square from their restaurant that has an extension cord running to the power supply for the court house. It's there right now. Go look if you don't believe me. Even if someone gave them permission, who has the authority to do so? I do believe the taxpayers of Marshall County pay for that electricity.
eyevote

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Jun 25, 2010
no room to grow wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, You talking to me???
Joe

United States

#12 Jun 25, 2010
I work in shelbyville, the 50s and fiddles business is doing nothing over there. Why did Lewisburg give them a big $20,000 loan to do the same thing here. This town is sick, help the business people here first, that money could have when a long way for local businesses here.
footballcrazy

United States

#13 Jun 25, 2010
Themesdon't usually do well in small towns like L'burg. Especially small dieing towns. The square has no parking and no real shopping places to draw people to a place like that.
from here

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Jun 26, 2010
Joe wrote:
I work in shelbyville, the 50s and fiddles business is doing nothing over there. Why did Lewisburg give them a big $20,000 loan to do the same thing here. This town is sick, help the business people here first, that money could have when a long way for local businesses here.
If we loan our tax money, we should have a say of where it goes.
Common sense tells you if you are going to do something like that you have to do it right or you will be spinning your wheels.
The place was looking for the cheapest way to try to turn a buck. The owner obviously does not have a clue or been out of middle TN. It takes money to make money. She needs to swallow her pride and listen to the folks who know best. The consumer.
Good idea/intentions but lack of full effort hurt her. "Sometimes" you only have one time to make a good first impression, especially in a small town. The owner seems real nice, she just needs to get smart fast and regroup quickly.
ridnher

Nashville, TN

#15 Jun 26, 2010
my family and was excited that a new restaurant came to town and look forward to going. i have to agree. the food there is terrible and there is no atmosphere. we order our food and it was small and was not fresh. i happen to notice that they took all of our food out of a warmer, the kind that you see at a convenience store. they have no kids meals. so for the 4 of us it cost me $30 and that was with waters. the reason that a restaurant cant make it is b/c you have some local yo joe that thinks he can run a restaurant b/c they are good cook. i will give this place one more try and see how it goes but it i dont think it will be any better.i just cant believe that the county gave them 23,000 to start up. they should have spent the money on cookers and fryers b/c there are none there, that the reason the dont have fries..hope it gets better, it could really be a great place..hope the owner reads this and makes changes...
you know it all ok

Columbia, TN

#16 Jun 26, 2010
redneck wrote:
why should it work anyway, nothing on the square. the other joint on the corner is no better. Hey put a beer joint and pool room back downtown and let kids be kids lol
see you know nothing that is not a beer joint you can not have beer were there are pool tables, he opened a game room and if you got off you dumb $%# and went to it you would see its a clean nice place and all you guy bitching about the food on the square why did you guys not try the corner cafe .... oh yea cause dumb f^&%$ like you spreading lies aboput the owner get you facts right and if you want a nice place to eat, well you had one and he closed due to low turn out and your city leaders running him out because he was not what ef wanted on the square think before you type this is way every one thinks lewisburg if full of inbreads- mike read these comments this is why we want you to open back up dont worry about these assholes in this town just do you thing guy
grandfather

Columbia, TN

#17 Jun 26, 2010
I agrre with you, the other Cafe on the square was wonderfull the food was great the service was awsom and the owner well little hot headed but very nice guy. It is a shame he closed and left us with the pink and blue place. As far as the 50's we are not plese I went there with my grandson they did have fries but were very hard we ask for more and it took over 30 min to get and they to were very hard. I had chicken stips that was as hard as a rock and old . If you guys want me to bring my familey back then you should change your menu to fresh and hot food. Don't get me wrong I am very happy to have the guy here at 50's however I do not agree with him taking our money out of town after the town gave him such a large loan. And why has he put his Shelbyville location up for sale, such a large town like that you think he would have kept it open. That makes me think something is funny about this loan deal. And why is the city setting up a stage today in front of his store, why does he get help from the city like this and other shops don't. Ask your selves this who is backing these guys and why is the city or city manager helping them so much, is he planning to work on thier music set ups with his dj equiptment.
Little Johnny

United States

#18 Jun 26, 2010
you know it all ok wrote:
<quoted text>
see you know nothing that is not a beer joint you can not have beer were there are pool tables, he opened a game room and if you got off you dumb $%# and went to it you would see its a clean nice place and all you guy bitching about the food on the square why did you guys not try the corner cafe .... oh yea cause dumb f^&%$ like you spreading lies aboput the owner get you facts right and if you want a nice place to eat, well you had one and he closed due to low turn out and your city leaders running him out because he was not what ef wanted on the square think before you type this is way every one thinks lewisburg if full of inbreads- mike read these comments this is why we want you to open back up dont worry about these assholes in this town just do you thing guy
Lies? Where? Nothing but truth in my posts. So it's ok that this guy is ripping off everyone that goes in there? You are fine with that? You are a complete asshole! I didn't go in the Corner Cafe because my girlfriend insisted that we try the new place. That's the last time she picks a place for me to eat. I knew it sucked before we even went in there.

Now they have a full setup down on the square while the taxpayers of the county pay to keep their ice cream frozen. Extension cord coming right out of the short bus and plugged right into the courthouse lawn power outlet.
thats NN

Lewisburg, TN

#19 Jun 26, 2010
you know it all ok wrote:
<quoted text>
Becauses potty mouth folks like you might get enough money to frequent the place. I bet your parents are proud of you!!!
thats NN

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Jun 26, 2010
grandfather wrote:
I agrre with you, the other Cafe on the square was wonderfull the food was great the service was awsom and the owner well little hot headed but very nice guy. It is a shame he closed and left us with the pink and blue place. As far as the 50's we are not plese I went there with my grandson they did have fries but were very hard we ask for more and it took over 30 min to get and they to were very hard. I had chicken stips that was as hard as a rock and old . If you guys want me to bring my familey back then you should change your menu to fresh and hot food. Don't get me wrong I am very happy to have the guy here at 50's however I do not agree with him taking our money out of town after the town gave him such a large loan. And why has he put his Shelbyville location up for sale, such a large town like that you think he would have kept it open. That makes me think something is funny about this loan deal. And why is the city setting up a stage today in front of his store, why does he get help from the city like this and other shops don't. Ask your selves this who is backing these guys and why is the city or city manager helping them so much, is he planning to work on thier music set ups with his dj equiptment.
Don't know, but will find out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
worst factory 9 hr hoofbeat 13
Cabe Pawn Store Sat Uknow 7
Church at Bear Creek (May '09) Fri Ms Manners 68
Fireworks Fri Rain man 3
No rental properties! Jun 23 Lewisburger 3
dirt cheap Jun 22 thereturn of some... 10
What's yalls opinion on black males dating whit... Jun 21 Pbj 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Lewisburg Mortgages