First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Local

Chicago, IL

#1 Jul 25, 2013
Who is the guy that bought the drive in? Heard it sold.
Nope

Lexington, SC

#3 Jul 25, 2013
Nope. It didn't sell.
Yep

Lawrenceburg, TN

#4 Jul 25, 2013
Steve Wakham
Well well

Columbia, TN

#7 Jul 26, 2013
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget Kngfish
I always figured you for a racist. Thanks for giving me proof. That's real Godly of you.
Well well

Columbia, TN

#10 Jul 26, 2013
Old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
I don'like Jesse Jackson andAl Sharpton.oes that make a bigger racist
Not sure what you wrote... maybe ask a sane adult to help you. In the mean time, is it right to excuse evil with evil? Is that what you learned in church?
local guy

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Jul 26, 2013
Camel Toe Inspector wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is everyone who doesn't glorify blacks considered a racist?
I agree.

Furthermore: I did not take a black girl to the prom. I did not tutor black children or help an hurting elderly black man at one time. All these were said to be done by george z and because so he was not a racist. I did not do any of those things, what am I?
showboat 1936

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Jul 26, 2013

Show Boat (1936)- Part 3/16: "Ol' Man River"

This movie really moves me in my spirit.
The music is great.
The sound is coming in great,also.

There are 16 parts maybe all are on youtube.

I grew up with the Muddy Mississippi.
My neighbors picked blackberries along the banks and made good cobblers.
it takes two baby

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Jul 26, 2013
Yep wrote:
Steve Wakham
http://www.marshalltribune.com/story/1989003....

Steve and Danielle Wakham

Congratulations on buying that Drive-In.
We are without transportation but have been some nights.
I was nine months old when my mom and her best neighbor friend loaded up her car with over five children, to go see the Dizzy Dean movie, The Pride of St. Louis, in Baton Rouge,La

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045049/
outdoor movie lover

Lewisburg, TN

#16 Jul 26, 2013
I am excited about the people buying and renovating the drive inn especially the restrooms. We were ashamed to ever invite anyone to go with us because of the past condition of both the men's and women's restrooms. I hope they have respect for the viewers and make a rule to ensure large trucks and such do not park in the front couple rows which in the past blocked vision by those behind them. That is not even counting the times when the kids all climb on the roofs for all night viewing and climbing up and down disrupting others. None of that was ever monitored.
hmmmm

Cornersville, TN

#17 Jul 27, 2013
why is it the job of the business owners to control the children... when I was growing up it was the parents responsibilty to make sure their children where respectful of others, no matter where they were. And as far as the restroom and such, that comment should be directed first of all to the property owner, who was not the business owner, for not wanting to put any money into the upkeep of the property. I would be willing to bet, that anyone RENTING a house from someone else would not go and do thousands of dollars of work on the house and pa or sendnt, that, if, after the drive-in caught fire a few years ago, the business owners had not rebuilt out of there pocket then it would have been closed back then. To quote the propety owner, "Well, I guess you will close down now, or pay to fix it yourself." And never offered a dime. And second of all to the patrons themselves. Those restrooms were cleaned every night before and after the gate was opened and closed, but when you have people throwing whole rolls of paper in the commodes just to watch them overflow, or sending their children, unsupervised to bathroom to make a mess, or grown people pooping on the tank lid of the commode, and going as far as stealing the handsoap containers, how are you supposed to have anywhere for the good decent customers to go. And yes, it all happened, every weekend. Then you have people get on places like this to run the business owners in the ground. Ridiculous!!!! If everybody was as concerned about that place as much as Gary Douglas has been over the last 20 years, it would have been better for the whole community. But what gets me most is that, 90% of the patrons came from out of town, county and even stat. Yes I said state, and not just passing thru. They came every weekend because they loved it. People around here kill me complaining, there is nothing to do in Marshall County, but most would not even support what was here. The paper today had a write up about the Wakhams buying it... Good for them. But out of 20 years of dedication to the community, numerous donations to benefits and school organizations, and other things I'm sure I don't know, the Lewisburg paper NEVER once did an article on the drive-in. Columbia did, TV new stations did. The Tennessean did, but NEVER Lewisburg. BUT, I hope the Wakhams have big success with it. Gary and June Douglas, especially Gary, put his heart and soul into that place and for what, to be talked about negatively by the people he tried to provide family entertainment for and reasonable prices. So let me just say this, If you think they had no respect for the patrons, if you think he didn't want to make the rest rooms nicer, if you think that he didn't want to keep it open, think again. For 20 years I listened to him make the announcement before the movie , thanking everyone for coming out, for 29 years I listen to him say, if you need help, just let somebody know, have a safe trip home and y'all come back to see us now ya hear. He worked thru numerous cancer surgeries, 3 strokes, a broke back, and numerous other health problems, and he did it because he LOVED it and the people. And had the property own agreed to sell it to him all those years he kept trying to buy it, he would still be doing it tonight. And here is something that all you people can spread around, as we were packing all his stuff up out there this week and moving it out, he looked at my sister and me and said" This just makes me sick to my stomach". NOW,let's see how quickly that gets spread around as opposed to how bad a shape the restrooms were in. Yes, I am 1 of their children who put in countless hours out there for your entertainment. And I will cherish every minute of it because I did with my family. Last thing I have to say is, YOU"RE WElCOME! And so no one has to guess who wrote this, although if read by the right people, they already know which child it is, my name is Karen Douglas Walker
Pass the blame game

Lewisburg, TN

#18 Jul 27, 2013
Rules are made for those who just don't care and or do not have the common sense to think about others. No large vehicles should be allowed front and center. That is why other drive ins have those rules.

If my family owned or rented the drive in, I would take personal pride in my business and replace whatever needed to be fixed. I would of built additional restrooms out of my own pocket. The normal waiting line was 6-10 folks at times.

It takes money to make money. Look how many ****money spending***** decent folks stayed away just because they had nasty restrooms. I am sorry, but my standards are minimal and even before the first customer ever used the restrooms any evening, those restrooms looked unkept, stinky and dirty.

Some people here may be able to accept it, but I am sorry we can't.

It is also the business owners responsibility to watch over and clean up messes immediately, it is just the right thing to do.

When I rented my first business, we did not have a public restroom but I wanted to rent the building. It was my decision to replace the toilet, pull up the tile and repaint the walls. That was because it was below my minimal standards and believe me, I can put up with some mess but to have my guest use the same restroom, I would want to go above minimal standards.
As for the newspaper, I can't speak for them but if I was an editor there, it would be hard to support such behavior by the renters. Did you ever ask for an article?
It must be nice to be able to shift the blame others for something you have the opportunity and responsibility as a business owner to fix.
Drive in fan

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Jul 27, 2013
Karen Douglas Walker -good for you for speaking out. I enjoyed the drive in-yes the bathrooms had a line, no they weren't the best however-I never saw your dad that he wasn't friendly. I think he did what he could to keep it family friendly and at a price that we could go and see a movie. Even the snacks were kept at a price you could afford. Let those who fuss go to columbia and pay those prices.
I am glad it has been sold and someone will be able to keep it going. I am curious to see with all the changes-what the prices will go to.
Thank you to your Mom and Dad for keeping it going as long as they did. It was a blessing to me and my family many weekends.
Family Guy

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Jul 27, 2013
I hope the new people learn from what was written.
Higher standards mean higher class of people which relates to better income.

It will take awhile until the word gets out of condition changes. For the movie fan, hygiene and condition issues kept my family and me away from the drivein, any problems with that? It was a mess at best, nothing less.

Was that the same restroom the workers used? If so, someone is was not doing their job.
Too bad

Columbia, TN

#21 Jul 27, 2013
Family Guy wrote:
I hope the new people learn from what was written.
Higher standards mean higher class of people which relates to better income.
It will take awhile until the word gets out of condition changes. For the movie fan, hygiene and condition issues kept my family and me away from the drivein, any problems with that? It was a mess at best, nothing less.
Was that the same restroom the workers used? If so, someone is was not doing their job.
Higher class of people..? like there are two or three on this site? Besides me. The rest are gutter trash so probably just peed next to their car. Did you not read what was said? People trashed it, kids trashed it. Frankly, I'd buy or rent outhouses and make them use those. At least they can be hosed down at the end of the night.
Health Department Issue

Columbia, TN

#22 Jul 27, 2013
As to the rest rooms why blame the owner when is it the County Health Departments job to see that all public reztrooms are keep clean?

HEALTH DEPARTMENT issue?

County Codes?

Should people who find unclean public restrooms call their public officials?
Family Guy

Lewisburg, TN

#23 Jul 27, 2013
Too bad wrote:
<quoted text>
Higher class of people..? like there are two or three on this site? Besides me. The rest are gutter trash so probably just peed next to their car. Did you not read what was said? People trashed it, kids trashed it. Frankly, I'd buy or rent outhouses and make them use those. At least they can be hosed down at the end of the night.
OK, then they should of monitored it, knowing it was a problem. It is their responsibility to clean up. There should of been cleaning equipment and personal there all night long. I guess periodic spot checks were never done. They lived with it and it was OK for those who still attended the drivein. Where was the health dept? They should of shut down the place and sent a message with a big hefty fine. The next group look like a decent family and I am sure they will turn it around. I for one will not sit back and allow this city to fall further in distress.
Too bad

Columbia, TN

#24 Jul 27, 2013
Family Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, then they should of monitored it, knowing it was a problem. It is their responsibility to clean up. There should of been cleaning equipment and personal there all night long. I guess periodic spot checks were never done. They lived with it and it was OK for those who still attended the drivein. Where was the health dept? They should of shut down the place and sent a message with a big hefty fine. The next group look like a decent family and I am sure they will turn it around. I for one will not sit back and allow this city to fall further in distress.
You live in a fantasy world. You have no idea what was being done so you really have nothing to say or add. Health dept? Hahahahaha. You don't go there anyway. And YOU won't sit back and allow this city to fall further in distress???? My cheeks are hurting from laughing at this post. So what are you going to do about it?
Family Guy

Lewisburg, TN

#25 Jul 27, 2013
Too bad wrote:
<quoted text>
You live in a fantasy world. You have no idea what was being done so you really have nothing to say or add. Health dept? Hahahahaha. You don't go there anyway. And YOU won't sit back and allow this city to fall further in distress???? My cheeks are hurting from laughing at this post. So what are you going to do about it?
Been there, seen it and spoke to people who were there since.
What am I going to do about it? First of all, I am going to stop conversing with people like you.
JGN

Lewisburg, TN

#26 Jul 28, 2013
Too bad wrote:
<quoted text>
If that makes you laugh, you must be a real idiot
Dump

United States

#28 Jul 28, 2013
Hope they run it better than the last owner. Nasty restrooms, funky food and annoying teens ruining the movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lewisburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men who share? 10 hr Billytoesaxs 10
Trump the Lyin' King 17 hr Dump Trump 1
Would you support a Nationwide Pit Bull Ban? Sun Just me 4
Hello From Topix! (May '07) Sun Just me 24
Stop asking Stupid Questions Drink the koolaid Sun Of coarse 56
Decent Women (Oct '13) Sat Of coarse 17
Men Who Can't Fix Things Jan 10 Djdj 10

Lewisburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance